Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2010, 17:32   #121
Senior - BHPian

They are 100 % fake kit. Sorry Mr Gaurav Ahuja !!!

This one is the original

Old 23rd October 2010, 17:39   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
They are 100 % fake kit. Sorry Mr Gaurav Ahuja !!!
But how can I get this point across to him in a professional manner? I could get my system money back
Old 24th October 2010, 01:22   #123
BANNED

The pics you posted Gaurav is fake .And it is available for Rs1300/- here in North West Delhi.I even saw a complete carton of some 100 pieces in it at a shop(all were fake and exact copy of what you posted).
Old 24th October 2010, 10:07   #124
Senior - BHPian

Dude.. you have a brilliant chance to earn 25K.
Old 24th October 2010, 10:39   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by panky12345 View Post
Dude.. you have a brilliant chance to earn 25K.
The thing is, how can I get this point across to Gaurav? Is there some authority who could actually tell this to him? Just like t-bhp members are posting here saying it's fake, I was telling him the same in his shop. Since Gaurav is an honest fellow, and actually believes his product is original, maybe his supplier is cheating him? I would like to help him in this and get the point across properly.
Old 24th October 2010, 11:52   #126
Senior - BHPian

does it has a hologram and a sticker mentioning Sahil International?
Old 24th October 2010, 14:33   #127
BHPian

I asked him then itself if he gets his supply from Sahil, he said no. I don't think I saw any hologram. But the print on the pack was pretty good. At least the text mentioning the US address and stuff.

What if he could be right that it's an imported old JBL wiring kit and not the one's made in India now?
Old 24th October 2010, 16:06   #128
Senior - BHPian

It is definitely not a piece imported through the regular channel. Beyond that, it *could* be a genuine kit not meant to be sold in India but somewhere else. Apart from the print on the packaging being better, the wire coils seem to be held in place with a tape with JBL marking. Now if this is a fake, hats off to the guys' attention to detail.
Old 24th October 2010, 17:50   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
It is definitely not a piece imported through the regular channel. Beyond that, it *could* be a genuine kit not meant to be sold in India but somewhere else. Apart from the print on the packaging being better, the wire coils seem to be held in place with a tape with JBL marking. Now if this is a fake, hats off to the guys' attention to detail.
Here's the pics Sam posted of this wiring kit 3 years ago.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/346736-post36.html

There are a few differences in color and other marked details if you compare my pic with Sams post. The only thing is, this thread and everyone contributing to it has established one thing -

Other than the 2 rectangular box wiring kits everything else is fake. If that is really the case, then that automatically means the one Gaurav tried to sell me was a fake.

Could Sam please provide some backup here? Particularly to the following questions
  1. Are JBL wiring kits made in Mexico?
  2. Either now or in the past, did wiring kits exist like the one I posted pics of anywhere in the world?
  3. What corrective measures can I take to convince Gaurav that these kits are fake (if yes)?
Thanks!
Old 24th October 2010, 20:09   #130
Senior - BHPian

Do you think you'll get your money back, ever? Forget it!
Old 25th October 2010, 01:08   #131
Senior - BHPian

Dude, Gaurav himself is being duped by his supplier. Before anyone takes a dig at Gaurav, let me tell you all that he's amongst the most honest dealers in Lajpat Nagar and a soft spoken person. I've never seen him fleecing or intentionally duping the customers, this case is such where he himself is genuinely unaware (99.999% sure), so please practice prudence.

I will try meeting Gaurav in-person tomorrow since today is weekly off.

LBM Ji, the one you posted has been long replaced by the black-colour scheme packing.

Last edited by tsk13 : 25th October 2010 at 01:10.
Old 25th October 2010, 12:13   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
Dude, Gaurav himself is being duped by his supplier. Before anyone takes a dig at Gaurav, let me tell you all that he's amongst the most honest dealers in Lajpat Nagar and a soft spoken person. I've never seen him fleecing or intentionally duping the customers, this case is such where he himself is genuinely unaware (99.999% sure), so please practice prudence.

I will try meeting Gaurav in-person tomorrow since today is weekly off.

LBM Ji, the one you posted has been long replaced by the black-colour scheme packing.
Please take my reference when you meet him. Tell him Ranjan wanted to convey it was fake as well and that he should take steps against his supplier. Let me know how it works out.
Old 17th December 2010, 13:25   #133
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fake Wiring kit

I seem to have missed the entire discussion here. Sorry.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ByDesign View Post
This one's for Sam or anyone skilled in the field.

"Sir, you prove in any way, that this wiring kit wasn't made by JBL and I will refund your entire cash that you've spent on your system"

Just for the record, I've spent over Rs. 25,000 on this setup. I have nothing against Gaurav, he's been an honest seller and person towards me. Can someone, somehow let him know if this wiring kit is fake? Because he's 100% sure he's right. He says its imported.

Any help will be awesome. Thanks guys.
I can state for the record that this cabling kit is indeed a fake and is not made by JBL.

I'd also state that severe punitive action has been taken in the recent past against dealers stocking spurious JBL products. Ignorance is no excuse.

Quote:
What if he could be right that it's an imported old JBL wiring kit and not the one's made in India now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Iit *could* be a genuine kit not meant to be sold in India but somewhere else.
Fake. Never made, old or new.

Quote:

Other than the 2 rectangular box wiring kits everything else is fake. If that is really the case, then that automatically means the one Gaurav tried to sell me was a fake.

Could Sam please provide some backup here? Particularly to the following questions
  1. Are JBL wiring kits made in Mexico?
  2. Either now or in the past, did wiring kits exist like the one I posted pics of anywhere in the world?
  3. What corrective measures can I take to convince Gaurav that these kits are fake (if yes)?
Thanks!
Absolutely correct. JBL produced 2 version of the wiring kit, black and white packaging. Both were in rectangular blister-sealed packaging. You could only open it with a blade.

1. No. All JBL kits were always made in China.
2. No.
3. I'm not sure what your objective is.

If you want to get your money back, remember you have no proof you ever bought this item.

If you want to do the dealer a good turn, I am sure he has better sources of information than you. If he still does not know it is fake, then he is very poorly informed, or disconnected with the industry. The fact that this kit is spurious is common knowledge in the entire car accessory business.

Also in closing, I'd like to point out that JBL no longer makes any wiring kits and has not supplied any for well over a year now.

That is all the information I can offer you now. When and if JBL has a new wiring kit, I will let you know. Till then, I advise you not to go looking for a wiring kit branded as JBL.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 17th December 2010 at 13:28.
Old 24th December 2010, 20:03   #134
BHPian

Re: Fake Wiring kit

since Sam cannot officially say it, for a fantastic post and the support you get here, Scosche would be a better option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
I seem to have missed the entire discussion here. Sorry.
I can state for the record that this cabling kit is indeed a fake and is not made by JBL.

I'd also state that severe punitive action has been taken in the recent past against dealers stocking spurious JBL products. Ignorance is no excuse.

Fake. Never made, old or new.

Absolutely correct. JBL produced 2 version of the wiring kit, black and white packaging. Both were in rectangular blister-sealed packaging. You could only open it with a blade.

1. No. All JBL kits were always made in China.
2. No.
3. I'm not sure what your objective is.

If you want to get your money back, remember you have no proof you ever bought this item.

If you want to do the dealer a good turn, I am sure he has better sources of information than you. If he still does not know it is fake, then he is very poorly informed, or disconnected with the industry. The fact that this kit is spurious is common knowledge in the entire car accessory business.

Also in closing, I'd like to point out that JBL no longer makes any wiring kits and has not supplied any for well over a year now.

That is all the information I can offer you now. When and if JBL has a new wiring kit, I will let you know. Till then, I advise you not to go looking for a wiring kit branded as JBL.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks