Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2013, 12:09   #121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin

While on the topic of 1 sub vs 2 we have to understand that the SPL of 2 subs is about 6db more than 1 of the same sub. Now 6db is a perceptible increase but not significant. For what I would consider a significant increase (doubling of SPL) one would need 4 of the same subs (which will give a 12db increase over 1 sub).

So why do many use 2 subs?

a. When that 6db makes a difference (in competition even 0.6db can make a difference between 1st and 2nd place or even placing at all).

b. To half the movement of the cone for a particular SPL so say a single subwoofer moved 6mm to produce 95db a@ 50Hz, 2 subwoofers would need to move only 3mm each to produce 95db @ 50Hz. Now THAT is a huge difference to the sub's performance but in terms of distortion and diefnition.
Thanks Navin Sir for the knowledge, Point B is the reason why I seek 2 woofers rather than one. Cleaner and tighter bass. Not loud but deeper and less muddy.
Never knew the technicalities, simply 2 sounded better than one to me.
From the above discussion, I feel I will just put the tow DL together for I don't wish to make the efforts to have the FG fabrications etc.
Old 28th July 2015, 14:57   #122
Senior - BHPian

Re: Turning my Honda Civic into a DISCO!

Just observed that apparently your Audio System is up for sale? How come?

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...t-System.html/
Ace F355 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks