Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2006, 15:38   #16
Team-BHP Support

oh the gl*** is only for show. so that one can see the woofer move. is your sub a 306F or a 306C?

what is spung material. is it the white damping or something else.
Old 16th March 2006, 17:30   #17
BHPian

Well i think i m talking about damping only i dont know what that thing is which they stick under the tray....Well My sub is 306Dvc.I dont know if it is C or F, Plz tell me the diff bw two.then i can tell you which one ismine it has got four wires coming out and it is 1000w thats all i know abt it??
Old 16th March 2006, 22:48   #18
Team-BHP Support

C is for a closed box sub and F is for free air. the sub is designed for free air or closed box. there is no rule saying that a 306F cant be used in a box but it may not sound good in one. however there are tricks around this problem too. let us know what the sub is and any other details and we'll figure something out.
Old 16th March 2006, 23:24   #19
Senior - BHPian

Navinji... he means 'sponge'

And 'Somebody.....' the glass enclosure is a bandpass enclosure and the glass is for looks only. for more details google 'bandpass enclosure'... be aware that a good box builder may charge as much as your sub for building you a proper bandpass + plexiglass enclosure.
Old 17th March 2006, 13:02   #20
Senior - BHPian

i would preffer a ported one because it can be tuned to a freq which u like easily by changing the port length and can be used as seal when ever wanted by pulgin the hole. I my self have tested the freq respone of the box with a sound meter see the attached link

http://img153.imageshack.us/my.php?image=graph1jd.jpg

as observed by me in the graph the ported box sounded the loudest and the flat with window open as compared to the sealed one. Also note that these measurements were take in the car cabin not in a room.

So for my choice I would go for a ported one rest it is up to u to choose which one is the best for U people out there.
Old 17th March 2006, 13:23   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Nowadays when my wife complains to my friends that i like to sit at home they laugh and say "Navin partied enough for 3 life times - he's all partied out".

There were weeks when we averaged about 500ml or rum/vodka and other 80proof spirits per day. We slept an average of 3-4 hrs per day. We'd party till 3-4am and get to work at 8:30am and we did this from 1981-1995! 14 years running. Some called it Alchohol fueled Adrenalin. I was once tested with a BAC of .25. 3 times the limit then. I only hope my son does not follow in my footsteps.

Funny thing where in all this I managed to get through regular life (school, work, etc) as well.
Navin would give us tips on how to get a high and woo the damsels without gettin slapped !!

This one to the Alcohol Gurus: We are having a party this week. How many shots of Vodka and whisky should i take. How much of soda or sprite should i mix and how do i ensure that i dont get a hangover the next day.
Old 17th March 2006, 13:55   #22
BHPian

LBM, remember it is very difficult to get the port length right. But if you are in the mood to do some serious experimenting go for it. It is worth the trouble.

And you could stuff something in the port to make it an aperiodic box.
Old 17th March 2006, 14:34   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
Navin would give us tips on how to get a high and woo the damsels without gettin slapped !!
Hey hey hey! The old man can give you al the getting high tips you want. Let's make one thing clear - the "damsel" bit is mine. All mine.
Old 17th March 2006, 16:12   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni

This one to the Alcohol Gurus: We are having a party this week. How many shots of Vodka and whisky should i take. How much of soda or sprite should i mix and how do i ensure that i dont get a hangover the next day.
One rule about women. If a girl wants you to touch her she'll let you know.

Alchohol is not so simple
1. dont mix drinks. drink Vodak or Whisky. Mixing is ugh!
2. Drink as much as you can without falling down. Actually it is ok to fall as long as you can get up again.
3. Soda, Sprite? What's that. Drink Neat.
4. Drink 1 liter of water before you crash. 1 liter nothing less.

BTW who is driving?

Last edited by navin : 17th March 2006 at 16:14.
Old 17th March 2006, 16:57   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

So here's a few about women

1. Don't let the woman know you want to touch her, even if you're like dying to.
2. Say funny & clever things from time to time. None of these should be derogatory to her or any other human being except yourself. Then she'll think your funny. Unless that's her kind of humour, or she joins in and makes fun of you, in which case she might not be such a great gal after all the excitement has settled down.
3. If you can't say funny or clever things, be quiet and try to look thoughtful. Even if your trying to memorise the pattern of the lace on her bra. She might mistake you for the strong and silent types. That always works.
4. Buy small sweet gifts and make up for your inadequacies, such as insensitivity, attention deficit syndrome, cash deficit syndrome and other such charming qualities most team-BHPians have.

I think I'm gonna ask GTO for a seperate section called woo-BHP.

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 17th March 2006 at 17:01.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2006, 17:40   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
So here's a few about women

1. Don't let the woman know you want to touch her, even if you're like dying to.
2. Say funny & clever things from time to time. None of these should be derogatory to her or any other human being except yourself. Then she'll think your funny. Unless that's her kind of humour, or she joins in and makes fun of you, in which case she might not be such a great gal after all the excitement has settled down.
3. If you can't say funny or clever things, be quiet and try to look thoughtful. Even if your trying to memorise the pattern of the lace on her bra. She might mistake you for the strong and silent types. That always works.
4. Buy small sweet gifts and make up for your inadequacies, such as insensitivity, attention deficit syndrome, cash deficit syndrome and other such charming qualities most team-BHPians have.

I think I'm gonna ask GTO for a seperate section called woo-BHP.
ROTFLMAO Sam, the Bold one was thougtful

Navin: We are going to Madikeri ( weekend trip!)
Will not drive..will fiddle with the car audio and will play all my favorite songs!!

current fav: Nazareth- Sunshine
The lyrics link:
http://www.lyrics007.com/Nazareth%20...%20Lyrics.html

Last edited by muni : 17th March 2006 at 17:43.
Old 17th March 2006, 17:52   #27
BHPian

navin,did u notice that whenever sam comes out of hibernation [is it hibernation,i doubt] he gets naughty.Few months back he was at his best after long break and now again,even better than before.
he must have had nice break thats why he is now talking abt wine,rum,whisky,gin,spirit,spirits,women and now.....
Quote:
memorise the pattern of the lace on her bra

All these things when together God know what will happen then........and that has happened to sam i beleive.

keep it up sam....we all love it
Old 18th March 2006, 00:02   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Clever things like should I use a Class A tansistorised or tube amp for my car? If it is transistors, should it be bipolar or mosfet? What do you think?
Old 18th March 2006, 12:55   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

If you are wooing a girl and you want her to think you are heterosexual by default, avoid using words like BIPOLAR. The fairer sex tends to misconstrue easily.
This i did't mention as it is an unwritten law, but I am glad someone has come out of the closet. We need to discuss these things openly.
Old 18th March 2006, 14:16   #30
BHPian

Well earlier when i Logged on Ported box were being discussed and now After reading the post right under me i felt i have entered wrong section....Lol.....WoW...Sam seems like you've had your fair share of women and a handsome experience too....lol.

Anyways Navin.Will it help if i post Pic of my woofer,I dont have any Idea if its C or F....Just know its Dvc....sorry I dont have vast knowledge like all bhpians.Do reply!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks