Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2008, 10:45   #61
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
Post it guys and gals let everyone know, there is no one from Income tax department in this group
Maybe it is someone FROM the Income Tax Dept. :-) * just food for thought*
Old 25th March 2008, 14:55   #62
BHPian

Thanks for all the Kind words

Hi guys!

Haven't been very active on Team-BHP for quite some time - Was finishing my one year MBA at ISB. However, I do keep checking in and reading a lot of the posts here.

Great to see that the forum and my post still rock.

cheers
Old 25th March 2008, 18:31   #63
Senior - BHPian

welcome back.

yeah! your thread worth its praises. Hence made a sticky.
Old 8th April 2008, 16:31   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkr2k2 View Post
welcome back.

yeah! your thread worth its praises. Hence made a sticky.
thanks KK!

Will try and be more active henceforth.

Cheers
Old 16th April 2008, 21:21   #65
BHPian

Very well written SM....
Nice way to introduce this forum...
Old 19th June 2008, 11:52   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac View Post
1. Thou might get more confused
Want to clear your confusion? Don’t come here for here you will only get more confused. If previously the doubts confused you, now the ‘answers’ will! (So many ‘answers’ you will have.)

2. Thou might delay your decision for a loooooooooong time
If you come here for a quick fix solution for your queries like “which is the best system for my ……….so and so……….?) Forget it! Go no further and install your system for if you venture ahead, you will not decide on your setup for weeks together. You will read and read and read…………..and read ………..the posts here till you have exhausted all there is to read and even then it is not guaranteed that you will decide!
(After reading the posts here for over three weeks now, I have decided just my Head unit!)

3. Thou might be led to severe addiction and Insomnia
You might get addicted to reading the posts here and this most of the times leads to staying up late in the nights for the purpose (pun intended).You might end up spending more time and effort on this forum than you ever imagined and its common for the users of this forum to stay up late nights and sleep at work the next day – at least in the initial few days till you get used to it.

4. Thou wife/girlfriend/boss/all of them might fire you
What else do you think will happen if you start having late night extra-marital affairs with this forum? Btw what time is it now?
(Found no girl on the forum, at least in the “In Car Entertainment” section, so please excuse the absence of husband/Boyfriend….in the heading)

5. Thou might never be satisfied.
In spite of your carefully considered decision after reading and reading on setup, you shall still be left wondering if the choice you made was the best you could or could you have selected something better in the given budget. Was a particular JBL/Alpine amp/speaker worth the bucks or could the Sony have done the trick. Was it worth going with Bill & Warranty or would grey have been better or vice versa. And if you find a better system in another car you will not change yours but shout from the roof tops that your system rocks! It’s the best and so on and so forth….Now look at those guys who’ve said this. They’re gonna murder me. (Naah! The people here are too nice to do it – Par yeh kya? oye! Yeh tamaatar kaun maar raha hai? Abbey yeh anda kisne pheka? - Just kidding guys!! Don’t take “my system is best” thing seriously!)

6. Thou shall be robbed
This is a very greedy forum full of people out to loot you. If you come here with budgets of around 10,000/ the people here will make you spend around 20,000/- (I came looking for a system for around 10,000/- to 15,000/- and ended up spending 30,000/-) If you were happy with 2000 wala sony speaker before now you will become miserable with them. You might not be satisfied with anything less than a 6,000/- to a 60,000/- component system.

7. Thou might have to first buy a new dictionary
Did you ask what a component system is? Now didn’t I tell you will have to buy a new dictionary! You will hear many more words previously unheard of like crossovers, biamping, XO etc etc.

8. Thou shall be converted
From an ignorant soul living in miserable audio environment to a learned one enjoying exhilarating musical environments. Your new religion will be “Quality Sound.”

9. Thou shall commit blasphemy
And for having converted you into this new religion of “Quality Sound” you may for a second deem our Audio Gurus Navin, Sam, Gunbir, Autophile etc who shall lead you from ignorance to bliss to be your Gods(of Music)!! ( Chalo! Kuch log to ande nahi maarenge)

And the worst of all you know what?

10. YOU WILL NOT FIND A SINGLE ANSWER
You came here looking for answers to all your queries and doubts, right? But SORRY!! Here, you will not find a single answer. COZ what you will get here is Advice (and plenty at that) for “advice is what others can give answers come only from within.” Right Said Sir, Navin?

Take care of these risks all ye souls and thou shall live here in bliss forever and ever...........

And if you have actually read all that is written above and are not mad at the post, then congratulations man! you have real Patience.......Just tell me you actually read and I shall share with you some of the tamaatars and andas that many people might thow at me!!!
An old old September 2005 post!!But oh,so relevant till today and many many years to come.I just asked my wife to go through point number 4!!Her stare or rather glare at me was priceless

Excellent stuff,fantastic sense of humor!

Sorry to dig this out!
Old 19th June 2008, 12:59   #67
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundManiac View Post
4. Thou wife/girlfriend/boss/all of them might fire you
This is so true. Well not exactly fire but my boss
knows i'm stuck to this forum. As a matter of fact
he came up to me today and said "Oye Forum.. Honda launched
something called 'Hybrid' and its 21.5 L ".

Pah.. like I didn't know!!!
Old 29th June 2008, 14:33   #68
BHPian

So very True

Every single commandment out here is so true
Its been 2 months since i have been reading all the posts on ICE for my new innova and boy i am more confused than ever before
Hopefully the gyaan here helps me get my innova iced in 2008
Old 23rd July 2008, 22:22   #69
BHPian

my so called brain just screamed "SO TRUE"..lol..really i came into this section looking for a solution and i land up with options.it's like consulting the iitians.they optimise the solution instead of coming up with one final solution.

"ask the first benchers how to run a company,
the last benchers how to start it.."
doubt if thats the the exact line,it's by bill gates.
this is what came striking to me when i read this thread.
i'm still looking for the answers buddy.

Last edited by Rehaan : 24th July 2008 at 07:18. Reason: wat = what.
Old 19th August 2008, 02:16   #70
Senior - BHPian

ha ha ah are you still looking at answers? manjith pm? are you sure you would find them?

at least it took me more than a year decide on my ICE with my budget after pimping it from 10Kto 40K and another 10k after sometime!

so you need to start some where or audition same songs over many systems before you can be 100% naa 90% sure of what you can spend the $$$ on!

EDIT:just for the heck of it i read all the TEN COMMANDMENTS once again and it feels i am reading it for the first time every time i read them!

and the 10th commandment holds good for you manjith and me too!!!!! cheers to that, i am now eying the illusion carbon series! man when will this get over!

Last edited by rider60 : 19th August 2008 at 02:25.
Old 27th October 2008, 00:06   #71
BHPian

Such a Great Feeling

Its such a good feeling to see this post still sticky/parked.

The admiration and appreciation shown for the post fills my heart with pride and gratitude.

On the personal front - I have traversed a long distance - from handling a petrol bunk on my own, to finishing a great MBA at ISB, to handling a senior profile at Reliance Communications to installing great ICE set ups in three more cars - am on to my fourth now....and where else would I go to but the gurus...hehehehe.

Nevertheless, Thanks all for the lovely messages...keep em coming...errr...vrooming.....

Cheers
Old 21st November 2008, 19:05   #72
BHPian

I do agree with each of these commandments & risks.
I am a newbie to this forum - but this forum has given my ICE an Inferiority complex (which was supposedly very good by my standards when I hadn't started browsing this forum)
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:26   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonirohit View Post
I do agree with each of these commandments & risks.
I am a newbie to this forum - but this forum has given my ICE an Inferiority complex (which was supposedly very good by my standards when I hadn't started browsing this forum)
To add to this - i am poorer by 10K in 2 months....
4.3 K - JBL 608 Compos
5 K - Blau MK4 AMP
Now I am planning to upgrade my HU too :(
Old 30th March 2009, 13:47   #74
BHPian

very true of the statutory risks .. i was clear with my choice of HU , know am confused with couple of choices , had a budget of 15-18K for upgrade now seems like the budget requirement has shot beyond 30K and slowly inching towards 35K .. very very addictive
Old 27th May 2009, 10:09   #75
BHPian

This still holds true. The budget that I got seemed to be to good for me. People who are ignorant about these thing gets all that Jazz in their cars for 20k, and go around boom boom, and I am just getting a HU and front comps for that money ...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks