Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2008, 02:35   #436
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Anyway my real question is whether replacing the fuse will solve the problem or real problem lies somewhere else?

Hi RSJ,

great to see you had a problem, else we would never see you back here.

Open the fuseholder and tighten the fuse. That should be all.
Old 17th March 2008, 12:11   #437
Senior - BHPian

If fuse is loose in the holder it might have generated some heat so check for the same. Also as the fuse is loose there can be rust there between the fuse and the fuse base. Take out the fuse clean the surface with sand paper and then reinstall again.
Old 17th March 2008, 15:40   #438
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys
How u doing?
i got a small problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir View Post
Hi RSJ,
great to see you had a problem, else we would never see you back here.
lol, I agree, where has the doc been? Avatar mein bachcha bhi bada ho gaya!
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2008, 22:28   #439
BHPian

Thanx Gunbir and LBM,i will do it tomorrow.I also thought so and did try to open it but could open he outer cover only.
Do i have to tighten it by tighteing the screws or something else?Sorry for asking silly question but i couldn't figure it out.Will give it try once more.

Guys,my absence from ICE was obviously coz of kid and then study.You know it was very difficult to keep away from forum but somehow i did manage.Earlier i would sit for 3-4hrs continuously surfing ICE section only.

I'm also missing you guys but i will be back one day(though not sure with bang )

Last edited by rsjaurr : 17th March 2008 at 22:30.
Old 18th March 2008, 01:37   #440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanx Gunbir and LBM,i will do it tomorrow.I also thought so and did try to open it but could open he outer cover only.
Do i have to tighten it by tighteing the screws or something else?Sorry for asking silly question but i couldn't figure it out.Will give it try once more.
The screw that hold the fuse.
Old 10th April 2008, 19:17   #441
BHPian

Thanx again Gunbir and LBM.........2 days back i did exactly what you guys told me to do and my wife and me are lot happier now.

May your friendship grows even faster than no.of LBM's post on t-BHP.

BTW the latest addition to my ICE is alpine Ai-net KCA121 and monster cable to connect my portable cassette player to play cassettes.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 10th April 2008 at 19:23.
Old 11th April 2008, 09:15   #442
BHPian

Quote:
BTW the latest addition to my ICE is alpine Ai-net KCA121 and monster cable to connect my portable cassette player to play cassettes.
Nice to see soemone going back to analog ...
Old 11th April 2008, 18:13   #443
BHPian

Actually its for my wife.
She wants to use few cassettes i have.

If it was for me i would have done it long time back.
Old 11th April 2008, 18:21   #444
Senior - BHPian

I have stopped using cassettes since I got my disc man in the year 1994. After that it was all digital for me. Some times Vinyl also. Have few record still lying here and there.

I have still two spool decks with me but I have never used them.
Old 6th January 2009, 14:53   #445
BHPian

Quote:
To be more specific...only the sound would not come from all speakers.CD player was playing cd ok..as if volume is turned to zero.I checked all the wiring and found that ground wire had got disconnected from amplifier.But still there was no sound after reconnecting the ground wire to amp.
Hi Guys,happy new year and its nice to be back among you even if its for short time.

Again same problem has appeared of my ICE and giving problem.Actually its there for the last few months but i was too lazy to ask you guys.

Once again when i would put the cd in HU there was no sound from speakers as if system is on mute/zero volume.Everything on HU seemed fine.But this time shaking or tightening the fuse did not help.

And since last week it has got one more problem.I can hear a continuous low volume sound from front right door speaker along with whistle-like low volume sound when car is one.I also suspect that while switching in headlights/emergency light on i can hear the sound from same speaker though i am not sure.
Expert would probably remember that this is same speaker whose tweeter got damaged while closing the door and few days back one out of two wire that go to tweeter has come off.
BTW amplifier's indicator (green light) also is not on.

Could it be due to some connection has gone loose and touching some some wire?

Last edited by rsjaurr : 6th January 2009 at 14:55.
Old 6th January 2009, 15:09   #446
Senior - BHPian

The whistling looks like a grounding issue.
Not sure about the rest though.
Other gurus will be able to assist you better.
Old 6th January 2009, 15:36   #447
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once again when i would put the cd in HU there was no sound from speakers as if system is on mute/zero volume.Everything on HU seemed fine.But this time shaking or tightening the fuse did not help.
I have been facing exactly the same issue on my HU as well. I can change tracks , switch on the radio etc but no sound. got to get this checked.
Old 6th January 2009, 19:50   #448
Senior - BHPian

RSJ your speaker wire from the amp is touching the chassis...try rectifying them or else you will fry your amp.
Old 28th September 2011, 10:55   #449
BHPian

Re: want to buy a good car audio system

Hi Guys,I hope everyone is doing great here!
Now its time to change after 6 very good years with Getz.May not have sold it but rising petrol prices have started making an impact.So as you know ICE once again will be integral part of my new car which may be Punto (most likely) followed by i20 or Liva. i20 was 1st choice but I can't fit my HU in the dashboard of this car and if I remove stock HU,then its whole beauty is gone.

So I need some help regarding setting the current ICE (HU,component for front,coaxial for rear,6-ch amplifier,Subw in sealed box) in new car.

I like to install the extra subw I have with me.The current subw is getting powered by bridged 5th/6th ch of amplifier.Apart from extra amp, what all I need to install it.
Also i would like to know if is it possible to install my setup in any of these car without removing stock HU and what all features these stock HU have e.g.3pair of RCA pre-outs,X-over settings TA etc?
Old 5th October 2011, 01:52   #450
BHPian

Re: want to buy a good car audio system

Quote:
Also i would like to know if is it possible to install my setup in any of these car without removing stock HU and what all features these stock HU have e.g.3pair of RCA pre-outs,X-over settings TA etc?
None of these features are present in the stock HU of i20 and Punto. But still I guess Punto owners can confirm.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks