Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2006, 15:34   #391
BHPian

Hi guys
finally i met two giants of this form,gunbir & JB on Monday in Phagwara.Got to spend couple of hrs with them and discussed many things but mainly my system.

JB tuned my system and set the gains.
I did sounded far better when i listened to it on the way to back home.
Got the chance to sit in Gunbir's car and listen to his system.Immediatley i could feel that bass is more and uniform.Really couldn't feel if it was coming from behind.Initially i couldn't make much difference in SQ [though SPL was definatley more] but when i sit in my car then i cud feel the difference between both system.

But then his system is much more pricy than my.His HU alone cost $1400.
but they did like my system and complimented it by saying that it cud be best they have heard in this area.they rated it better than alpine R-type based system.

About the noise in HU,they blamed it on the zero circiut getting activated when volume is down to zero.

In the end I really thank both Gunbir and JB for spending their invaluble time with me.
Old 2nd March 2006, 15:48   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
zero bit would affect both right channels but doc said he only heard it in the right front correct? still finding the defective component would require the schematic / service manual.
yeah...only right front chanel but left front channel when i exchange RCA lead.
Acc to Gunbir and JB, zero bit circiut is faulty but when i change the songs [while one song is already playing] i do hear it.that time volume is not zero.

But when i change the songs by pressing remote/HU continously [say from 1st to 8th without playing in between songs] then i dont hear the noise even though volume is zero this time as i am not playing any song,just pressing 'next'.

For me this defy zero-bit circuit getting activated.

i forgot to tell this to JB & Gunbir.

About my damaged tweeter,they said i have to replace it.Cant fix it as its damaged beyond repair.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 2nd March 2006 at 15:50.
Old 2nd March 2006, 15:49   #393
Team-BHP Support

Doc, I dont think there is much you can do to the zero-bit ckt without a service manual and schematic.
Old 2nd March 2006, 15:56   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Doc, I dont think there is much you can do to the zero-bit ckt without a service manual and schematic.
that i dont have but the good thing gun & JB told me that it will just irritate me and wont harm my HU any more.

But if alpine opens any service centre in Pb,i can think of repair.
Old 3rd March 2006, 00:53   #395
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Hi guys
finally i met two giants of this form,gunbir & JB on Monday in Phagwara.Got to spend couple of hrs with them and discussed many things but mainly my system.

JB tuned my system and set the gains.
I did sounded far better when i listened to it on the way to back home.
Got the chance to sit in Gunbir's car and listen to his system.Immediatley i could feel that bass is more and uniform.Really couldn't feel if it was coming from behind.Initially i couldn't make much difference in SQ [though SPL was definatley more] but when i sit in my car then i cud feel the difference between both system.

But then his system is much more pricy than my.His HU alone cost $1400.
but they did like my system and complimented it by saying that it cud be best they have heard in this area.they rated it better than alpine R-type based system.

About the noise in HU,they blamed it on the zero circiut getting activated when volume is down to zero.

In the end I really thank both Gunbir and JB for spending their invaluble time with me.
RSJ you're welcome. We also tried to contact other TBHPians in that region but they couldnt meet up for various reasons. Maybe next time around...

As with all high-end products, law of diminishing returns applies to Car Audio as well, and the differences between a $300 HU and a high end unit may not be apparent immediately, but to a trained ear will mean a world of difference.

As an SQ system, I think you have one of the best sounding setups in Punjab. Well done! As you know, you could do with some more bass... so you have a reason to stay on TBHP ICE... now that your system is up, dont disappear on us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
But when i change the songs by pressing remote/HU continously [say from 1st to 8th without playing in between songs] then i dont hear the noise even though volume is zero this time as i am not playing any song,just pressing 'next'.

For me this defy zero-bit circuit getting activated.
I guarantee you its the zero-bit mute. when you continously press next, it doesnt let the ZBM activate (for whatever reason). As such whenever your ZBM activates, the pop will occur. I suggest you email Alpine support and talk to other owners of 9833. You may find some simple workarounds.
Old 3rd March 2006, 10:07   #396
Team-BHP Support

Doc, I thought you got a 9853 or 9855 not a 9833.
Old 3rd March 2006, 10:17   #397
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Doc, I thought you got a 9853 or 9855 not a 9833.
Navinji, it is a 9853... I made a typo
Old 3rd March 2006, 18:12   #398
BHPian

Quote:
I suggest you email Alpine support and talk to other owners of 9833. You may find some simple workarounds.

i will email alpine support.thanx.........and gunbir i am not going to disappear from here though i will be more of passive rather than active member now.

Abt damaged tweeter,let me see what can i do though i really cant make the difference in sound as u must be knowing by now that i got bad ears.

And i will also do surface install like u have done on RVM i i could.

For navin...its 9853
Old 4th March 2006, 08:47   #399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
RSJ you're welcome. We also tried to contact other TBHPians in that region but they couldnt meet up for various reasons. Maybe next time around...
Lots of thanks for contacting.
But I couldn't meet and you guys know why....
Old 4th March 2006, 12:09   #400
BHPian

What Are Monster Cables

Hi,

I would like to know from all the audio Guru's in here.

WHAT ARE MONSTER CABLES?
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF USING THEM INSTEAD OF ORDINARY CABLES?
ALSO HOW MUCH DO THEY COST IN MUMBAI?
WHERE TO GET THEM?
IS THERE ANY OTHER CABLE LIKE MONSTER CABLE?

Please answer my quesries asap

Thanx
Happy Revving...
Old 5th March 2006, 10:48   #401
BHPian

Hey Guyz

I m still w8ing for someone to answer my query abt Monster Cables

Thanx. Happy Revving...
Old 5th March 2006, 15:26   #402
Senior - BHPian

Im nowhere close to an audio guru... but I could throw some light on your query while you wait for the big boys to make thier comments.

The difference from these brands to the regular bulk speaker wire is in the way they are constructed, the materials (pure copper etc) and most importanly terminals/connectors. Having good wires is pointless if your terminals arent done properly. Monster Cable is a brand.. Other reputed brands are Tsunami & audison. I have heard a lot about Audisons Sonus Interconnect series which has many good things said about it.

Advantages of using such wiring :
*Easier & Cleaner installs (flexibility of wires)
*Sound quality (people will debate this)

http://www.pearcable.com/sub_products.htm
http://www.monstercable.com/
http://www.connectionaudison.com/pro...its/fpk600.htm
Old 5th March 2006, 15:51   #403
Senior - BHPian

Ther! Audison...http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/market...son#post125891
Old 5th March 2006, 16:08   #404
Team-BHP Support

good cables reduce external noise, offer better signal to noise ratio, offer better damping and a cleaner connection.

monster is one brand of good cable. there are many better and ofcourse many worse. of late moster has been addressing the price consious market with cables like the interlink jr.
Old 5th March 2006, 20:07   #405
BHPian

I have been using Audison cables in my system and these r worth every penny.4 gauge power cable can be easily bent.Looks r excellents.

And guys that sound seems to have disappeared.
I cant hear it any more x2 days.I hope it doesn't reapper.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks