Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2006, 15:47   #361
BHPian

Thanx navin...i am bit relax now

Quote:
look fixable. Take a peice of scotch tape, stick it lightly to the tweeter cone and pull out gently. If you cant do it, we'll do it when I get there.
ok...we will do it there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven
hi,,,, but WHY DO YOU WANT TO BUY FROM US. if you have everything avalable in india.... and at better or same price...
no driven....u cant buy infinty kappa 60.7 & 62.7 for around $270 and JL E6450 amp for abt $300.this amp cost around 28000 here and kappa range is not even available in India.As pointed by mohit i think i am very lucky to find everyting very cheap as compared to official stores and websites like crutchfield.In India i would have had to pay more than 0.1million indian rupees for same stuff.

And if u have somebody coming from US why not use his services.

Last yr i got ATI radeon 9600pro for $100[4500 rs].here ts price was 8500 that time.I also got kingston value 512MB DDRRAM400MHz for $80.Here its price was 5500. Now thats a quite big difference to be ignored.

But it does have risk invloved in case if something goes wrong.BUT EVEN IN THAT CASE I DO HAVE 3-4 RELATIVES COMING/GOING TO USA.
Old 9th February 2006, 20:04   #362
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogi1771
hi members where in mumbai professional fitment of music system be done
where in mumbai are you.
Old 9th February 2006, 20:24   #363
BHPian

Navin

Damaged tweeter dome....will definitely effect the sound quality as the dispersion characterstics of the tweeter is dependent on the profile of the dome.

Moreover it is easier to get the shape of damaged soft dome tweeter than a metal dome tweeter. I hope RSJs tweeters are soft dome
Old 10th February 2006, 08:59   #364
Team-BHP Support

From the looks of them I think they are.

In a home audio setup it will be a noticeable difference but in a car with stuff bouncing off glass panels and road noise etc.. I am not sure how much of the difference is audible unless one is standing still in a quiet garage.
Old 10th February 2006, 12:24   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Navin

Damaged tweeter dome....will definitely effect the sound quality as the dispersion characterstics of the tweeter is dependent on the profile of the dome.

Moreover it is easier to get the shape of damaged soft dome tweeter than a metal dome tweeter. I hope RSJs tweeters are soft dome
@Navin/JB/Sam/Gunbir.. Is there any perceptible difference b/w a soft dome and a metal cap dome tweeter..i often come across silk dome, titanium dome and other metal dome tweeter!. Is there any perceptible difference in the way they sound in a car enclosure or in a room enclosure.

While the woofers are dependent on the cone size/cone material/magnet size/ rubber or foam surrounds/voice coils, what are the essential/determining physical characteristics of a good tweeter.
Old 10th February 2006, 13:33   #366
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
@Navin/JB/Sam/Gunbir.. Is there any perceptible difference b/w a soft dome and a metal cap dome tweeter..i often come across silk dome, titanium dome and other metal dome tweeter!. Is there any perceptible difference in the way they sound in a car enclosure or in a room enclosure.

While the woofers are dependent on the cone size/cone material/magnet size/ rubber or foam surrounds/voice coils, what are the essential/determining physical characteristics of a good tweeter.
From a manufacturer point of view, tweeters are very difficult to get right. All the factors you mentioned have influence over the sound of a tweeter.

Size: small tweeters are edgier and large tweeters. Large tweeters tend to sound more effortless.

Material: Soft Dome (fabric based) vs Metal Dome (Titanium, Alumiunium). Soft domes tend to sound softer, laid back while metal tweets have a sharper sound.

Magnet size: Magnet size and material too have a major role in the tweeters sound. Like ferrite is common, Neodymium is available, Alnico is exotic etc.

Frequency Response: Tweeters that have a wide range are easier to integrate in the car than narrow band ones.

While the above may be true, there are no absolutes. I may like soft domes, you may like metal domes. It is a matter of personal preference and many other factors like installation influence the sound. Try and hear all of the ones you mentioned. You will get a clearer picture of what you like.
Old 10th February 2006, 15:19   #367
Team-BHP Support

There are good and bad examples for both types. Transducer design is a vry big topic. If JB, Sam etc... start down that road the language used here will become unreadable to many. I would suggest you read these links instead.

http://www.audioxpress.com/magsdirx/voxcoil/
http://www.berylliumproducts.com/Acoustics.aspx
http://www.reference.com/browse/wiki/Loudspeaker
Old 10th February 2006, 18:24   #368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
where in mumbai are you.
i stay in dadar no probs going anywhere if a good job is done
Old 11th February 2006, 09:27   #369
Team-BHP Support

I take my car to Bharat audio at Worli. Some say he is expensive but I get good service and his shop is next to my office so work can be done while I am working.

Lots of people do good work. If you know what to ask for they respect you more and do better work.
Old 12th February 2006, 18:55   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I take my car to Bharat audio at Worli. Some say he is expensive but I get good service and his shop is next to my office so work can be done while I am working.

Lots of people do good work. If you know what to ask for they respect you more and do better work.
hi navin what would be a good upgrade for the fiesta 1.6sxi say budget two options 1) 13k-15k 2)20-30K thanks
Old 12th February 2006, 23:13   #371
Team-BHP Support

for 14K this is what a friend did to his santro on thursday.

1. Blau HU - 9K
2. JBL CS series front - 3K
3. JBL CS series rear - 4K
-------------------------
16K less discount - 14K incl installation at Bhavi Motors in Santa Cruz.

at 30K (14+16K)
for 3K you can upgrade the front speakers to components and for 2K upgrade the rear to GTO series or leave the front and rear speakers alone and add a JBL 1200T sub for 6.5K
then add a 4 ch amp for 9K

total 14K + 5-6.5K + 9K = 28-29.5K

JBL is just an example. Blaupunkt sells the GTX series that is slightly cheaper than the JBL CS series and a ODx series that is a bit more expensive than the JBL GTO series. I suggest atleast listening to these 2 if not some other speakers as well.

Last edited by navin : 12th February 2006 at 23:15.
Old 13th February 2006, 13:56   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
Doc got his stuff from ebay. I'd doubt you can match that pricing here in India
hi, mohit,, next time you want to buy anything from us,, just mail me,, maybe i'll give you better prices from us,, here in india itself..
regards,,
driven
Old 13th February 2006, 14:01   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven
hi, mohit,, next time you want to buy anything from us,, just mail me,, maybe i'll give you better prices from us,, here in india itself..
regards,,
driven
Wow! Wish In was in Delhi!
Old 16th February 2006, 21:24   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile
Navin

no JB...

These r metal dome.Crutchfield says '[FONT=Arial]1" edge-driven MMD (Metal Matrix Diaphragm)' abt these tweeter.Feel is like thin aluminium/silver sheet like the one on sweets.
And JB/navin,i have made settings as told by u and that did make significant difference.I have started liking it more and more.Everyday someone wants me to play it for him.yesterday my neighbour was playing his system [JVC HU with sony spk] and one kid looked at me and said everything in his smile.Audio cd do provide best SQ as compared to mp3.

But as i was thiking that my system is probelm free,i beleive it has got a problem.I have not driven my car X 10 days and i play my system with engine on.Yesterday i was playing it for that kid and midway i heard a sound [thak] from right front spk when i pressed any button on remote and also on HU though sound was more when i pressed on remote.I think its same sound when i am listening to FM/AM on my sony walkman and i press TV remote button though quite louder.I dint check it again today.will check it again tommorow and post u guys details

BTW Gunbir,do write me where can i meet u in LDH?

Last edited by rsjaurr : 16th February 2006 at 21:27.
Old 19th February 2006, 00:57   #375
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr

These r metal dome.Crutchfield says '[FONT=Arial]1" edge-driven MMD (Metal Matrix Diaphragm)' abt these tweeter.Feel is like thin aluminium/silver sheet like the one on sweets.

But as i was thiking that my system is probelm free,i beleive it has got a problem.I have not driven my car X 10 days and i play my system with engine on.Yesterday i was playing it for that kid and midway i heard a sound [thak] from right front spk when i pressed any button on remote and also on HU though sound was more when i pressed on remote.I think its same sound when i am listening to FM/AM on my sony walkman and i press TV remote button though quite louder.I dint check it again today.will check it again tommorow and post u guys details
did the sound only come from 1 speaker? relay switching noise? is it very loud? is it louder when the volume is turned up?

Last edited by navin : 19th February 2006 at 00:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks