Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2006, 10:59   #346
Team-BHP Support

yes 12db/oct @ 80Hz is an excellent place to start for LPF and HPF. If the bass is over powering decrease the LPF to say 70 or 60Hz if it is lacking increase it to 90 or 100Hz.

make adjustments slowly. dont use steep filters as they come with their attendant problems (phase, ringing, etc..). Unless ofcourse there is little option.

Set bass level and phase. then set EQ then set time alignment. I find it useful to have a pad and pen in the car when I am doing this.
Old 6th February 2006, 12:46   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
My sony walkman and diskman probably give me somewhat better sound with original sony headphone!!!!!!!!
Good Lord!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driven
hi,,
congrats, on your new car audio install, but i would still suggest if you can drop infinity speakers and go for some good company
Good Lord!
Old 6th February 2006, 15:12   #348
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
drop infinity speakers and go for some good company like alpine or hertz or mbquart,, they sound hell lot better,,
i have used all these brands in the past 5 years and I am not too pleased with the performance of Infinity. Your HU, Amp is fine.
THe MB Quart of old is not around. Hertz is mostly sold at a higher price point that Infinity and hardly available in the US (where doc got his stuff from).
Old 6th February 2006, 16:09   #349
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
THe MB Quart of old is not around. Hertz is mostly sold at a higher price point that Infinity and hardly available in the US (where doc got his stuff from).
True Dat... the current MBQ sucks. In the last few years, it has changed more hands than a 5 rupee coin... Rockford Fosgate has also washed their hands off and Maxxsonics has bought it. Maxxsonics is a low end brand and I expect they will do a DEI (ref what Directed Electronics did to ADS etc) on MBQ.
Old 6th February 2006, 16:52   #350
Team-BHP Support

Gun, from what I have seen (not heard) of the current MBQ line I do not expect good things (atleast not as good as their legacy). Even the Cantons I saw did not live up to their "German" branding.

Damn they dont make anything like they used to not even audio engineers! :-) just kidding. the last dig was just a joke (even if Saul, Avery and co aren't around).
Old 7th February 2006, 13:36   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
. BTW I will be in Ludhiana during 25-27th Feb for a cousin's wedding. If you want, drive over and we will fix 'er up.
Can I get to meet you also...??
Oh plz....
Old 7th February 2006, 17:03   #352
BHPian

Thanx for ur response guys........

yeah i agree with u all that i need to fine tune it b4 i can really enjoy it.I will change xover settings as suggested by JB and navin right now.
And gunbir i will meet u there in ur cousin's wedding.Do write me address of venue.

I have not set any other setting except media expander as i like it on.I beleive time alignment will make some significant difference.As i could not arrange digital voltmeter [or multimeter] earlier,i will do it in next few days as i want to rest for 3-4 days after such a hectic fortnight.Gain settings r abt 40-50% right now.All Xover [on amp] r off.

But i think i have done something to my system.As wriiten earlier i dint install both tweeters making hole in dashboard.I thought of doing it later after listening it on different locations.So i my installer just used double tape and fixed it one dashboard.But my right tweeter came off[due to polish and poor quality tape] and came bw door and dashboard & got pressed.My installer told me that its not damaged but i am very concerned as i may not get one tweeter.But i can hear normal sound from it though.
!st pic shows dent on frill of tweeter and 2nd pic with grill removed,shows its paper cone [i guess] pressed.

[img=http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/2747/02040611540504ps.jpg]
[img=http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/8636/02040611553702dn.jpg]
Old 7th February 2006, 17:06   #353
Team-BHP Support

I did not see any pics.
Old 7th February 2006, 17:36   #354
BHPian

try it now

Old 7th February 2006, 17:57   #355
BHPian

Actually i am having a problem with net.
ok..here it goes

that white shiny thing below i beleive is its cone which is dented.

Old 7th February 2006, 19:04   #356
Team-BHP Support

ok. a) dont worry it realyl does not affect the sound soo much b) if you want to fix it try very carefully pressing the sides of the dent till the dent pops out. Ihave done this before but it is something you gotta have a feel for. maybe JB can help since he is closer.
Old 7th February 2006, 21:25   #357
Senior - BHPian

look fixable. Take a peice of scotch tape, stick it lightly to the tweeter cone and pull out gently. If you cant do it, we'll do it when I get there.

Cheers
Old 9th February 2006, 13:29   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
hi,,,, but WHY DO YOU WANT TO BUY FROM US. if you have everything avalable in india.... and at better or same price...
Old 9th February 2006, 14:03   #359
BHPian

Quote:
hi,,,, but WHY DO YOU WANT TO BUY FROM US. if you have everything avalable in india.... and at better or same price...
Doc got his stuff from ebay. I'd doubt you can match that pricing here in India
Old 9th February 2006, 14:51   #360
BHPian

hi members where in mumbai professional fitment of music system be done

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks