Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th January 2006, 15:43   #331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
the pics are not clear but check the crossover. you will see terminals marked for the amp, tweeter and woofer. in fact you will see a spare terminal marked for the tweeter that is used to reduce the level of the tweeter.

If you can take a pic of the speaker and post it and we can work from that.
no no.....navin i know which wire to connect what.But i am asking abt type of connection i should make to connect bare wire with another bare wire.Like i have to connect bare wire from xover [red&black] with spk wire from amplifier.Should i tell my installer to solder it?

Sorry for pics....taken with mobile cam.

for gunbir/JB & others.....
As can been seen from pics below,i cant put subw box and amplifier together in line.JB told me to fix amp vertically rather than horizontally.
Any more advice....

And gunbir U had writtem me before that i can use bare speaker wire to amp and speakers.If my installer tries to use some sonnectors,should i refuse it as he may not have good quality connectors?

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20383.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20384.jpg

Last edited by rsjaurr : 25th January 2006 at 15:51.
Old 25th January 2006, 19:00   #332
BHPian

[SIZE=2]And i have also got two plastic and two iron rings[spacer] with each spk set.Do i need to use them and if yes,how???[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]Thanx in advance.......[/SIZE]
Old 26th January 2006, 01:49   #333
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
no .Like i have to connect bare wire from xover [red&black] with spk wire from amplifier.Should i tell my installer to solder it?
I use spade plugs. Solder is not all it could be unless you are using silver solder with greater than 2% silver.

so use connectors when able.

connections go this way...

amp to crossover, crossover to woofer, and crossover to tweeter.
Old 27th January 2006, 14:36   #334
BHPian

Quote:
I use spade plugs. Solder is not all it could be unless you are using silver solder with greater than 2% silver.

so use connectors when able.

connections go this way...

amp to crossover, crossover to woofer, and crossover to tweeter.
navin i think i have not been able to convey my query in a right way.As u can see in pics [though not clear],front Xover has no wire attchaded to it and few push-on connector r supplied with it.
So i will connect wire from xover to spk with these connectors.But rear xover has wire attached to it,one side to spk and other for wire from amplifier.I am asking for this later connection between red/black wire and spk wire from amp.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20516.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20517.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20518.jpg

For Gunbir/Jb---few days i had asked u abt tweeter installation on near RVM and u have asked abt size of infinty tweeter.here is pic of tweeter on RVM,can u plz tell me if its good position.Anyway i will be doing surface install 1st and then do flash mount after listening it for few days.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20519.jpg
Old 28th January 2006, 00:26   #335
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Use spade lugs for the amp side. Not the type you have in the 1st photo but if you see in the 2nd photo i can see a small bit of a black spade lug over on the extreme right next to the silver speaker side lugs.
Old 28th January 2006, 00:27   #336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
navin i think i have not been able to convey my query in a right way.As u can see in pics [though not clear],front Xover has no wire attchaded to it and few push-on connector r supplied with it.
So i will connect wire from xover to spk with these connectors.But rear xover has wire attached to it,one side to spk and other for wire from amplifier.I am asking for this later connection between red/black wire and spk wire from amp.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20555.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20556.jpg
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20557.jpg

For Gunbir/Jb---few days i had asked u abt tweeter installation on near RVM and u have asked abt size of infinty tweeter.here is pic of tweeter on RVM,can u plz tell me if its good position.Anyway i will be doing surface install 1st and then do flash mount after listening it for few days.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20558.jpg
Yes RSJ, you need the connectors shown in your first pic. Obviously, you could tape it... but I hate that tape. Go with the connectors.

Yes, that tweeter location works well in the Getz.
Old 28th January 2006, 00:28   #337
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20559.jpg
I am not sure if you enough depth to do a flush mount there.
Old 28th January 2006, 21:03   #338
BHPian

Gunbir......infinty speakers do have these connectors.So i dont have to use tape.but i do have to make joint between spk wire and Xover wire.

Navin......lets see how it goes!!!!! Gunbir/Jb wud know it better than me.Anyway i am in touch with JB,so can always ask him.

And guys finally i will be installing it tomorrow as i received the audison wires today afternoon.looks really good.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20592.jpg

I tried to install it today but my installer was very busy.He will be doing it at my home and will show him gunbir's thread.
I have fixed terminal plug on left side of subw box as amplifier will be installed on back of left smaller rear seat.[JB advised me]
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20593.jpg

My amp will not accept 4g spade terminals for power/ground as it will accept only bare wire,acc.to manual.i wanted to use spade plugs rather than bare wire.

So wish me good luck and keep pouring in any tip/advice.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 28th January 2006 at 21:07.
Old 28th January 2006, 21:23   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Use spade lugs for the amp side. Not the type you have in the 1st photo but if you see in the 2nd photo i can see a small bit of a black spade lug over on the extreme right next to the silver speaker side lugs.
navin....thats not spade plug.In the pic i am trying to insert spade plug into amp's +12v socket[hole] but it wont go.so i have to use bare wire which i hate to do.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/iipcache/20594.jpg
Old 29th January 2006, 00:06   #340
Team-BHP Support

on the power side spade lugs rarely fit and might not be the best idea. bare wire will do fine if properly screwed down.
Old 5th February 2006, 14:55   #341
BHPian

Hi Guys........
finally i got the system installed in my car last sunday and monday.I am posting very late as i was very busy last 2 weeks.i dint go to jallansdar/Ludhiana for installation but i called the local guy home and did the 70% install on sunday till 12pm.front spk were done next day.
Well...first of all let me thank few goodmen here without whom it wouldn't have been possible...[my dream car audio system].My first thank goes to Navin.he never tired of answering my posts.Infact he suggested me infinty spk and alpine HU.
next i thank gunbir whose thread was very helpful to me and also he gave me very useful information regarding install in getz whenever i needed it.
i am also very thankful to sam [not for suggesting me 'maternity to infinty'] but for his overall help.
but speciall thank goes to Jasdeep,who was always 'with' me last sunday when i was installing my system.He sent me wires without even waiting for my cheque to reach him.I got my installer talk to JB on phone just to clear some of my doubts though my installer dint do every thing as suggested by JB.But still i prevented him from cutting/chopping wiring and encouraged him to use connector which i will explain in my pics.
As i couldn't arrange that special sleeve to install HU in getz,i decided to go ahead with usual install after consulting JB though it did involve some cutting/chopping of some plastic of centre console.Anyway i will be getting that sleeve soon and will use it.HU do seems to be bit popped out as said by gunbir in usual install.this is very easy for anyone to steal it.
I also thank mclaren,JK,mohit,aseem for chipping in with very useful information for me.
now comes to SQ which was my main requirement.Had i posted this very 1st day,i wouldn't have said anything good for system but as days have passed i have started to like it especially in mid to high volume.It looks flat in low volume.front spk,rear spk and subw r Xovered at 100,80 and 50Hz at 24db curve from HU.fader/balance r set to default.Yet to set time correction,parametric and EQ settings though.I like flat EQ on my computer media player so may not use EQ much though may use factory pre set EQ.
I dont think i am getting SQ which i expected from combination of infinty kappa spk,infinty subw in sealed box,alpine HU,JL amplifier and dynamat.its abt 80% what i had expected from this system thast too in mid to high volumes and with english songs and not in low volumes with punjabi pop and hindi songs though notes r still very clear.
My sony walkman and diskman probably give me somewhat better sound with original sony headphone!!!!!!!!

But still i love my system and lets hope it keeps on.

so bye for now and will post pics[not good quality though] later.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]
[/SIZE][/FONT]
Old 5th February 2006, 19:02   #342
BHPian

hi,,
congrats, on your new car audio install, but i would still suggest if you can drop infinity speakers and go for some good company like alpine or hertz or mbquart,, they sound hell lot better,,
i have used all these brands in the past 5 years and I am not too pleased with the performance of Infinity. Your HU, Amp is fine.
Old 6th February 2006, 00:22   #343
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My sony walkman and diskman probably give me somewhat better sound with original sony headphone!!!!!!!
RSJ... great to hear your system's up and running. Hmm... Re your remark above, I will repeat what I have always said... the equipment is only 50%, installation is another 25% and the other 25% is professional tuning. We spend days tuning our cars.

I suggest you read up more on tuning and for now I suggest staying away from the EQ and TA. Get the basic sound right first. BTW I will be in Ludhiana during 25-27th Feb for a cousin's wedding. If you want, drive over and we will fix 'er up.
Old 6th February 2006, 10:20   #344
Team-BHP Support

Congrats. Doc. Let the system break in and fine tune it slowly.

I agree wtih Gun. TUning can take time. I do it over time. Next remember any headphone will tend to have an advantage over a home or car system. a headphone has to operate in a defined space (your ear). a home or car sysmte has to operate in a ill-defnied space full of reverbration and extrenal noises.
Old 6th February 2006, 10:52   #345
BHPian

RSJ,

The main points have been mentioned by gunbir.

What I suggest is that you set the crossovers as mentioned below :

Front : HPF 80Hz @ 12dB/oct
Rear : HPF 80 / 100 Hz @ 12dB/oct
Sub : LPF 80 Hz @ 12db / 24dB/oct

Don't use steep slopes in speakers with TA..you will experience the bass lacking in the car with steeper slopes. Keep the speakers @ 12dB/oct.

Run the sub first with 12dB Slope and if you find the bass overpowering the front stage use 24dB slope. After seting the slope try flipping the phase of the subwoofer and see where is integrates the best.

Please use acoutic and well recorded music which you are familiar to while carrying out these settings.

Keep all the equalisers, bass focus, media expander, loudness, time alignment etc off.

Also make sure the crossovers, bass boost on the amplifier are off. Switch the 5-6 ch input mode to discreet. Keep the gain pots of all channels inbetween 1/2 and 3/4.

Hope this will help.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks