Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2005, 22:10   #301
Team-BHP Support

in many cases there are work arounds these issues. true you dont want a work around when you are paying good money but I think the SQ makes it worth it. I have heard the 8650 and did not like it one bit. I even found the P1Y in the eyeballer too forward. then again the eyeballer was built to get attention not hide.
Old 5th January 2006, 18:09   #302
BHPian

Cheers!!! I dont have to work around any issye navin,its manufacturing date is august05.
Old 7th January 2006, 11:06   #303
BHPian

@doc: hmm..congrats pal..

just got my cda-9853 thru a frnd and the manufacturing month says 2005.AP.JULY is it July or April If it is April then i have picked up a bad egg!

I got it for 325USD and hope i will be saving a couple of Ks atleast..whats the price in India anyway..
Old 7th January 2006, 16:48   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
@doc: hmm..congrats pal..

just got my cda-9853 thru a frnd and the manufacturing month says 2005.AP.JULY is it July or April If it is April then i have picked up a bad egg!

I got it for 325USD and hope i will be saving a couple of Ks atleast..whats the price in India anyway..
I dont think u need to be worried too much.
I had mentioned april just to be extra careful.I think units manufactured after feb r ok.[acc. to some US audio forums].Just go through 2 links which i had mentioned few days back in my previous post.I also got it from USA though lot cheaper.Your friend must have got it from store.
Old 7th January 2006, 17:18   #305
BHPian

I want to make a cd with sine-wave test tone recorded at 0 db reference level to set input sensitvity level settings of my Jl audio amplifier.Procedure is well explained in its manual.

Can u guys help me how can i make this using cd writer,in simple steps?
Old 9th January 2006, 10:38   #306
Team-BHP Support

do you have a good signal generator?
Old 9th January 2006, 16:59   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
do you have a good signal generator?
no....

That means i cant make it,is it? Then i have to use other method.....turning the gain to minimum and slowly increasing the volume from HU till 3/4 of total.Then increasing gain to a level where it starts distorting and i have to reduce it a bit. I know it!!!

Can u guys help me with initial settings of alpine 9853?
Old 9th January 2006, 20:25   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
no....

That means i cant make it,is it? Then i have to use other method.....turning the gain to minimum and slowly increasing the volume from HU till 3/4 of total.Then increasing gain to a level where it starts distorting and i have to reduce it a bit. I know it!!!

Can u guys help me with initial settings of alpine 9853?

You are on the right track.

see http://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/

or google for "test tone generators"
Old 9th January 2006, 23:00   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
You are on the right track.

see http://www.nch.com.au/tonegen/

or google for "test tone generators"
Thanx Gunbir....
i did google before,but by typing 'signal generator'.

I have downloaded NCH tone generator v2.01 and Test Tone generator v4.0 evaluation.

Now what shud be lenght of output file,
shud it be mono or stereo,
multiple or single tones,
can tones for subw and door spk be recorded on single cd?

And i beleive best time to set gain control is while installing system?

I think i know other settings.

thanx in advance.....
Old 9th January 2006, 23:12   #310
Team-BHP Support

nice link gunbir. never needed a test tone as i got a signal generator and DSO. you see i am really old school like pre internet days.
Old 10th January 2006, 10:24   #311
BHPian

Quote:
nice link gunbir. never needed a test tone as i got a signal generator and DSO. you see i am really old school like pre internet days.
yeah.....other obne which i downloaded is not that good.Its simple and easy to use.

just got to know how to 'use' it.

But just few questions to experts.....

1.Should output file be in mono or stereo?
2.while checking front spk,shud i turn off rear and subw channels?
I mean do we have set gain control independently of each channel bcoz this is what written in amp's manual--------

"Turn off all processing (bass/treble, loudness,EQ, etc.) on the source unit, processors (if used)and amplifier. Set fader control to center position and subwoofer level control to 3/4 of maximum (if used to feed the e6450"

or this is just an example for setting subw's gain control?

Guys,plz do respond......
Old 10th January 2006, 10:56   #312
Team-BHP Support

1. mono is fine but stereo (dual mono) can be used if youintend to use the balance and check each speaker
2. nah just use the fader

I set the gain controls of each channel. starting with front right (driver) then the passenger, then rear left (behind passenger) and then rear right and so on. I am a creature of habit and these habits were formed 25+ years ago. You can try another method.

But ALL processing (tone, delay, etc..) should be tuned off...

1. set levels then...
2. set EQ then...
3. set delay
Old 10th January 2006, 18:42   #313
BHPian

Navin, """Set fader control to center position""", does that mean manuls is saying to set input sensitivity for both front speaker OR [not AND] both rear together?

If i have set it,say for front right or front left [which u advised or used to do],that means i have to set fader acc to that? [obviously???]
So if i do it for both front spk OR both rear spk,then mono output is fine?[again....obviously???]

Manual also says to use 50Hz for subw setting and 1kHz for speakers.

What abt tweeters,in front??Or can I experiment with some other range?

Tageted voltage for 2ohm,stereo[non bridged] is 12.3,shud that be the target vo; for front and rear channels as my spk's impedence is 2ohm and at 4ogm bridged,its 24.6v,this shud be for subw which is 4ohm?

l
[FONT='MS Mincho'][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New] [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

Last edited by rsjaurr : 10th January 2006 at 18:54.
Old 11th January 2006, 10:23   #314
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Navin, """Set fader control to center position""", does that mean manuls is saying to set input sensitivity for both front speaker OR [not AND] both rear together?

Manual also says to use 50Hz for subw setting and 1kHz for speakers.

Tageted voltage for 2ohm,stereo[non bridged] is 12.3,shud that be the target vo; for front and rear channels as my spk's impedence is 2ohm and at 4ogm bridged,its 24.6v,this shud be for subw which is 4ohm?l
[FONT='MS Mincho'][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New] [/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
Doc, relax.

Start slow. You can set all 4 channels together but I find it easier to set one at a time. Set 1 front channel then the other so that the front soundstage is balanced. then move to the rear. The person where I give my car sets all 4 channels together but I dont they really get it right just in the ball park. Then again I am 20 yers older than most of them so my techniques are a bit older and slower.

50Hz and 1kHz are pretty normal freq to use. I would consider 50, 400, 1K, and 5 or 6K to cover the full range. In the old days MOL used to be calibrated using a 400Hz siganl but you dont have MOL today (no tapedecks).

I would not use more than 2V rms for these purposes. 2V = 1W at 4 ohms and 2W at 2 ohms. It is enough for calibration. If you feel the need try 3V which is about 2W at 4 ohms and 4.5W at 2 ohms. Now remember I am conservative. In my days with horn spekaers and 1mv source signals we considered 500-750mV plenty. Today Watts are like RAM.
Old 11th January 2006, 17:05   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Doc, relax.

Start slow. You can set all 4 channels together but I find it easier to set one at a time. Set 1 front channel then the other so that the front soundstage is balanced. then move to the rear. The person where I give my car sets all 4 channels together but I dont they really get it right just in the ball park. Then again I am 20 yers older than most of them so my techniques are a bit older and slower.

50Hz and 1kHz are pretty normal freq to use. I would consider 50, 400, 1K, and 5 or 6K to cover the full range. In the old days MOL used to be calibrated using a 400Hz siganl but you dont have MOL today (no tapedecks).

I would not use more than 2V rms for these purposes. 2V = 1W at 4 ohms and 2W at 2 ohms. It is enough for calibration. If you feel the need try 3V which is about 2W at 4 ohms and 4.5W at 2 ohms. Now remember I am conservative. In my days with horn spekaers and 1mv source signals we considered 500-750mV plenty. Today Watts are like RAM.
Thanx navin........that was very good piece of information and I will try to do the same.i have to see if my installer has some knowledge about it or not?

but i dint get the last para [bold in above quote]. All i know that my spk r 2ohm & subw is 4ohm and low impedence of spk means they will be getting more power from amp [theoratically double...in my case whooping 75W RMS].

Is it something which will be done on digital AC voltmeter?
Navin i'm also writing target AC voltage given in manual..Start with Nom.impedence--Target AC volatge[sterero]--Target AC voltage[bridged]

8ohm--13.4V--26.8V
6ohm--13.4--25.6
4ohm--13.4--24.6
3ohm--12.8--not recommended
2ohm--12.3--not recommended

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks