Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2005, 11:41   #286
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autophile

Palio does have tweeter pods (OEM stock location)but it is weird and is pointed downwards..so its of very less use.
downwards. what was Fiat thinking. my 1996 opel astra had nicer pods on the rear view meter locations.
Old 13th December 2005, 15:45   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
i dont think a palio has tweeter pods in the front.
I own getz and not palio though i always wanted to buy palio.Navinji how can u forget my car.The one we discussed few days back was also getz.
Old 13th December 2005, 17:54   #288
Team-BHP Support

sorry, i went to the 1st post on this thread to refresh my aging memory and it said palio.
Old 13th December 2005, 19:55   #289
BHPian

navin,gunbir,JB,sam ........can u guys refer me a good website which can guide me about step-wise installation of car audio system.Why i am asking is that i have read on www.bcaei.com that if we connect RCA cables before ground wire,HU/amplifier may become paperweight if the amplifier tries to ground through the RCA shield connection.

So though i wont be installing it myself but i will sit over the head of installer just to make sure that everything is done the way it should be done.

----Gunbir/JB....do i have to make MDF rings for tweeters and subw also other than speakers?
----do i have to ground crossover/HU also like amplifier?
baec1.com mentions that.

Also plz give ur feedback on my last post about tweeter location.I do have some doubts so i will post these every 2nd/3rd day to clarify my doubt.[Dont want to ruin my DREAM SYSTEM].So plz keep pouring with ur suggestions/tips as u great guys have been doing before.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 13th December 2005 at 20:08.
Old 15th December 2005, 14:18   #290
BHPian

Quote:
3.Select TUNER by sliding your finger on the
GlideTouch bar to the left or right.
Press theGlideTouch bar under TUNER
The TUNER SETUP menu is displayed
4.Select TUNER AREA by sliding your finger on the
GlideTouch bar to the left or right.
Press theGlideTouch bar under TUNER AREA5.
Press the GlideTouch bar under AREA1 (1) or AREA2 (2) in the guide display
AREA 1: Radio frequencies for North America
AREA 2: Other Radio frequencies6.

After setting, press and hold MENU for at least 2

FM TUNER SECTION
Tuning Range
Area 1 87.7-107.9 MHz
Area 2 87.5-108.0 MHz
Mono Usable Sensitivity 9.3 dBf (0.8 ìV/75 ohms)
50 dB Quieting Sensitivity 13.5 dBf (1.3 ìV/75 ohms)
Alternate Channel Selectivity 80 dB
Signal-to-Noise Ratio 80 dB
Stereo Separation 45 dB
Capture Ratio 2.0 dB
AM TUNER SECTION
Tuning Range
Area 1 530-1,710 kHz
Area 2 531-1,602 kHz
Sensitivity (IEC Standard) 22.5 ìV/27 dB
This is what i found in the manual of Alpine 9853 HU.Does It means i can tune to Indian frequencies?? Few weeks back we did discuss this issue in some other thread.

I am not sure abt other models from alpine but this one can do.Anyway FM wont be of much help as we dont have many FM channels here in small city.[Just one from Jallandhar i suppose]

And guys plzzzzz do reply to my posts.I dint get reply to my last few posts.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 15th December 2005 at 14:23.
Old 15th December 2005, 14:27   #291
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
I am not sure abt other models from alpine but this one can do.
And guys plzzzzz do reply to my posts.I dint get reply to my last few posts.
hey dont take it personanly we are just swamped and some of us are travelling.

the 9847, 51, 53 and 55 can all be set for Euro (Indian) freq. so can the 9830, 33 and 35. i have not seen the 9826 or 27 or 12 to comment.
Old 15th December 2005, 14:57   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
hey dont take it personanly we are just swamped and some of us are travelling.

the 9847, 51, 53 and 55 can all be set for Euro (Indian) freq. so can the 9830, 33 and 35. i have not seen the 9826 or 27 or 12 to comment.

Absolutely not navin......i am very much enjoying company of u great guys.This may be my 6th/7th online forum and the BEST ONE TOO.

Its just that i want to install my stuff as sonn as i get it.I have waited for it for 3 months but cant wait any more.I am so excited that yesterday i emailed my relative to post me few pics of the stuff.Though not sure if i will get these.

As i wrote earlier,dont want to ruin my system after spending so much.Just want to do it the way u will show me.I am really worried about the knowlwedge local installer have.One said that there is no 5-ch or 6-ch amplifier. I even talked to my Hyundai dealer and he said he will charge 150 for whole system.
And he dint knew the way Gunbir advised in Hyunadai Getz install thread.When i told him that he said he will do it that way.
Old 15th December 2005, 15:04   #293
BHPian

Hey Doc, why not try someone at a bigger city like maybe Chandigarh. I am sure that you can get better installers out there.
Old 15th December 2005, 15:06   #294
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I even talked to my Hyundai dealer and he said he will charge 150 for whole system.
And he dint knew the way Gunbir advised in Hyunadai Getz install thread.When i told him that he said he will do it that way.

Umm... if he charges only Rs 150 to install the whole system, I doubt he will do it the way gunbir suggested.
Old 15th December 2005, 15:23   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am really worried about the knowlwedge local installer have.One said that there is no 5-ch or 6-ch amplifier. I even talked to my Hyundai dealer and he said he will charge 150 for whole system.
Rs. 150 for an Install....

Each of those Wurth connectors you see costs Rs. 30....

Guess you'll have to be very careful about what they do to your car.
Old 15th December 2005, 15:26   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohit
Hey Doc, why not try someone at a bigger city like maybe Chandigarh. I am sure that you can get better installers out there.

Umm... if he charges only Rs 150 to install the whole system, I doubt he will do it the way gunbir suggested.
Actually i am more worried about perfect loaction for tweeters to achieve good front soundstage and other thing that he does not blow away anything by doing wrong wiring.

Good thing is that i do have enough time to think but as of now i will go to hyundai dealer and get it install from there.
I told him that he has to do it Gunbir's way and he agreed to that.[I will show him that thread].

I will prefer dealer than local guy as dealer's man will have knowledge how to remove door panels and front silver panel[Most imp for HU install in Getz acc. to Gunbir].And there wont ne any danger of loosing warranty.
i dont think installing amp+speakers+subw will be much problem and so is dynamat Xtreme.
for tweetrs install and other tips,u guys r always there.....

Quote:
Rs. 150 for an Install....
yes Gunbir.....i asked him 3-4 times to confirm.They charge 800 for installation+wiring.And 150 if i have my own wiring kit.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 15th December 2005 at 15:33.
Old 15th December 2005, 15:30   #297
BHPian

The only thing is that since these guys wouldn't even have heard of infinity leave alone installing such a system, they might end up damaging stuff. If you buy from the dealer, the damage is dealer's problem but here you have already paid for all this.
Old 30th December 2005, 15:04   #298
BHPian

For alpine lovers,here is some useful information---

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/133474.html

http://www.carsound.com/cgi-bin/UBB_...04384;go=newer

http://forum.ecoustics.com/cgi-bin/b...691#POST384691

read 6th post by Mel from below on 2nd link.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 30th December 2005 at 15:09.
Old 30th December 2005, 21:06   #299
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
RSJ... I hate to say this... but I told you so... Just pray you are one of the very few who didnt have the lemon units.

Every problem that macguyincali mentioned, the solution is Pioneer 8650MP. It has Burr Brown, big white OEL display (like Alpine Biolite), time alignment, rotary knob navigation etc etc... Due to Alpine's messed up 2005 units, at this point in time the Pioneer 8650 is pretty much unbeatable.
Old 31st December 2005, 11:53   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
RSJ... I hate to say this... but I told you so... Just pray you are one of the very few who didnt have the lemon units.

Every problem that macguyincali mentioned, the solution is Pioneer 8650MP. It has Burr Brown, big white OEL display (like Alpine Biolite), time alignment, rotary knob navigation etc etc... Due to Alpine's messed up 2005 units, at this point in time the Pioneer 8650 is pretty much unbeatable.
yeah...... i never thought it will be such a big probelm.
But i think,as written in above links,the HU manufactured before aplri-may had these problems.Lets see if i get hu which was made after this period.
All these probelms were due to software errors and not hardware.So alpine should have uploaded some software for customers to rectify this problem.

And Gunbir,i think if box has yellow/green dot on openening flap of box,then its made after april-may.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks