Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2005, 21:01   #271
Senior - BHPian

RSJ, go for the JL Audio e6450.
Old 4th December 2005, 15:32   #272
BHPian

I have selecting following amp kit+ spk wires+RCA cables for JL audio e6450 amplifier.I think i need 4G amp kit as one amp will power whole system.Amp kit has one RCA cable which is 5 mt long with other single 4-ch RCA cable which is 6 mt long.I hope 5 mt is sufficient.[amp on back seat]

DO I NEED ANY EXTRA RING/SPADE OR RCA TERMINALS APART FROM THESE......TOTAL COST<$80

1.Complete 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit
( Knukonceptz Item #KOL-AK4 )
Description: Complete 4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit with Blue / Silver Power wire. Kit Includes
  • 20 Feet 4 AWG Blue Kolossus Power Wire
  • 3 Feet 4 AWG Silver Kolossus Ground Wire
  • One FH-24 with 80A Fuse size
  • One 5 Meter Klarity Kable Blue OFC RCA Cable with Built in Turn On lead
  • 20 Feet BLUE Klear Kable OFC 12 Gauge Speaker Wire
  • 2 Gold Plated 4 AWG Ring Terminals, 2 Gold Plated 4 AWG Spade Terminals
  • 6 feet Split Loom and wire ties
  • 2.Klear Kable Blue 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
    ( Knukonceptz Item #KLE16BL )
    Description: Klear Kable Blue 16 Gauge Speaker Wire - This Oxygen Free Copper speaker kable provide superior frequency response compared to conventional speaker wire. Each conductor is composed of 112 strands of the finest copper for superb audio accuracy and flexibility. Price is per foot
    Category: Speaker Wire

• 3.Krystal Kable 4 Channel 6M Twisted Pair RCA CableDescription: Your favorite RCA Cable is now available in 4 Channel! Knu for 05 is the Krystal Kable 4 Channel 6M RCA.

The Krystal Kable is the Fort Knox of cables. This cable contains 4 different types of shield / noise rejection characteristics all in one cable! Each Pair is shielded by a Copper Foil to eliminate crosstalk and improve stereo separation. Features Include:
    • Twisted Pair, Copper Foil wrapped Audio Signal
    • Sub-Layer PVC Jacket
    • Mylar Foil Shield
    • Tinned Copper Braid Covering 98% of the surface area
    • Gold Plated Metal Ends with Diagonal Kut Konnection
    The 6 Meter (19.5ft) 4 Channel Cable is finished in a rugged translucent smoke color PVC. Also Available in 2 Channel.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 4th December 2005 at 15:40.
Old 5th December 2005, 10:42   #273
Team-BHP Support

Geez Doc relax. the kit is complete.
Old 5th December 2005, 16:29   #274
BHPian

Just wanted ur signature navin!!!!!!!!

Actually i knew that wiring is ok but i just had to be sure abt terminals etc.Thanx any way....
Old 5th December 2005, 16:54   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Hi guys........I have bought infinty kappa 60.7cs,62.7i and alpine 9853.Will be buying infinty 1040+wiring in a day or two.

But really cant decide about amplifier b/w three
1.JL Audio e6450----6 ch
2.Alpine MRV 450---5 ch
3.Infinty ref 6571a---6 ch

I feel JL will get my vote.Alpine seems to to give least output power,35Wx4 at 12.5 while JL gives 45Wx4 at and Infinty gives 56x4 at 12.5.Others features r almost same like bass boost,variable xover etc

Only thing in favour if infinty is its $50-60 less price as compared to two others[~$300] and ofcourse its INFINTY but its S/N ratio is disaapointing.

I need ur help guys............................
Hi Doc!

Can you please gimme a break up of the prices you got them for. I presume you got it from the US. A friend of mine is in the US and would be sending them in a week or 2 if i confirm the model. I can give him a quick reference for the prices.

Am thinking of the Alpine cdu-9853 and Navin if you are reading this, is the price difference worth getting it from there cos you had mentioned a very high price tag in India for Cda-9851 in one of your posts as an upgrade to cda-9847. I can get it from here (tokyo)also but goods are as costly here as in India so no point getting them.

Cda-9851 and cda-9853 whats the difference between them apart from the 50$ or so. Chked the spec but cud not find anything concrete. I am leaving out cda-9855 ( big display) and will use that money for good components( Infiniti ones) and a decent Amp+ Bass tube combi.

And the speakeers i guess i can get them in India only.

Thanks
Old 5th December 2005, 17:19   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni
Hi Doc!

Can you please gimme a break up of the prices you got them for. I presume you got it from the US. A friend of mine is in the US and would be sending them in a week or 2 if i confirm the model. I can give him a quick reference for the prices.

Am thinking of the Alpine cdu-9853 and Navin if you are reading this, is the price difference worth getting it from there cos you had mentioned a very high price tag in India for Cda-9851 in one of your posts as an upgrade to cda-9847. I can get it from here (tokyo)also but goods are as costly here as in India so no point getting them.

Cda-9851 and cda-9853 whats the difference between them apart from the 50$ or so. Chked the spec but cud not find anything concrete. I am leaving out cda-9855 ( big display) and will use that money for good components( Infiniti ones) and a decent Amp+ Bass tube combi.

And the speakeers i guess i can get them in India only.

Thanks
I had selected 2 websites namely crutchfield and onlinecarstereo for my shopping when suddenly i happened to visit ebay [not Indian but USA one].I know not many ppl here wud recommend to buy from ebay [including me ] but the stuff i had selected had to be bought from ebay as same stuff from crutchfield wud have cost me $1600-1700.As i read more and more i just went for better and better stuff.

But i did quite a bit research [on ebay seller]and bought the stuff from power sellers [with more than 10000-15000] feedbacks and who also have their online stores like www.hookedontronics.com & [COLOR=#0000ff]www.indoaudio.com[/COLOR]
AND I HAVE NOT BOUGHT ANY 2ND HAND/REFURBISHED ITEM.I ASKED ALL SELLER [FROM WHOM I BOUGHT THE STUFF] WHETHER THHAT ITEM IS USED/REFURBISHED.

Anyway here r prices.....including shipping

1.Alpine 9853 HU $248
2.Infinty kappa60.7 $160
3.Infinty kappa 62.7 $95
4.Jl audio amp $280 [will buy tomorrow]
5.Dynamat Xtreme 10435 $50
6.WIRING ~$78 FROM KNOKONCEPTZ.
Old 5th December 2005, 18:09   #277
BHPian

Tuner frequencies

Guys.........we have earlier discussed the problem faced by us when we buy HU/radio from USA where tuner frequencies r different than India & EU.Few days back i came across 'fm/tuner expander' but i cloud't find it later.today i googled it here is what i found........it may help us i think....but not very encouraging........

http://www.edl.co.nz/ConvertersHP/how-to-select.htm
Old 6th December 2005, 10:45   #278
Team-BHP Support

doc, if you are a real bargain hunter you should try sites like pricegrabber.com
Old 6th December 2005, 16:53   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
doc, if you are a real bargain hunter you should try sites like pricegrabber.com

navin sir i was waiting for ur reply.but i must say i am not real bargain hunter though i do little of it sometime.I had always thought of buying from crutchfield+onlinecarstereo and also had finalized what i wanted to buy[remember 2-3 weeks back i wrote that i will buy the stuff within 1-2days] when i googled some items and happened to visit ebay.And there i went to many ebay stores/items asked Ebay sellers many questions.I bought my items from sellers with feedback +10000-+20000.e.g. i bought HU from a seller[finestdeals] with >24000 feedbacks.Now even crutchfield cant boast of that much feedback.

i also had joined 2 other forums [ecoustics and caraudiocentral] All these guys recommedned me to buy from ebat or some other websites and not from crutchfield as its overpriced.[Obvious reason is that crutchfield provides better aftersale sevice].Some of them even recommended me some very low cost websites like soundcardomain/ikeasound etc.Their expereince was good with all these sites.I even happend to chat with one guy,American black and he told me many things.

AND MOST IMPORTANT REASON WAS THAT WHEN I SAW INFINTY KAPPA SELLING AT SAME PRICE ON EABY AS INFINTY REF ON ONLINECARSTEREO AND SONY SPEAKERS [NOT JOKING] ON CRUTCHFIELD,I THOUGHT OF GOING FOR KAPPA FROM EBAY.

And whatever i have bought,i askd for its serial no. from seller.

ANYWAY I JUST WENT FOR CHEAP SELLING SHOPS[NOT CHEAP SHOPS] RATHER THAN DOING BARGAIN.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 6th December 2005 at 17:01.
Old 7th December 2005, 10:19   #280
Team-BHP Support

Hey Doc I use pricegrabber too. But in the end I look only at resellers (retailers) who have brick and mortar pressence (like Crutchfield, B&H Photo Video, etc..) and a good long term track record.

I shop over the internet a few times a year and have goods shipped to me in India and having a reliable retailer helps.They understand shipping, packing, customs, etc.

Even at Ebay you will find reliable retailers and unreliable ones. However many of them do not have a brick and mortar presence which makes tracking them if things go wrong more diffcult.
Old 7th December 2005, 17:28   #281
BHPian

yeah.....i agree that we should buy only from good sellers [power sellers acc. to ebay].I am buying JL amp from sonicelectronix.com which is also ebay seller with >14000 feedbacks.I liked his policies too.I was actually buying this amp from other seller and asked him about serial/model no. but he gave me a toll free no. to dial and ask there,which i dint like and so i changed seller.so simple.........

Last edited by rsjaurr : 7th December 2005 at 17:35.
Old 12th December 2005, 20:10   #282
BHPian

Hi Guys

Now that everything has been bought,i have started thinking about installation.I am worried about position of tweeters as we dont have experts like Gunbir/JB.
Can u guys advice me which place is best for tweeters? We discussed it few days back.
Can i install it on RVM panel?

And gunbir do i need to make mdf rings for speakers and subw only and not for tweeters.Also should i make one or two rings per spekear acc. to this link.
http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/mdf/index.htm

If i have to get subw box made from someone,can u guys suggest me some link on how to make subw box.Size will be same as advised by cruchfield.[W 21-1/8,H 13-7/8,D 8-1/8 [bottom] 5-1/4(top)].
Old 13th December 2005, 10:10   #283
Team-BHP Support

i dont think a palio has tweeter pods in the front.
Old 13th December 2005, 10:17   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
i dont think a palio has tweeter pods in the front.
Palio does have tweeter pods (OEM stock location)but it is weird and is pointed downwards..so its of very less use.
Old 13th December 2005, 11:00   #285
Senior - BHPian

cant one do something about it ...like put more holes or sort? its plastic right?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks