Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2005, 10:57   #241
BHPian

Quote:
So I feel the best option is option 1 using a sony 504. Option 3 is your next best option only if the amp can be tested as stable in 2 ohms in channel 5 with all 5 channels driven (channels 1-4 driven at 4 ohms). Remember an amp might be stable in channel 5 if the other channels are not driven so test it with all 5 channels being driven.
Thanx navin

I again missed ur post as i was also writing to gunbir.
Option 1 seems to be best for me.I will got for that.Intially my budget was 500 but now it has swelled to $800.

And my biggest probelm is that i cant test anything.So just have to trust u guys and brand name.I can trust alpine,infinty as i had heard about them before but not of soundstream.

Now that i am exceeding my budget can i do without dynamt/wurth or i should buy it also after spending so much [for me] on such nice system??
And any advice about cables/wiring kits as i want these from USA as well bcoz i cant go to Ludhiana/chandigarh just buy this accessory stuff?
Old 10th November 2005, 11:33   #242
BHPian

Navin i again missed ur last post.

You have mentioned about price of 9855 [20k].And price of other alpine HU starts from 13 k.So i guess 9847 will cost 15-18k which is almost double than $180 [8100 rs] on onlinecarstereo.

Even if i go ahead with 9855 from USA [i really want to buy this,its a real beauty] but then i have to make a cut on something else.It costs 450 on crutchfield and 365 on onlinecarstereo.
Any suggestion?

Two days back i emailed the list of all the stuff to my relative in USA to find the prices in Elec.stores.If stuff is cheaper in stores ,which i dont think so,then i will buy from stores otherwise i will buy everyting from onlinecarstereo and crutchfield BY SUNDAY OR MONDAY.
So plz keep giving me ur invalueble suggestions as u have been doing earlier.

Thanx......
Old 10th November 2005, 12:17   #243
Team-BHP Support

it would be a shame to have all the equipment and not have good wires atleast. i would recommend getting some decent RCA cables atleast then use belden speaker wire which is available in india and use some 8SWG power wire for the amp.

one more thing. buying from stores might attract local taxes (as high as 8.25% in NY and 9% in CA). buying from the net might include shipping and might still attract local taxes depending on the state you are in.

My esitmation of the 9855 price was not sacred. it was an estimation. JKDas had prices for an actual system (24K) minus the front speakers.
Old 10th November 2005, 12:49   #244
BHPian

Quote:
it would be a shame to have all the equipment and not have good wires atleast. i would recommend getting some decent RCA cables atleast then use belden speaker wire which is available in india and use some 8SWG power wire for the amp.
No..no....I asked this about dynamat/wurth and not about wiring kit which will be of best quality like StreetWires PS10BI 10 gauge Amp Wiring Kit Blue with Patch Cable for $30 and StreetWires ZN250 Zero Noise 2 16.4-ft. Stereo Patch Cable for $22 on crutchfield.[under accessories for alpine 240 amp.]
IF THERE IS ANY OTHER BRAND AVAILABLE IN USA OR COMPARABLE IN INDIA THEN I WILL BUY THAT.

Sam has mentioed somehwere that JBL kit costs around 2500rs.What all does this contain?Do i need to buy any other wire for my system?
How about audison kit?
Old 10th November 2005, 13:42   #245
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
No..no....I asked this about dynamat/wurth and not about wiring kit which will be of best quality like StreetWires PS10BI 10 gauge Amp Wiring Kit Blue with Patch Cable for $30 and StreetWires ZN250 Zero Noise 2 16.4-ft. Stereo Patch Cable for $22 on crutchfield.[under accessories for alpine 240 amp.]
IF THERE IS ANY OTHER BRAND AVAILABLE IN USA OR COMPARABLE IN INDIA THEN I WILL BUY THAT.

Sam has mentioed somehwere that JBL kit costs around 2500rs.What all does this contain?Do i need to buy any other wire for my system?
How about audison kit?
as far as i know both the JBL kits and the audison kits are good..i have personally used the audison cables and power kit in my zen..u can even try monster,i even heard tsunami is coming out with the wiring soon..so u have plenty of options..

well u need a power kit,then rca cables..thats about it i think..
Old 10th November 2005, 14:24   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Also, on the 9851's manual, I couldnt find High Pass settings at all. Is it just an omission or do they have a standard pre-set HPF that kicks in if you enable the sub. Maybe Sam, Navinji can shed some light on this as I havent used the 9851 yet.
---FROM GUNBIR'S POST 226
As i was reading the whole thread from start[i have local holiday today] i came acroos this fact by Gunbir which i think was missed by me earlier.Bcoz i also have 2 subw so i downloaded the manuals of 9847 and kenwood 589 but couldn't find anything myself.
Alpine 9847 doesn't mention anything about this but kenwood 589 does .

How will this affect the subw output? Or as i will probably have 2 amp i dont need to worry about it.
Old 10th November 2005, 18:23   #247
Team-BHP Support

if you got 2 amps the amp will have a low pass crossover so dont sweat this.
Old 10th November 2005, 22:33   #248
BHPian

Just now my relative emailed me the prices of all the items.These r considerable higher then even crutchfield.
So i will go ahead and buy from crutchfield and onlinecarstereo.

From crutchfield--
1.Infinty 5010 for $144
2.Infinty 5012 for $80
3.Infinty 1040 2*subw for $90
4.Wiring kit -- StreetWires PS10BI 10 gauge Amp Wiring Kit Blue with Patch Cable + StreetWires ZN250 Zero Noise 2 16.4-ft. Stereo Patch Cable for $52. Link is http://www.crutchfield.com/S-7MzQZUD...500MRPF240#Tab

From onlinecarstereo--
1.Alpine 9847 HU for $179
2.Alpine MRP-F240 amplifier for $150
3. Dynamat XTREME DOOR KIT-10435 four 12" x 36" sheets for $55 Link-http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=12647
Isn't it too much or 2 sheets r ok and make 2 out of one.

Also crutchfiled asks us to choose vehicle so that it can provide some free wires and manual.As i have Hyundai Getz,i and its not in their list i can choose accent.Any suggestion?
Old 11th November 2005, 09:18   #249
Team-BHP Support

the boys at crutchfield are the best. i know no online car audio shop that is better. let them know the car is in India (a few of them have even visit our country) and is a sub compact Hyundai smaller than the Accent using a 1L engine. They know the US Accent but their Accent has a bigger engine.
Old 11th November 2005, 16:34   #250
BHPian

I was just going through http://www.bcae1.com/ and guys it has lot of information about car audio setup especially for beginers.
Navin,Sam,Gubir,JB and other might be aware of this site but for newbie this can provide u very useful information.

And navin as i may have 2 amplifiers,dont u think my requirements for wiring kit r different now.
Earlier i had chosen wiring kit recommened with Alpine 240.[under accessories for alpine 240]

Now i may need to power 2 amps from battery so i may need biger wire and distribution block as well.

Can u guys guide me with suitable wiring kit for my whole system? [from either crutchfield or onlinecarstereo]

Thanx in advance........
Old 12th November 2005, 10:56   #251
Team-BHP Support

yes. remember the power factor of most amps is about 0.8. so if you got 400W rms total power ( 2 x 100W for sub and 4 x 50W sat) think that you will need atleast 40A (400/0.8)/12 of current handling.
Old 12th November 2005, 12:39   #252
BHPian

Quote:
yes. remember the power factor of most amps is about 0.8. so if you got 400W rms total power ( 2 x 100W for sub and 4 x 50W sat) think that you will need atleast 40A (400/0.8)/12 of current handling.
navinji i am not yet expert like u but i do like to be.As far as my knowledge can think, i need 8-10g wires.[acc to www.bcae1.com].

I hope u wont mind it but can u plz advise me from crutchfield or onlinecarstereo?

As i plan to buy sony 504 for my 2 subs,will its power enough to power 2 subs?
Old 12th November 2005, 13:09   #253
Team-BHP Support

yes the 504 will power 2 subs in bridged mode.
Old 12th November 2005, 19:55   #254
BHPian

Hi Navin........
plz have a look at this wiring kit
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=15345

Will it be ok for me? What else i need?
Old 13th November 2005, 11:12   #255
BHPian

i have decided to go for alpine 450,a 5-channel amplifier and leave out one subw and other sony 504 out as it would have made a heavy whether of space available in my car.[The main reason i bought this car].Also too much wiring/boom-boom would not have made it a doc's ideal car.

But i am still stuck up on cabling/wiring.I have found a website where they sell high quality monster cables per feet.

1.So guys can u plz advice me what all and how much i need for installinmg 5 channel amp+4 door spk+one subw+HU?

2.What should be the ideal place for amp installation so that it can have plenty of air and dont cover too much space.I prefer it below dashboard on co-driver seat side.If i install it in luggage space as it may trouble me when i may have tp pick up/drop some NRI relative once a year.

I think the best place for a subw is in place of spare tyre[as advised by gunbir in his thread-getz install].

3.May be gunbir can help me here.IAnd guys is MDF board same as polywood as shopkeeper said to me?Its only 20 rs per square feet.

Thanx in advance.....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks