Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2005, 20:06   #196
doc

JK - the speaker is a 6 1/2" round (not 6" as I erroneously posted earlier - had difficulty mentally converting 165mm into inches...). A bit of a mod WAS done, in that the centre of the pod was cut off (it probably could have fit in the usual way without doing that, but the metal support in the pod would have cut minimally into the edge of the woofer and that didnt seem like a good thing in the long run). Will post pics - but give me a little time, as I am one of those Neanderthals that have neither a digital camera nor a scanner at home...

Navin - too bad those trees don't seem to grow down South!!

Sam - no problem. I think the place was Automate on the Kochi bypass (maybe JK knows the place). And who can tell - maybe the guy we met was just filling in (rather poorly) for a regular.
Old 3rd November 2005, 22:01   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Kya yaar, All bloody JBL people are not interested to sell only.... lol.
But no seriously, thank you for bringing that to my notice. Incidentally AM traders is a distributor not a retailer. There are quite a few JBL outlets in Kerala, but I dont know them. Please ask our honorary ambassador JK Das.
Yeah Sam ,May be true in coimbatore too! a retailer and installer who sells JBL was not so forthcoming and said no discounts. While at Bangalore on Lavelle Road , Mr PRitam was so obliging offered to demo and to give a discount . This sort of put me off and i postponed my
purchase.
Old 4th November 2005, 09:02   #198
Senior - BHPian

doc and wildcard, do u guys have any idea abt the price of teh speakers you asked for? maybe the guys told quoted teh lowest price they could give you.
Old 4th November 2005, 22:04   #199
BHPian

The 6" compos were quoted at 5.5k , while 6k at CBE both with B&W.And i didnt bargain much!
Old 4th November 2005, 23:17   #200
doc

Actually JK the problem was not price at all - we never got that far! When I said the guy seemed disinterested in making a sale, I meant just that - we went in asked if he could play any of the JBL speakers - he said he just had a tape deck connected, and he didnt know if it worked and then he wandered off, started talking to another customer back at his desk....we waited a good 180 seconds without any sign of further acknowledgement from the guy, and left post haste....
Old 4th November 2005, 23:27   #201
Senior - BHPian

emm, even i would haev done so. anyway, could have helped you if u wanted jbl. i had to wait one week to get my compos shipped to tvm. very helpful team ther at jbl when i went shopping.
Old 5th November 2005, 12:15   #202
Distinguished - BHPian

Doc,
I am sorry at your poor shopping for JBL experience. Unfortunately, we sell JBL to people that already know what it sounds like, most of the time. It's like selling a K&N air filter, you dont really need to give a demo to the customer, he already KNOWS what it's supposed to do!
This often leads to a complacency at the end that deals with the consumer directly.

We are at the end that rarely does meet the consumer and thats why I like to meet my fellow enthusiasts here. Though I love sharing what I know, often I learn more and teach less here.

Also I often find that I talk nonsense and crack jokes more often than have anything to do with audio. This is a quirk that most people have come to tolerate in this forum.

However, we at Team-JBL take customer satisfaction seriously and I will be taking some action on the basis of what you have said. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 5th November 2005, 14:23   #203
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Doc,
It's like selling a K&N air filter, you dont really need to give a demo to the customer, he already KNOWS what it's supposed to do!

Also I often find that I talk nonsense and crack jokes more often than have anything to do with audio. This is a quirk that most people have come to tolerate in this forum.
haha..sam wait,hold on for a second..read a thread called k&n filters!! myths and reality..maybe then u will get back to your sences..

and by the way isnt that what we all do here most often than not..i guess its this laughter that all come to have, to these threads.. apart from the advice we give all some free entertainment yaar and that makes this the most happening section on this forum..u didnt notice or what thats why navins here with a baseball bat ..cant understand why??? he should know best that "laughter is the best medicine"...

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 5th November 2005 at 14:25.
Old 5th November 2005, 16:01   #204
BHPian

Quote:
I am sorry at your poor shopping for JBL experience. Unfortunately, we sell JBL to people that already know what it sounds like, most of the time. It's like selling a K&N air filter, you dont really need to give a demo to the customer, he already KNOWS what it's supposed to do!
This often leads to a complacency at the end that deals with the consumer directly.
Sorry Sam i beg to differ with u.I think customer has every right to try whatever he intend to buy with his hard earned money.Dont we take test ride even if we go to buy honda accord or Toyota camry?
For sure some stuff like K & N filter u cant be tested.

But i must say u HAVE GOT VERY GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR.Your video was really good.
Old 5th November 2005, 17:29   #205
Distinguished - BHPian

I wasn't saying that the customer has no right to test JBL. In fact was saying the opposite. Too many people already know what it sounds like so it leads to a complacency in the end that deals directly with the client. I was AGREEING with you and pointing out the faults of the JBL resellers. I think you misunderstood.

Thanks for the compliment on my humour. My ex wife didn't think I was funny at all.
Old 5th November 2005, 19:18   #206
doc

Sam - Thanks for the promise of action - I think six lashes would suffice for starters.... Seriously, wasn't really my intent to complain about the JBL experience or this particular seller (it just drifted into the narrative at various points brought on at times by questions from other bhpians) - so why don't we deep six this subtopic and move to important questions like.....when there is a set-up like the one I have where the fronts are relatively puny, how should the HPF and equalizer curves on the pio HU be adjusted for optimal sound (tight bass, full midrange, non-muddy)? I have been trying various combinations without really knowing what I am trying to do...
Old 5th November 2005, 19:26   #207
Senior - BHPian

set the high pass On on the HU . since you have sub, it would take care about the low freq.

doc, only ur sub is powered by the amp right?

Last edited by jkdas : 5th November 2005 at 19:34.
Old 6th November 2005, 00:28   #208
Team-BHP Support

what Hu do you got? if it got time delay then what you do is first set the front and sub so that they integrate in the freq. domain. then adjust time delay so that the sub sounds like it is coming from the front.
Old 6th November 2005, 06:02   #209
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
what Hu do you got? if it got time delay then what you do is first set the front and sub so that they integrate in the freq. domain. then adjust time delay so that the sub sounds like it is coming from the front.
its a pioneer 5750 if im right navin..
why dont u try this settings:
set ur eq preset to flat..
then set ur equalisers individually-----> high---> flat(thats 0)..
mids----> -1..lows -----> -2..here for all the thngs that is low,mid and highs make sure all the freqs are set to 2W (not 1W,1N etc etc)..
set ur HPF to 80 hz..
subwoofer in REV phase..
loudness to low..
fader set it between 5-7 towards the front..now now i dont exactly remember if u have components in the front so try to strike a balance there by using the fader..thats about it..do try these settings and let me know how it sounds..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 6th November 2005 at 06:04.
Old 6th November 2005, 11:46   #210
Senior - BHPian

hes got a co-ax at the front.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks