Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2005, 00:41   #181
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
Just got back home and..........the deed is done. My bank balance is poorer by 26.5k and here is what I ended up with (professionally installed):

HU - pio 5750 - Malaysian (it was 2.5k less than the 7750 - also Malaysian, and as far as I could tell, matched it in things that mattered - power, settings, 3 preouts) - (7.25k)

Fronts - (Navin - you were right - no 4" comps to be had) Blau 4" ODX 102 coaxials driven by the amp - a step up from the THx series (2.9k)

Rears - Blau 6" GTx 173 triaxials driven by the HU - a step down from the THx series (2.8k)

Amp - Sony 504 (5k - a bit more expensive than I had expected from the estimates in prior posts) - anyone know what the RMS power would be on it? The manual just has peak and continuous...

Sub (yup had to get one) - Blau THb 250 sealed box (7.1k)

Cabling and install (under 1.5k)

(Sam, Sam, Sam - Sorry - I had really wanted to give the JBL's a shot but I hadn't gotten your mail by the time I had gone "hunting" this morning so had no modus operandi at hand.... And, sad to say, a few days ago when I first thought of getting sound, had stopped by a place with JBL on the board outside and all over the shop -dunno if this is A M traders though. The guy there seemed rather disinterested in a possible sale and after going through a monologue (we talked, he grumbled) we headed out at a somewhat faster pace than when we had ambled in. Our sources later told us this was indeed THE JBL place, so we decided going back there would be our last resort. As you can see, something else clicked before that....thanks for trying to help - and for your positive comments on my writing!)

The sound is good, I think REALLY good by my non-audiophilic standards. Have to tinker around with the HU settings to see what works best but it looks like a winner. All 4 speakers in factory locations - just didnt have the budget, time or stomach for custom. I am glad I went with the sealed box sub as it sounds just right - tight and punchy enough without getting muddy and rattly. The soundstage is towards the rear and I have to see how I like it - but it does make for less ear strain.

Will post again in a few days as to how its breaking in - meantime, thanks again guys - couldn't have done it without you.

Guess we can call it a wrap (but post-mortems are welcome)!
congrats doc.. ..im sure ur setup is good..btw does the 5750 come with 3 preouts..didnt know..about the 504 check out the continous power rating thats only the RMS..and the sealed enclosure is the best way to get punchy bass..good setup there DOC..though it will sound a bit warmer once u run it for a day or two..once again congrats on ur buy and do let us know how it sounds after u tune it..

Last edited by mclaren1885 : 2nd November 2005 at 00:43.
Old 2nd November 2005, 00:42   #182
Senior - BHPian

Heheh

Seems the forum is losing its touch... Doc went and got the system already... in 2 days flat... I think this is a new TBHP-ICE record...

Doc... any pics?

Last edited by gunbir : 2nd November 2005 at 00:44.
Old 2nd November 2005, 00:47   #183
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Seems the forum is losing its touch... Doc went and got the system already... in 2 days flat... I think this is a new TBHP-ICE record...

Doc... any pics?
yup agree with that GB..thats y the 2 smilies in the post below..haha..doc thats a new record on tbhp..if u want to know why read this thread :

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showth...?t=7684&page=2
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:30   #184
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
(Sam, Sam, Sam - Sorry - I had really wanted to give the JBL's a shot ...Will post again in a few days as to how its breaking in - ...Guess we can call it a wrap (but post-mortems are welcome)!
Geez, Sam's gonna kill me for even suggesting Blau. Thanks buddy. I was hoping you'd hear both Blau and JBL and decide. They are in the same price range. Alpine, Infinity etc. are a bit more.

BTW now that the deed is done I think what you paid for the the Blau ODx 102 is expensive but then I have only Mumbai prices.

Anyway I dont want to spoil your party. Enjoy the music.
Old 2nd November 2005, 10:44   #185
Senior - BHPian

aha a blaued santro xing. good tht has the same speaker company all around.

doc; did u get a mdf or used the tray taht came with the car?

was these prices with b&w.
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:24   #186
BHPian

Quote:
doc; did u get a mdf or used the tray taht came with the car?
He has installed the sub in a sealed box. This is what he wrote "Sub (yup had to get one) - Blau THb 250 sealed box (7.1k)"

Congrats doc. You can use the fader control and move the sound to the front and listen to it and then decide which sounds better for you. ENJOY!
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:34   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
He has installed the sub in a sealed box. This is what he wrote "Sub (yup had to get one) - Blau THb 250 sealed box (7.1k)"

Congrats doc. You can use the fader control and move the sound to the front and listen to it and then decide which sounds better for you. ENJOY!

i wasnt talking abt the sub mate. i as talking about the oval shapped co-axial speakers he got fixed at the back of his santro xing.

why i asked was coz the original tray would be too light for the co-ax and hence would vibrate a lot and tht too with teh sub doing its work. what say?

and subzero; kwn what? i ask most palio guys i meet 2 check ur system config coz u have a simple yet gr8 audio system.

Last edited by jkdas : 2nd November 2005 at 12:38.
Old 2nd November 2005, 12:42   #188
BANNED

way off topic..but subzero what did u clock at the 2 db drags that u took part in..had posted this in another thread but looks like u didnt come across it..somewhere in the 130 range im sure..
Old 2nd November 2005, 23:21   #189
doc

OK - let me try to answer all the questions:

mcl -

1) yes the 5750 does have 3 preouts. See link below:

http://www.pioneer.com.sg/

then choose - DEH-P5750MP - compare to 7750 - look like first cousins to me...

2) HA HA - loved the thread. I would have been in the same boat but for my BIL leaving town (he did early this morning). Getting it before he took off was a big motivator.

Gunbhir - no pics (yet) will post when I have any...

Navin - ODx 102's were quoted at 3200 at the blau showroom - I got them at the place I delt with for 5% less. What is the Mumbai price?

jk - subzero is right - no tray needed. And the triaxials I installed were rounds, not ovals - so they fit right into the factory locations lateral to the deck. No bill, the guy did say he would give a warranty on the speakers for a year. It's a known shop doing roaring business, so I think its safe enough.

Later!
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:13   #190
Senior - BHPian

alright doc. so the rear pod took a speaker greater thn 6 inch without mod? pls do post a pic when u get time, becasue it would be helpful to others and us. I thought the rear pods would take only 4 inchers without mod.
Old 3rd November 2005, 00:27   #191
Team-BHP Support

I saw them for 2750 after shaking a few trees.
Old 3rd November 2005, 12:54   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
i wasnt talking abt the sub mate. i as talking about the oval shapped co-axial speakers he got fixed at the back of his santro xing.
Hey Jk, sorry about that. I mis undestood your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
and subzero; kwn what? i ask most palio guys i meet 2 check ur system config coz u have a simple yet gr8 audio system.
Thanks very much for the compliments and for talking about my car, Jkdas.....Its my pride & joy and have painstakingly built it over a period of time.
Old 3rd November 2005, 13:00   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
way off topic..but subzero what did u clock at the 2 db drags that u took part in..had posted this in another thread but looks like u didnt come across it..somewhere in the 130 range im sure..
Sorry Mclaren, I must have missed it.

In July '02, I clocked around 135db in my ex-Zen, with nearly the same system I have now. Won 1st place.

In June '04, I clocked 133.8db in my current Palio with the current system. Won 1st place again
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:13   #194
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5u3zEr0
Sorry Mclaren, I must have missed it.

In July '02, I clocked around 135db in my ex-Zen, with nearly the same system I have now. Won 1st place.

In June '04, I clocked 133.8db in my current Palio with the current system. Won 1st place again
hhhmm..135 db in a zen is pretty good buddy specially knowing that u werent running the same setup as the palio..though im sure if u run the same setup in a car like a zen or alto thats in the palio right now u could clock more than the benchmark of 135 as the time required to fill up the cabin space(where the db meter mic is placed) will be considerably less than compared to the palio..anyways this years db drag was won by a zen which clocked 137.xx something..i wish u best of luck for the coming db drags..
PS: better get some good ear plugs when ur pumping up the volumes or else this could happen(read post number 58 by navin in this thread)
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8257
Old 3rd November 2005, 18:17   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc
(Sam, Sam, Sam - Sorry - I had really wanted to give the JBL's a shot but I hadn't gotten your mail by the time I had gone "hunting" this morning so had no modus operandi at hand.... And, sad to say, a few days ago when I first thought of getting sound, had stopped by a place with JBL on the board outside and all over the shop -dunno if this is A M traders though. The guy there seemed rather disinterested in a possible sale and after going through a monologue (we talked, he grumbled) we headed out at a somewhat faster pace than when we had ambled in. Our sources later told us this was indeed THE JBL place, so we decided going back there would be our last resort. As you can see, something else clicked before that....thanks for trying to help - and for your positive comments on my writing!)
Kya yaar, All bloody JBL people are not interested to sell only.... lol.
But no seriously, thank you for bringing that to my notice. Incidentally AM traders is a distributor not a retailer. There are quite a few JBL outlets in Kerala, but I dont know them. Please ask our honorary ambassador JK Das.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks