Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th September 2005, 11:04   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

I actually did an install like that myself and it worked pretty well. I wired both head units electrically in parallel. The speaker connections (for the front and rear) went to a small circuit carrying 2 DPDT relays. The relay centre point then went to the speakers. There was a manual switch with a 12V trigger to the relay, and a small delay cap circuit ensured that even for a fleeting second, the two output stages were never fused together.

Jesus Christ.... Thats IT!! I've been Navinized!!!!! AIEEE!!!
Old 20th September 2005, 19:48   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
I actually did an install like that myself and it worked pretty well. I wired both head units electrically in parallel. The speaker connections (for the front and rear) went to a small circuit carrying 2 DPDT relays. The relay centre point then went to the speakers. There was a manual switch with a 12V trigger to the relay, and a small delay cap circuit ensured that even for a fleeting second, the two output stages were never fused together.

Jesus Christ.... Thats IT!! I've been Navinized!!!!! AIEEE!!!

ther u said it! i am not gonna read any of ur post ( i read navin's techy techy ones when i dont have anything else 2 do )

let me copy paste ur post to my pda and show my installer. hope he understands how 2 do it.

and my 606 still on its way

and hope by the time it reaches here i will order the sub. wonder when that would be delivered. phew!
Old 21st September 2005, 10:44   #78
Team-BHP Support

glad to know you guys were missing me on my one day away. waht if i take a months leave. there would be celebrations (esp in Delhi!)
Old 21st September 2005, 22:03   #79
Senior - BHPian

and it happened. My Santro JBLfied.. I got my damn Santro JBLfied....I got my car JBLfied

Sam ,Saaaaaaaammmm, u ther? U should c the grin on my face and my bros and my frnd's. I could even play my audio at its max and even then its so damn good.

I was like, wow, what if i add teh sub with this. man, really, me 2 damn happy.

I am gonna ask the seller at tvm 2 call me if someone wants a demo of my setup

Navinji, my installer took power via one side and rf cables via teh other side as u told. My installer said he had had soem nasty exp when running both rf and power cables on one side

Other than teh config i have said b4, all I did today was to 'on' HPF on my Sony HU and I set it to 78Hz.

Can I say it again? Damn , my car audio is so damn good

Gonna brainwash my frnds frm 2day onwards 2 JBlfy ther cars too.

For demos at TVM/Cochin, contact me
Old 21st September 2005, 23:42   #80
Senior - BHPian

lol, JK.... Welcome to the world of Live Muzic bro.... Enjoy your setup..... Keep rockin...
Listening to loud muzic all the time could be injurious to your ears..... Have fun

I didn't have that wicked grin on my face when I got my install complete and listened to the first song on my setup, but I had that sense of complete satisfaction that I wanted from the day I got the speakers in my hand.... Hehe.... Lovely, innit??
Old 21st September 2005, 23:59   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
lol, JK.... Welcome to the world of Live Muzic bro.... Enjoy your setup..... Keep rockin...
Listening to loud muzic all the time could be injurious to your ears..... Have fun

I didn't have that wicked grin on my face when I got my install complete and listened to the first song on my setup, but I had that sense of complete satisfaction that I wanted from the day I got the speakers in my hand.... Hehe.... Lovely, innit??
mate, i had 2 wait ONE week to get my 606. i was playing my audio with just 426 at frnt for one week.

so shouldnt i be excited and happy and
Old 22nd September 2005, 00:10   #82
Senior - BHPian

you absolutely shud, and congrats.... I haven't got my time yet, but I'm just waiting to get that amp in to complete my setup, and yeah, 50 cent is also waiting..... LOL.....
Old 22nd September 2005, 00:20   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
you absolutely shud, and congrats.... I haven't got my time yet, but I'm just waiting to get that amp in to complete my setup, and yeah, 50 cent is also waiting..... LOL.....

aha, just wht i want 50 cent.. whers mine.........have 2 find it

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd September 2005 at 00:22.
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:00   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
waht if i take a months leave
NAHEE!!! Basanti in kutto ke saamne mat naach!
Arrey Navinji, please don't say such things. My private parts shrivel up even thinking of the thought. Please banish it.

Uss soch ko cancel karo old man. Tum nahi toh kucch nahi.
Old 22nd September 2005, 01:06   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
and it happened. My Santro JBLfied.. I got my damn Santro JBLfied....I got my car JBLfied

Sam ,Saaaaaaaammmm, u ther? U should c the grin on my face and my bros and my frnd's. I could even play my audio at its max and even then its so damn good.

Can I say it again? Damn , my car audio is so damn good
Chalo, another ones bites the bust. (I can spell, don't worry heh heh, chaatis are more fun than matti)
Lol, jkd, welcome to the madness. Life will be different in the car now. Remember loud music is injurious to health. So is Johnny. But damn it's fun! Lol
ENJOY!
Old 22nd September 2005, 13:01   #86
Team-BHP Support

sam since when you started qouting Jim (Artist - Doors, Album - Strange Days, Song - When The Music's Over)?
Old 22nd September 2005, 19:23   #87
BHPian

Ok Sam, Navin & other contributors to this thread, looks like you solved Das' problem.....congratulations on helping another BHPian in his setup.

I think this setup should work for me too. This is for a Corsa 1.4. But I have other considerations.

HU: I already have a Blaupunkt tape player in the car. I have a portable DVD player which I want to install in the car along with this(plays DVD, ACD & MP3). How does this get installed ? I know it can be fastened to the passenger/driver seat. But I want to install this for the co-passenger & not the rear passengers. Need help in setting it up on the dash & connecting to my music system setup ?

Considering the below setup, same as Das'
Amp & Speaker setup:

Amp not decided yet (considering Sony 502z)
JBL 426e (front) & JBL 936 (rear)

Sony502z to power a JBL CS1200T tube or Blaupunkt GTB 300

Should this be fine or am I missing something ? Is there a single amp which can feed all the speakers (front, rear & woofers). Total Budget of Rs 15000/- (+/- 2000)
Old 22nd September 2005, 21:54   #88
Team-BHP Support

1. I am not sure if your portable DVD player will be capable of handling the bumps of the road. In the days before car CD players became the norm we use to get a goose neck and platform that could be boltd behind the dash and the CD player (DVD today) could be placed on that.

2. your 426 and 936 would need a 504Z

the rest seems ok.
Old 23rd September 2005, 00:03   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorp72
Ok Sam, Navin & other contributors to this thread, looks like you solved Das' problem.....congratulations on helping another BHPian in his setup.

I think this setup should work for me too. This is for a Corsa 1.4. But I have other considerations.

HU: I already have a Blaupunkt tape player in the car. I have a portable DVD player which I want to install in the car along with this(plays DVD, ACD & MP3). How does this get installed ? I know it can be fastened to the passenger/driver seat. But I want to install this for the co-passenger & not the rear passengers. Need help in setting it up on the dash & connecting to my music system setup ?

Considering the below setup, same as Das'
Amp & Speaker setup:

Amp not decided yet (considering Sony 502z)
JBL 426e (front) & JBL 936 (rear)

Sony502z to power a JBL CS1200T tube or Blaupunkt GTB 300

Should this be fine or am I missing something ? Is there a single amp which can feed all the speakers (front, rear & woofers). Total Budget of Rs 15000/- (+/- 2000)

what r ur other considerations? adding a sony vcd player( 10k?) would be teh best thing if u want 2 c a movie. and if u can, 606 at the frnt would be better since u drive and u want ur co-passenger 2 get better audio setup

what say guys?

Last edited by jkdas : 23rd September 2005 at 00:06.
Old 23rd September 2005, 09:53   #90
Team-BHP Support

dont know if the 606 will fit in a 426 slot. Sam when you get back from Goa (I'm sooo jealous) help this guy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks