Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2006, 21:14   #406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunbir
Hmm... playing at high volumes for long... reminds me of the Auto Expo when we had all our amps playing at full output non-stop 10-12 hours everyday. The Audison LRx1.400 powering the Mille 21" was putting out 900w into 1ohm...all day long... it got warm but never shut down.
Gunbir...my amp do shut down sometime.I have told u guys this probelm before.As advised by JB,i did check if the spk cables is leaking and toucjing some metal part of car.I couldn't find any leak but i did replaced all spk cables.

But while coming from JLD,only once my amp shut down when i raided vol to around 28 after abt 45 min.I had to lower the volume then.
Lately i have been very busy but i will cover the visible spk cables with cable cover/sleeve and see if it happens again.

And gunbir i am yet to put mdf borad between amp and rar seat.
JK...its must for amp's rear seat installation o/w amp's screws would keep coming out.[happening to me]
And why dont u go for audison RCA cables?
Old 20th April 2006, 21:55   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Gunbir...my amp do shut down sometime.I have told u guys this probelm before.As advised by JB,i did check if the spk cables is leaking and toucjing some metal part of car.I couldn't find any leak but i did replaced all spk cables.
RSJ... It just might be the 2ohm Infinity speakers are a bit much for the amp which would be a bit strange. Its also possible you got a B-stock amp.
Old 20th April 2006, 21:57   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr

JK...its must for amp's rear seat installation o/w amp's screws would keep coming out.[happening to me]
And why dont u go for audison RCA cables?
o/w? YOu did it that way Gunbir said? I have to do it sometime next week. I need RCA before that. Also, I may change my HU too.

I am trying for it (Audison). I have asked a friend to check for it at Hyd. Any idea how much it would cost? maybe I will pm Gunbir to send it to me via courier if I cant find it here or at Hyd .

And can someone find that thread about these cables? I am sure that Gunbir had a thread abt this.

Last edited by jkdas : 20th April 2006 at 21:59.
Old 20th April 2006, 23:30   #409
Senior - BHPian

The contact was made.

I am going for Audison FT2600 RCA x 2nos. NOw I have to sort out about the Power cables with fuse too. Maybe I will get Audison one for that too.

Last edited by jkdas : 20th April 2006 at 23:31.
Old 22nd April 2006, 22:55   #410
Senior - BHPian

Think I will keep the Pio amp at the old place but with some padding and 4 screws. It looks sturdy enough for it. The behind the seat work will have to be tried by myself later on. I doubt if anyone from Tvm could do a nice job abt it.

The Audison RCA's I should be going in for, FT2600@760Rs per pair

So RCA time next week. Whers my damn salary, boss?

Last edited by jkdas : 22nd April 2006 at 23:14.
Old 23rd April 2006, 13:23   #411
BHPian

Quote:
RSJ... It just might be the 2ohm Infinity speakers are a bit much for the amp which would be a bit strange. Its also possible you got a B-stock amp.
Yeah.........thats what i have been saying before.That amp is powering 4 infinty spk @2ohm +2 tweeters and a SQ subw in sealed box.

Probably its bit too much for amp.

But plz dont break my heart by saying its from B stock.

Last edited by rsjaurr : 23rd April 2006 at 13:26.
Old 23rd April 2006, 15:51   #412
Senior - BHPian

Alright; whats a B stock thing
Old 23rd April 2006, 16:10   #413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
Alright; whats a B stock thing
Most companies that outsource their manufacturing to China, Korea etc sometimes dont do effective quality control before shipping from the factory. The sometimes prefer to do the QC after the consignments land in say... USA. Some stocks fail QC. Now since they have already been manufactured, transported and imported, it doesnt make sense to send them back to China. So they are sold on consignment basis. Thats how unauthorised online websites get their stocks. Unfortunately, a lot of these stocks also make their way to our shores and get sold in the grey market.
Old 24th April 2006, 16:17   #414
BHPian

Quote:
Most companies that outsource their manufacturing to China, Korea etc sometimes dont do effective quality control before shipping from the factory. The sometimes prefer to do the QC after the consignments land in say... USA. Some stocks fail QC. Now since they have already been manufactured, transported and imported, it doesnt make sense to send them back to China. So they are sold on consignment basis. Thats how unauthorised online websites get their stocks. Unfortunately, a lot of these stocks also make their way to our shores and get sold in the grey market.

Just to add to Gunbir's post,they call it 2nd stock in USA if any item fails QC checks.Sometime these items can be repaired and sold as refurbished items.
Thankfully my all items were not refurbished or from 2nd stock.I did confirm that.And my amp is made in south korea and not china.

Anyway i will be free after my wife joins her new job in next few dyas and will try to find the cause of amp shutting down occasionally.

I plan to cover the entire spk wiring with some sleeve to prevent any any leaked spk wiring touching any metal part of car,use sandpaper for ground connection as my installer dint use it before.[to me this may be the cause].Actually i cant get that HU sleeve/frame which gunbir/JB advised to use for HU install.When i get it,i will reopen the whole setup and try to find the reason.
Old 25th April 2006, 00:09   #415
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Therefore, buy all original products with Bill and warranty. Don't take a chance with the grey market. Aids ka khatra hain. The End.
Old 25th April 2006, 09:54   #416
Team-BHP Support

right said Sam, see http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-en...car-audio.html
Old 25th April 2006, 10:41   #417
BHPian

PA275 remote

jkdas, Do you have pics of the Remote of PA275??

Quote:
Old 25th April 2006, 21:07   #418
Senior - BHPian

dmitri; I will post it tomorrow

And guys see that keychain? Anyone can get me atleast one of those? They are in bloody demand here:(

Last edited by jkdas : 25th April 2006 at 21:09.
Old 25th April 2006, 22:08   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
dmitri; I will post it tomorrow

And guys see that keychain? Anyone can get me atleast one of those? They are in bloody demand here:(
LOL i dont think any of the guys anywhere can get you that. Those are super limited edition. However a few selected (read very few) TBHP members will have one each. Maybe someone would send you his. (Ask navin or rudra heh heh)

Last edited by Sam Kapasi : 25th April 2006 at 22:09.
Old 26th April 2006, 09:22   #420
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
Those are super limited edition. Maybe someone would send you his. (Ask navin or rudra heh heh)
You want to take a keychain from my 4 year old son! I wont dare to. You are however welcome to try. Just get good ear muffs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks