Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2005, 09:12   #271
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
However great setup Mc Laren.... I am sure you are tooo excited. Now begins the tough part.... to begin to enjoy your system and resist upgrades. I know I am having a hard time not resisting adding more
so true aseem..well best of luck with your upgrade..i too am planninng an upgrade within the next 1-2 months..going to get a better amp to drive the stuff..though it will set me back by a lot and make my pockets severly light its worth it..
Old 20th October 2005, 09:58   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr
Vivek whats the price of these 2 amps u r getting?

I am not sure. I have to ask around.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:05   #273
Team-BHP Support

gunbir, wow thanks for the news. if and when i could afford the 450 i was thinking of running it at 2 ohms. I will have to revise my subwoofer plans now.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:08   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Vivek I used the 340. I intend to get teh 450 and then run the front and rear speaker in bridged mode. between the 340 and 450 i'd have 8+1 channels. bridged they'd be 4+1. so you can get the 240 for now and when you need more power get another 240 and bridge both.
My guess is that the HU's 22W is driving the 936 and 426 pretty well so far. So, I think 50W should be sufficient. If I need to add a sub later, I can always get a monoblock. Was also wondering if this 50W per channel is enough for front components if I upgrade in the future. What say?

But I hope both the 240 and 320 are good sounding. McLaren tells me stores do not let you listen to the amps before buying them.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:13   #275
Team-BHP Support

if you upgrade you can bridge the 50W amp to make it a 100W/2ch amp. that is what i intend to do. sometimes 2 4ch amps can cost less than 1 4ch amp and 1 monoblock.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:19   #276
BHPian

Have you (or anyone) listened/used the 240? I am sure they sound great but just asking.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:24   #277
Team-BHP Support

I use the 340 which is it's close cousin. I tested it against the GTA 450 and 504 and you know the rest.
Old 20th October 2005, 10:45   #278
BHPian

Let's see. What I buy depends on the price. If the 320 is not too expensive, I might buy it. Otherwise, the 240 will have to do for some time.
Old 20th October 2005, 12:54   #279
BHPian

Welcome to forum deepak...its nice to have you here and It was a pleasure meeting you in bangalore.

The Output stages of 450 are Class A/B Mosfets and are pre-bridged to give out mono output for sub. Thats why it is happy driving the 4 Ohm and above loads. The Class AB sub section sounds better unlike someother 5 Channel amps which have Class D sub section.

The subwoofer is wired in 8 Ohms because it is quite sensitive and also the cabin of Zen is small. With this configuration you achieve good balance between sub and speakers and overall nice SQ...that was the prime motto in this car.
Old 20th October 2005, 13:18   #280
Distinguished - BHPian

HAHA Deepak! HAHAHA Deepak!! Welcome amigo!
Old 20th October 2005, 13:59   #281
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi

So finally the disco '82 has some good sound in it!!

Congratulations my little man!
no sam nnnooo..the disco 82 is severly injured...i dont know if it was beacause of u leaving bangalore or JB coming here that the rain gods were kind enough to shower their blessings on us..and due to this heavy downpour one of the neons read the left got damaged and aint working as water has entered the tube..so will replace it once the rains are done with..

i still can remember the shock on sams face when he sat in my car and found out that i had stripped my earlier system off just the day before...sorry sam that i had to take u around for those days without any music..but ya this time it wont be the same..sams exact quote was " she is still a virgin"..ok ok before u guys get all weird ideas sam was referring to my car as my entire dash was fitted exactly like it was in a new car without the HU in place..

though im happy with my new setup im equally sad as the disco 82 has lost its charm,one that it was know for among the bhpians..hehe cant forget the way sam started clapping and jumping on seeing the disco 82 in action .. i remember seeing a 5yr old kid do that looking at some monkey do exhibits in the zoo ...and the next time i saw sam was doing the same..only differnce being this guy weighed a ton and was 6.xx ft tall..hehe..

abey yeh sab kya hey?? stuart little, little man..aur kuch rehgaya hey tho bol de taki sab sun sake..hehe..looks like u have found urself a stalker in the means of v1p3r..haha..have u read his signature ...

PS:guys im taking a complete break from music for two days starting with today..this is just to gear up in time to take the eyeballer in my hands this saturday..imagine 10 days of mayhem in the eyeaballer at VY and then another 5 days tuning my system up..my ears will surely desert me if i keep troubling them so much...
Old 21st October 2005, 00:11   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
HAHA Deepak! HAHAHA Deepak!! Welcome amigo!
muchos gracias !! senor. hope to hear from you soon
Old 21st October 2005, 00:14   #283
BHPian

i guess you have to agree to disagree ! i've used the hybrid models of the 5 channel models that you "do not like " with exceptional results. also, i've wired the 5th sub channel of a 450 at 2 ohms and have driven the amp pretty hard over an extended period of time. never has it once shut down.
Old 21st October 2005, 09:12   #284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasrani
i guess you have to agree to disagree ! i've used the hybrid models of the 5 channel models that you "do not like " with exceptional results. also, i've wired the 5th sub channel of a 450 at 2 ohms and have driven the amp pretty hard over an extended period of time. never has it once shut down.
Deepak... Nobody wants to disagree. I dont doubt you have had different results. Simply stated facts from our own experience.
Old 21st October 2005, 09:50   #285
Team-BHP Support

I promise when I get a 450 I will get to the bottom of this. I suspect if what gunbir says it true one of 2 things could happen

a) the 5th channel amp is really 2 channels bridged.
b) the speaker gunbir is using has a impedance drop below 2 ohms some where in it freq. curve (I would suspect somewhere near but not at Fs).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks