Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2021, 16:34   #14206

Re: Suggestions for Stereo and Component speakers upgrade for KIA Seltos

Thanks a lot for the reply. Any specific models from these brands that can fit seltos? I am unable to find any except the Blaupunkt key largo.
Old 13th June 2021, 13:32   #14207
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Trying to find and fix the issue in 4 channel class AB amplifier.

Amplifier : Audiosn SR4
Issue : No sound in one channel out of total four channels in use
Diagnostics so far : Swapped RCA cables and speaker cables to verify that the issue is not in the source unit, cables and/or speakers and found no issue in either of them.

So its confirmed that the issue is in amplifier itself.
Issue is in right channel of 'B' where rear speakers are connected.

When I first noticed this issue, the problematic channel used to start sounding perfectly fine after few minutes if gain is increased and then used to keep sounding even at low volumes until the system was turned off and restarted after cooling down.

But now the problematic channel is completely gone off after swiping the rear speaker wires.

Rest of the channels are sounding perfectly find even with the this issue with no signs of distortion, clipping or anything else.

Audio Gurus, what can be the issue?

Last edited by tbppjpr : 13th June 2021 at 13:35.
Old 15th June 2021, 00:46   #14208
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi Audio Gurus,

Need some suggestions to upgrade the audio setup in my Skoda Rapid. I have changed the stock front speakers to Mercury CE-165 components. It provided a decent upgrade in terms of clarity and a little bit of mid range.

Now I am thinking of undertaking the second stage. I am searching for options to get maximum clarity from the Comps and add that bottom end to my music.

If I have to narrate my audio preference, I like my audio to be played at a lower volume with clarity and tight crisp bass. The bass has to be on point and on notes, not over powering in any respect. Much like the sound signature of Bose headphones and not as bright as say Sony ones.

My questions are:

a) Should I go ahead with with a decent 4 channel amp and power the components and use the remaining two channels for a full trunk Sub-woofer- preferably a 6-8 inches. I dont want to loose out on too much of boot space. I travel a lot and need that boot space.

b) Get a good two channel amp for front components and install a under seat subwoofer? So much less of a sub woofer are under seat woofers? Will I loose a lot of tight bass that the full subs provide?

c) How much improvement will be there if I add an amp to power the comps and replace the back speaker to better ones like Morel Coaxials?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Tuisha110HP : 15th June 2021 at 00:49.
Old 20th June 2021, 23:13   #14209
BHPian

External touchscreen for 2010 Audi Q5

I am looking for a third party touchscreen for my 2010 Audi Q5 2.0T in Bengaluru.
Hoping to add navigation, BT for music(no kidding!) and Android Auto.
RSNAV seems to have good option for around $700.
Query:
Has anyone tried installing that or something similar in India? How is the experience?
Appreciate any inputs.
Old 23rd June 2021, 19:19   #14210
BHPian

Re: External touchscreen for 2010 Audi Q5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoadFun View Post
I am looking for a third party touchscreen for my 2010 Audi Q5 2.0T in Bengaluru.
Hoping to add navigation, BT for music(no kidding!) and Android Auto.
RSNAV seems to have good option for around $700.
Query:
Has anyone tried installing that or something similar in India? How is the experience?
Appreciate any inputs.
Get in touch with Satya at EVO Customs (http://www.evo-blr.com
Cambridge Layout) he specializes in this on German cars.
prashantuchil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 21:53   #14211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Look at camera's from Blaupunkt too.
Finally bought the Blaupunkt reverse camera. Model was BD DH02.1. Couldn't figure out what the difference is compared to DH02 which is out of stock. DH01 is the same camera with dual mount. Does anyone know the difference between DH02 and DH02.1?

Replaced the old bumper camera. The removal was tough. Tried to press the clamps together and push it out, not possible. Tried to hammer it with a screwdriver in the gap between the camera and bumper, no go. Finally drilled the camera out, then caught the metal housing with a rose cutter and cut it out piecemeal.

The New camera was a direct fit 18.5mm. The connections were same as the old AdRev one. (Checked before). All fixed and aligned.

Picture quality is as good/ better than the old camera before it became blurry. There is a fish-eye effect and edges are not well defined. Guide lines are present - static. The edge of the red mark on ground level still leaves a gap of 12 inches. (Much better than the 3-4 feet of the old one).

Need to see the performance over time. I also have the Blaupunkt warranty but the card is not stamped though I bought it from their store. https://blaupunktcar.in/buy/blaupunk.../BC-DH2.1/305/
Old 12th July 2021, 01:28   #14212
BHPian

Re: Suggestions for Stereo and Component speakers upgrade for KIA Seltos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasulone View Post
Thanks a lot for the reply. Any specific models from these brands that can fit seltos? I am unable to find any except the Blaupunkt key largo.
Sony XAV AX8000 is pretty good. Can be bought around 25000-26000.

You will need two frames for installation :

1. HTX Frame with a 10" cutout for audio - costs about 1500-1800
2. Sony XAV specific frame (widely used in Creta) - costs about 1000 Rs

With these two, you can install XAV8000 in Seltos.

All the best with your plans and keep us posted !

P.S. Ensure that you source the unit and all frames/other components from your installer. Installing XAV8000 in Seltos is a bit tricky given the space constraints. So let the installer take all the risk !
Old 16th July 2021, 00:07   #14213
BHPian

I drive Rapid 1.6 TDI 2012 (clocked 93K kms) and currently have no plans to replace it in next 3 yrs. Planning to replace the stock audio as it is showing its age.

Can any one please suggest a good branded touch screen android audio(later will swap it to my father's Dzire (2018) while replacing my rapid).

I see Blaupunkt KEY LARGO 970 - 9 Inch which costs around 25k including reverse camera here in Hyderabad as an option. Please suggest.
sree5999 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th August 2021, 12:09   #14214
BHPian

Hello Guys,

I drive a 2010 Civic. The audio system has been stock so far and I have been satisfied with the audio to an extent however I switched the head unit to an android foxfire unit and sound quality has gone down post the switch. There has been a difference in both loudness and bass. I want to upgrade the speakers now. Will I be able to get good output with the current head unit. I understand it can not match the branded systems. Also will getting components only for front be enough? I am not an audiophile. If yes, which component speakers should I be looking at. I have no knowledge of audio set up at all. I skip the audio section of all our new car official reviews.
nik0502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:52   #14215
BHPian

Hi All,

So, I have been using Sony XAV-5500 for some time now and really happy with the performance. However in my Tata Zest it's fitment is not proper. Please refer below images.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-whatsapp-image-20210817-1.43.08-pm-1.jpeg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-whatsapp-image-20210817-1.43.08-pm-2.jpeg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-whatsapp-image-20210817-1.43.08-pm.jpeg

The main issue I run into is that whenever I encounter a speed breaker, sometimes Android Auto gets disconnected and I lose navigation and everything.

I have tried multiple shops in Hyderabad and apparently they don't have any solution to this. It looks like due to more influx of android systems (9inch), 7 inch frames are not in the market. I texted/called several shops as well and they had asked me to share pics on whatsapp. Once I do that, they no longer pick up call or reply.

Could you guys suggest some solution to this. Maybe I can buy something online or some shop in Hyderabad that you guys can suggest that can cater to this. I live in Kondapur area and any nearby shops are appreciated, however I am willing to go other areas as well if it resolves the issue.

Thanks in advance!!
Old 22nd August 2021, 12:41   #14216
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohitsharma359 View Post
Hi All,

So, I have been using Sony XAV-5500 for some time now and really happy with the performance. However in my Tata Zest it's fitment is not proper. Please refer below images.
Was the frame cut from the OEM panel or is that an aftermarket stereo fascia plate for the Zest?

Looks crude in the first place and not fit well.
Old 22nd August 2021, 12:55   #14217
BHPian

Quote:
Was the frame cut from the OEM panel or is that an aftermarket stereo fascia plate for the Zest?
Well, I bought this car second hand. It came with a double din local stereo with similar setup (hanging out). After I installed Sony HU, the shopkeeper did put up a frame with a double tape but that didn't last much.
What I got from shopkeeper that this is an aftermarket plate and doesn't fit properly. He didn't have a similar plate at that time so he just installed and tried to fix it with some double tape.

Quote:
Looks crude in the first place and not fit well.
I totally agree. This does't look good at all. That's why I am searching for some kind of permanent solution to this.
Old 22nd August 2021, 13:45   #14218
Senior - BHPian

Nothing much you can do about the frame. I have the same Sony AX5500. It's meant to have a floating display.

However you can change the angle of installation by removing the dash panel and adjusting the system on the fascia plate using the screws in the horizontal holes. This would make it more inline.
Old 22nd August 2021, 14:25   #14219
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildsdi5530 View Post
Nothing much you can do about the frame. I have the same Sony AX5500. It's meant to have a floating display.
Does something like below help?
https://www.amazon.in/Better-deals-s...=1&ext_vrnc=hi
Old 22nd August 2021, 16:08   #14220
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sree5999 View Post
I drive Rapid 1.6 TDI 2012 (clocked 93K kms) and currently have no plans to replace it in next 3 yrs. Planning to replace the stock audio as it is showing its age.

Can any one please suggest a good branded touch screen android audio(later will swap it to my father's Dzire (2018) while replacing my rapid).

I see Blaupunkt KEY LARGO 970 - 9 Inch which costs around 25k including reverse camera here in Hyderabad as an option. Please suggest.
If you’re considering HU upgrade for android auto/apple car play, then the entry level Pioneer & Sony HU’s are recommended for their superior sound quality compared to Blaupunkt. Some of the options are:

- Sony AX 3000 / AX 5000
- Pioneer Z5290BT

Should be similarly priced under 25k & comes with both apple car play a& android auto. I recently upgraded my 2014 Rapid’s ICE with the pioneer one listed here & have had a pleasant experience so far, of course you’ve got to consider upgrading the speakers with an amp & sub-woofer for a complete setup.

Depending on what’s on your priority you may choose to do a staggered upgrade & feel the change each upgrade brings about.

If not the amp & sub-woofer, I’d still recommend to upgrade the stock speakers with decent components for the front & coaxial speakers for the rear as a minimum with the HU upgrade. You will not regret the expense in the long term

Last edited by suhas_raj : 22nd August 2021 at 16:10.
suhas_raj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks