Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2019, 13:37   #13951
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
May sound better after burn-in.

If that doesn't help, try changing the mounting axis of the tweeter. I mean try mounting it 'off-axis'. I think it is 'on-axis' currently, right?
The maximo tweeters are so effective that even off axis didn't help. A strange thing I noticed was that even with treble at -6, the tweeters won't shut off. I went online and found another person having similar problem. He suggested reversing polarity of the tweeters. My installer had cut the wires at multiple location and taped them together for the tweeter. I simply reversed the polarity and lo and behold the highs became tolerable and less artificial. Things could improve i guess once burn in completes. The treble is at 0 now instead of -3 / -4 earlier. Now I am able to enjoy the music better

Question: Will this damage the tweeters?

The mid bass is so strong that the doors definitely need to be damped and sound can be heard outside
Old 20th October 2019, 13:58   #13952
BANNED

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
Now I am able to enjoy the music better

Question: Will this damage the tweeters?
No. It won't damage the tweeters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grease_Monkey View Post
The mid bass is so strong that the doors definitely need to be damped and sound can be heard outside
Apart from the regular damping that's done, don't forget to damp the door pads with acoustic foam.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2019, 16:43   #13953
Senior - BHPian

Hi Experts,

I am looking for speaker upgrade or sub woofer / amp addition on my Ameo.

The stock speakers by VW are relatively good but looking to spend around 6-7k to better them.

What makes more sense? Upgrade the existing speakers to JBL or something better or addition of sub woofer / amplifier?

Please suggest and preferably with Amazon.in links to purchase.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 20th October 2019 at 16:51.
Old 29th October 2019, 22:23   #13954
Distinguished - BHPian

One feature in car audio HU's that I have not been able to figure out - Is It of Any Use At All ?

We are supposed to connect the head-phone out from a player to this port, but the levels are so bad that the connection is not usable at all. While some can say we use the head-phone amplifiers, these amps I think are newer than from the days the aux-in port was introduced.

So what is that aux-in port to be used for ? and how ?
Old 30th October 2019, 02:44   #13955

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
....but the levels are so bad that the connection is not usable at all...
The levels cannot be that bad.

Could that be a case of bad cable, which has a broken ground line? Try a different cable. Also, if you are connecting a phone, remove phone's protective case/cover before connecting.
redswift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2019, 08:38   #13956
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
One feature in car audio HU's that I have not been able to figure out - Is It of Any Use At All ?
So what is that aux-in port to be used for ? and how ?
Normally when you use the output of a small device like a phone or an MP3 player, it is good to turn up the volume on the device to its max level unless the sound gets distorted. Since these devices have low power amps, the output levels will not be very high at mid volumes. Before the era of bluetooth in my car, I was using Aux in connected to my phone for music and calls. After bluetooth and later carplay, the aux in port is lying unused from a long time.

But in general, whenever I connect the output of my phone to any other device, I keep the volume to max. This will avoid too high volumes on the destination device which in turn will lead to a noisy output at times as well as unwanted clicks and pops when you disconnect the cable etc. If you do keep max volume and still have issues with output, then it is the case of a bad cable or a pin inserted halfway in.

Last edited by audioholic : 30th October 2019 at 08:40.
Old 30th October 2019, 08:57   #13957
Distinguished - BHPian

I say that it was a bad design / concept. You connect the aux device, turn up the Vol in both places. Next when you have to switch source, the vol is too high. The logic cant be this bad.
Old 30th October 2019, 13:42   #13958
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
You connect the aux device, turn up the Vol in both places. .

Quoting what I said:
Quote:
But in general, whenever I connect the output of my phone to any other device, I keep the volume to max. This will avoid too high volumes on the destination device
Where I meant, keeping the volume at max on the device will avoid having to turn up volume on the destination, ie your car HU or any other Audio receiver. Of course, the logic wont be that bad as to require you to turn up volume in both places, which means the culprit is something else.
Old 30th October 2019, 14:55   #13959
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys..

I am planning to upgrade my Tata Tigor XZA's HU and the Dealer's accessory guys suggested me Blaupunkt Long Beach 970 (Total Rs.32, 500 including stereo frame. harness and fitting charges)

This system comes with 9'' digital TFT capacitive type display, Android 6.0 OS, 2GB RAM/16GB Flash storage, Navigation ready, phoneLINK, flac compatible, WiFi/Internet access, WiFi hotspot, Built-in Bluetooth, 2X Rear USB, Rear AV input, Rear view camera input, Steering wheel control input, video output etc.

Any suggestions/opinion?
Old 3rd November 2019, 19:48   #13960
BHPian

ICE for a planned CIAZ upgrade

I am in the advanced stages of purchasing a new CIAZ (Alpha 225 DDIS). My commute is about 30 kms one way either through the city or across the ORR (HSR to Manyata). I spend about 3-4 hours in the car and hence a good quality ICE is paramount for me.

I am soliciting an advise on upgrading the ICE system. The Nexa folks have agreed to do the ICE upgrade for me (while keeping warranty intact). They have Hertz speakers, Subs and Amplifiers. I have used Hertz Deci speakers a decade back on my old Palio and I was satisfied with them.

My specific questions are -
  • Any precautions that I should take?
  • What would a good setup look like (Can I use components in my rear given that there may be no provisions for a Tweeter? How many amps of what configs)?
  • Should I be looking at using a DSP?
My questions may be limited as my knowledge in this area is limited and hence please provide as much information as possible.

Last edited by navin : 4th November 2019 at 11:39. Reason: spaces
Old 4th November 2019, 11:43   #13961
Team-BHP Support

Re: ICE for a planned CIAZ upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombiee View Post
I am in the advanced stages of purchasing a new CIAZ (Alpha 225 DDIS). My commute is about 30 kms one way either through the city or across the ORR (HSR to Manyata). I spend about 3-4 hours in the car and hence a good quality ICE is paramount for me.

I am soliciting an advise on upgrading the ICE system. The Nexa folks have agreed to do the ICE upgrade for me (while keeping warranty intact). They have Hertz speakers, Subs and Amplifiers. I have used Hertz Deci speakers a decade back on my old Palio and I was satisfied with them.

My specific questions are -
  • Any precautions that I should take?
  • What would a good setup look like (Can I use components in my rear given that there may be no provisions for a Tweeter? How many amps of what configs)?
  • Should I be looking at using a DSP?
My questions may be limited as my knowledge in this area is limited and hence please provide as much information as possible.
What type of ICE upgrade are you planning?
Are you planning to keep the OEM Head Unit?
  1. Damp the doors.
  2. Use the prescribed connectors (aka do not cut wire and join them using electrical tape).
  3. For the rear speakers, stick to Coax speakers. Remember in small sedans the tweeter of the rear door mounted speaker can be closed to the ear of the front passengers than the front tweeter and that can mess with the imaging for the front passengers.
  4. Keep upgrades simple - Components in the front, Coax in the rear, small subwoofer in the trunk. Power them using either a single 4 channel amp or at best add a monoblock for the subwoofer.
  5. Did I say, Damp the doors? It is worth repeating this. This is the cheapest upgrade anyone can do.
navin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2019, 11:59   #13962
BHPian

Re: ICE for a planned CIAZ upgrade

Quote:
[*]Did I say, Damp the doors? It is worth repeating this. This is the cheapest upgrade anyone can do.[/list]
Very very true, just damping the doors in my sx4 changed the complete way the music system sounds in my car. Bass was much more tighter and even my doors now close with a thud.
Old 14th November 2019, 01:30   #13963

Hi I just bought the Ciaz Alpha Petrol automatic smart hybrid I’m not too happy with the current car entertainment system sound. Planing to upgrade my speakers and power them with an amp keeping the oem head unit. A couple of questions will this void my warranty the vendor I’m planing to use claims he will install it in a super smart way so no one would detect that I have added something, also will thus effect my car battery since the car is a smart hybrid ? My plan is to use components in front and co axial at the back nothing too fancy and big... Any advice on what I should put in terms of precautions on voltage etc so I don’t mess up my battery etc. Thanks in advance...

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th November 2019 at 03:34. Reason: See note in post.
Old 14th November 2019, 04:43   #13964
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Hi Experts,

I am looking for speaker upgrade or sub woofer / amp addition on my Ameo.

The stock speakers by VW are relatively good but looking to spend around 6-7k to better them.

What makes more sense? Upgrade the existing speakers to JBL or something better or addition of sub woofer / amplifier?

Please suggest and preferably with Amazon.in links to purchase.
Depends on what sort of music you prefer.

If you are into punchy, bassy tracks, Upgrade to a sub with a monoblock amp. It will set you back by 15k atleast, if you get a good wiring kit, a JBL amp and Blaupunkt sub. This is how my Ameo is setup as of now, and I just turn the amp off or use the equalizer when I listen to softer music

Note: downside of having a sub when you are on a family trip, luggage space is compromised and the bass will not usually sit well with some people even in normal tracks unless you tone it down.
t3ofil4us is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2019, 13:42   #13965

Quote:
Originally Posted by makatak View Post
Hi I just bought the Ciaz Alpha Petrol automatic smart hybrid I’m not too happy with the current car entertainment system sound. Planing to upgrade my speakers and power them with an amp keeping the oem head unit. A couple of questions will this void my warranty the vendor I’m planing to use claims he will install it in a super smart way so no one would detect that I have added something, also will thus effect my car battery since the car is a smart hybrid ? My plan is to use components in front and co axial at the back nothing too fancy and big... Any advice on what I should put in terms of precautions on voltage etc so I don’t mess up my battery etc. Thanks in advance...

Thanks[/b]
Hi Car Audio experts any advice on the above ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks