Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2018, 20:29   #13801
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ofil4us View Post
The San Marino seems to have all that I need from a HU as of now(Aux, usb, mirror link, Bluetooth and touch screen interface)

Went for the Saint Louis 350 instead on the basis of a colleagues advice, also installed all 4 components in the doors with the Blaupunkt GTB and the JBL GT5 Dual Channel Amp that I have been holding onto for a while. The sound is divine, crystal clear and the Bass is slightly on the higher side. Planning to install a separate switch on the remote wire for the Amp to turn it off when I ferry my parents as they are not too keen.

Speakers: Blaupunknt Pure Components 66.2 C
Head Unit: Blaupunkt Saint Louis 350
Sub Woofer: Blaupunkt GTB
Amp (sub only - bridged)- JBL GT5-S422
Wiring Kit - Fusion / (with the Fuse)

Learnt a fun fact that local installers skip the Fuse installation as typically people do not understand its benefits. Thanks to Team-BHP, I ensured it was in place before the Amp was installed.

Installer came home and did everything in my presence, installer insisted I go for these components from Blau as I was not investing in an Amp for the comps and swore by the quality of Blaupunkt.

Definitely recommend the Blaupunkt HU, Component speakers and the Sub!
Old 26th December 2018, 16:59   #13802
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi guys! Please suggest any head unit from a good brand which has the following features:
1. Capacitive touch screen
2. Android Auto
3. Apple carplay
4. CD/DVD slot
5. Bluetooth
6. Steering controls integration

Thanks in advance!
Old 26th December 2018, 17:26   #13803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepakS View Post
Hi guys! Please suggest any head unit from a good brand which has the following features:
2. Android Auto
3. Apple carplay
4. CD/DVD slot
5. Bluetooth

Thanks in advance!
I think many high end systems don't offer CD/DVD slot. You might want to check Sony XAV 5000.
Old 26th December 2018, 17:35   #13804
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a budget touchscreen Head Unit for my Duster. Requirements listed below:
1. Need to have at leas 2 pre-outs
2. Android Auto should be there. If not, even screen mirroring will do.
3. I am not looking for high end HUs. I am looking for something which will be better then the OE HU.
4. The microphone should be good.
5. The steering controls should be usable.

I currently use a Hi-Lo converter to split channels. I have a JBL GT 4 channel amp and a Gound zero monoblock amp. I have Alpine Components in the front and Kicker Coaxials at the rear. The sub is a 10 inch Ground zero box unit. Due to the Hi-lo converter, I cannot use the fader properly. Even the balance is also not 100% aligned. I need a HU with pre-outs to take care of this.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by adg_andy : 26th December 2018 at 17:38.
Old 27th December 2018, 14:20   #13805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I think many high end systems don't offer CD/DVD slot. You might want to check Sony XAV 5000.
Thanks a ton brother. I will look into it.
DeepakS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 06:36   #13806

Quote:
Thanks a ton brother. I will look into it.

I have a Sony XAV 5000. Got it done by Maruti dealer as they were offering a very competitive price of ₹25k for the unit and installation. Very happy with the purchase.
Old 28th December 2018, 17:19   #13807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduks View Post
I have a Sony XAV 5000. Got it done by Maruti dealer as they were offering a very competitive price of ₹25k for the unit and installation. Very happy with the purchase.
First of all, congrats for the purchase. Secondly, it's not a competitive price, because it's MRP is INR 24,990.
Link: https://www.sony.co.in/electronics/i...ers/xav-ax5000

But anyway, how do you find the player so far? Does it have 2 USB ports, 1 for pen drive and 1 for connective AndroidAuto/AppleCarPlay? Or just 1?
And, how's does it function? Smooth?
Old 28th December 2018, 17:41   #13808

Quote:
First of all, congrats for the purchase. Secondly, it's not a competitive price, because it's MRP is INR 24,990.
=====
And, how's does it function? Smooth?

This was done 2.5 months back. Additional charges applicable were for a harness and a plate they place where the player fits in the slot to cover the gap. So that may be about ₹500. Anyway I won't be losing sleep over that

The system comes with 2 USB ports - one to connect mobile and the other for pen drive. I have an iPhone and have found the usage very smooth. Flipping across menus is just like on a mobile phone. Siri works fine and is able to pick up my commands clearly whether to call someone or reply to text or WhatsApp messages. The icons are large and well lit. Good improvement in overall sound quality even with stock speakers. Google maps works very well. I have tried using Amazon Music and that works well too.

A couple of issues though - let's say you are on google maps and you switch off your engine and turn back on, you may need to re-enter the destination at times. I can't quite figure out yet under what circumstances I lose the navigation.

The other is sometimes I am unable to add a number to speed dial - this is outside of CarPlay. Not sure why that is happening but it's only with my fathers mobile number! I tried everything possible to fix it but it doesn't work.

Other than that it's brilliant. Certainly worth the money you pay for.
manduks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2018, 19:33   #13809
BHPian

Hi All,

I am running a stock system on a grand i10 and would like to upgrade to something which offers decent bass. Not interested in getting an amplifier at the moment just the speaker upgrade to something that can offer better bass than the existing setup.

Any suggestions for a set of components that can offer good bass. My budget is around 6-7K for front set and another 5K if rear bass-centric speakers can also be squeezed in.

So a total of 12K max for the whole setup.

Thanks in advance
Old 10th January 2019, 09:05   #13810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manduks View Post

Other than that it's brilliant. Certainly worth the money you pay for.
Totally agree, hands down one of the best aftermarket units right now. I wired up one for my friend for his Verna 4S. Wired it up in such a way that we managed to retain OEM backup camera, OEM mic and OEM usb/aux port.

Major improvement in sound quality too. Carplay and Android Auto works like a charm and the capacitive touch screen is wonderful.

Guess you just can’t go wrong with this unit
Old 10th January 2019, 10:22   #13811
BHPian

Quote:
2. Android Auto
3. Apple carplay
4. CD/DVD slot
5. Bluetooth

Thanks in advance!
I have the Sony XAV-AX5000, so I’ll compare that against your list.

1. Check. Absolutely beautiful screen and brilliant touch response. There is no multitouch though
2. Check. Works. Tried with a friend’s oneplus5
3. Check. Works like a charm. iPhone X, iPhone 5S and iPhone 7 all worked.
4. Discs are dead, no new units come with a disc slot anymore. Also this Sony unit has no AUX input
5. Japanese&Korean cars need no extra hardware to integrate into the Sony Unit. It also allows you to configure the steering controls as well.

We paid 20k on Amazon. It’s a fantastic unit. Do check it out.
drhoneycake is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2019, 15:56   #13812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
I have the Sony XAV-AX5000, so I’ll compare that against your list.

1. Check. Absolutely beautiful screen and brilliant touch response. There is no multitouch though
2. Check. Works. Tried with a friend’s oneplus5
3. Check. Works like a charm. iPhone X, iPhone 5S and iPhone 7 all worked.
4. Discs are dead, no new units come with a disc slot anymore. Also this Sony unit has no AUX input
5. Japanese&Korean cars need no extra hardware to integrate into the Sony Unit. It also allows you to configure the steering controls as well.

We paid 20k on Amazon. It’s a fantastic unit. Do check it out.

There! A high end system without an AUX port? How uncool! It's not like it's a deal breaker tho, but to have it would be nice.

Thanks for your inputs. Really helpful.
Old 12th January 2019, 13:36   #13813
BHPian

Was planning to install aftermarket CD player in Alto K10 CNG (which does not have factory cd player)

Opened up dash compartment and noticed NO factory HU wiring harness at all. K10 CNG does not have factory cd player, and hence they skipped it's wiring harness as well!!

Now how can i connect cd player without any harness?
From where to tap power, ignition wires mainly?
Old 15th January 2019, 22:44   #13814
BHPian

Hey folks!

So after 4+ years the ICE bug has bitten me again

This time I need to spice up my Ecosport. I already have the following equipment with me which I have scavenged from my earlier ride:

Rockford 6.5" Components
JBL GT-X646 4 channel Amp
JBL GT-X424 2 channel Amp

Now I need to buy:
- A pair of co-axials for the rear doors (preferably Rockford again to maintain the same sound signature)
- A good SQ subwoofer (again inclined towards the Rockford R1S412 since I am using a Rockford Punch series subwoofer in my Scorpio and pretty happy with tight and non-boomy bass).
- Wiring kit
- Hi Lo Converter
- Damping (not sure if this is a must)

Planning to power the 4 speakers with the 4 channel amp and drive the Sub with the 2 channel amp. My amp doesn't have speaker level inputs. On all my previous rides I had swapped the OE head unit with aftermarket head units but this is not possible with my Ecosport. So my confusion is regarding the Hi-Lo converters (which I have never used before). Since I am connecting 2 amps, is one 4 channel converter sufficient?

What are the good quality LOC's available for a mid-range setup like this? I visited Hot Tracks and to my surprise they quoted me 5.5k for a Scosche converter. I had no idea these converters were this expensive. As per them the next cheaper option are chinese ones which would cost 3250 or so.

A brief internet search popped up a 4 channel converter from Rockford which is available online for 4k at the official site. I would rather go for this than settle for some chinese unknown brands. I am also aware of the Pioneer DEQ-S1000A but this out of my budget and I feel this would be an overkill for my simple requirements.

Am I thinking too much about this simple device?
Old 17th January 2019, 15:37   #13815
BHPian

Okay, so I visited a few shops around my area to enquire about the Hi-lo converter and subwoofer. One shop had a LOC with 6 channel output including a bass controller (similar to the controller I have for my other monoblock). Not sure of the brand but he said it's decent and tested on other installs as well.

Regarding the subwoofer, my first choice was the Rockford R1S412, mainly because I'm using it's elder cousin in my other car and am happy with the tight and hard hitting / non-boomy bass. The guy did have this in stock. He also suggested I try out the Polk Audio DB1240 (?) or Cerwin Vega subs which according to him are a notch above the entry level Rockford. Now this has added more confusion since I have no experience with Polk / Cerwin Vega. I might swap my 2 channel amp for a higher rated mono sometime in the future, so should I go for slightly higher rated subs? The Rockford is rated 200W and the Polk is rated 360W.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks