Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st October 2018, 18:42   #13771
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Help needed!

I have a basic, single din audio system in my car with SD card, USB and Aux inputs. Of late, I have been facing an issue where the unit doesn't recognise the SD card and USB as input sources when they are already plugged in. However, if I remove and reinsert them, they are recognized and songs are played seamlessly - only until I switch the unit off. Post that, the problem is repeated.

What could be the issue, and the (preferably DIY) solution?
Old 1st November 2018, 12:22   #13772
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
Help needed!

I have a basic, single din audio system in my car with SD card, USB and Aux inputs. Of late, I have been facing an issue where the unit doesn't recognise the SD card and USB as input sources when they are already plugged in. However, if I remove and reinsert them, they are recognized and songs are played seamlessly - only until I switch the unit off. Post that, the problem is repeated.

What could be the issue, and the (preferably DIY) solution?
I think this is some kind of software problem. I would take the unit to a repair shop or if it is OEM to the manufacturer.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2018, 08:35   #13773
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsrivatsa View Post
Which one did you go for and what has been your experience? I have a colleague of mine who is looking to decide between the same two models. Any inputs would be very helpful.
I didn't go for either. The main purpose of changing the headunit for me was to improve the sound output for the new speaker setup. However I went for a better amp with an inbuilt dsp.

Also, a couple of weeks back I finally upgraded the sound system of my car. I would like to sincerely thank Navin and Ajay (Bass&trouble) for patiently answering all my queries.

I went ahead with the Morel Maximo Ultra 605 in the front, Morel Maximo Coax 6 at the rear and the morel primo 124 sub all this powered by a 5/6 channel amplifier-dsp from sony, the XM-GS6DSP. I must say the results have been phenomenal and I'm more than happy with this setup. The Morel speakers have a very clean output with a very detailed sound and the bass from the sub is more than adequate for my use. There is no distortion even when I push it to the highest level. The amplifier dsp combo is a lovely option for anyone looking at a similar setup. It has output for all your 4 speakers as well as your sub. Moreover you can connect your phone over Bluetooth to the amplifier directly and make use of the equalizer as well as the time alignment feature through the sony music center app. The result is a very neat setup without sacrificing on the factory look. Also, it has a small footprint so it sits comfortably under my front passenger seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-20181002_192515.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-20181002_192706.jpg  

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 2nd November 2018 at 08:39.
shreyak_ss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 11:29   #13774

Brief update
I finally decided to get Blaupunkt Montecarlo 750 for my Swift. It was a risk as there was not even a single review on the internet for this particular unit as it was new.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20181108_110634.jpg

It had all the features I needed in my budget - Android Auto, Capacitive Screen, and Steering Controls. The audio has improved compared to the stock(though that does not say much). The UI is very responsive and simple to navigate.

One thing I don't like and I overlooked is that the power supplied by the USB port is only 1.5A and my phone doesn't charge while running Android Auto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlack View Post
Hello Guys,
I have decided to upgrade my 6-year-old Swift's Stock ICE. I am mainly for Android Auto; not an AudioPhile. My budget is around 20K. I had shortlisted Sony XAV 5000 which comes to around 23K. Then, I came across Blaupunkt Montecarlo 750 which comes to less than 17K which has all the requirements I need( Capacitive screen, Steering controls, dual USB). But I could not find a single review of the unit online.

https://www.blaupunkt.com/in/nc/prod.../single/17071/

Have anybody installed this?

Are there any other models I should be looking at this price point?
MidnightBlack is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th November 2018, 13:54   #13775
BHPian

Quote:
Brief update
I finally decided to get Blaupunkt Montecarlo 750 for my Swift. It was a risk as there was not even a single review on the internet for this particular unit as it was new.

Attachment 1816572

It had all the features I needed in my budget - Android Auto, Capacitive Screen, and Steering Controls. The audio has improved compared to the stock(though that does not say much). The UI is very responsive and simple to navigate.

One thing I don't like and I overlooked is that the power supplied by the USB port is only 1.5A and my phone doesn't charge while running Android Auto.
Congrats on purchase.

Even I stumbled upon this product through a Team-BHP ad. With its ongoing online purchase offer its even more tempting.

https://montecarlo.blaupunktindia.in/

Does it play video songs from YouTube? Are you using any reverse cam with this?
Old 9th November 2018, 16:06   #13776
Senior - BHPian

Hi guys, anyone heard about Blaupunkt Costa Mesa 900, especially w.r.t upgrade for a VW?
They are selling for about INR 25k in offline as well as online store.
Old 11th November 2018, 21:37   #13777
BHPian

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a n...

For the experts here, how would the pairing of JBL 609C go with a Clarion APA450 Amplifier while retaining my current Pioneer Mixtrax FH-X555UI Headunit? Are there better components to go for around a similar price range? Been toying of buying it online, unless someone recommends a good outlet to purchase audio equipment from in Mumbai? Have heard contrasting opinions of sourcing stuff from Opera House.

For the moment deciding to go just with the fronts, won't be changing the rear two speakers just yet..
Old 11th November 2018, 23:53   #13778
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a n...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandit View Post
Unless someone recommends a good outlet to purchase audio equipment from in Mumbai? Have heard contrasting opinions of sourcing stuff from Opera House.
Check with fellow bhp-ian @ramie2400

He specializes in car audio installs and his place is located somewhere in Andheri east I believe.
sidpunjabi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2018, 07:25   #13779

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh041086 View Post

Does it play video songs from YouTube? Are you using any reverse cam with this?
By default, Android Auto does not support anything distracting to the driver, like videos, to be put on the screen. But if you are ready to get your hands dirty and root your phone, you can install third-party apps to play youtube on android auto screen.
Old 12th November 2018, 11:33   #13780
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Brief update
Good stuff.
How's your initial experience, do share some review comments. What did you compare it against?
Old 12th November 2018, 14:36   #13781
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshMachine View Post
Good stuff.
How's your initial experience, do share some review comments. What did you compare it against?
+1

Upon seeing the offer on the head unit, I too decided to purchase one online. The final price was 15.5k which was pretty good. I was initially looking towards buying an Android Head unit from Aliexpress, but the reliability and quality of these units was putting me away. Went for this head unit but thinking whether I should swap the old school head unit in my SX4 or the much better one in Celerio with this one. I didnt find any review of the same nor any installation details. I am going to do a DIY install once I return from Germany. Hence, by then I would benefit from any review and impressions so that I can decide where to install the new HU.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2018, 23:30   #13782
BHPian

Need advice from gurus. Yesterday I upgraded the ICE on my 2015 Creta. Now the setup is:-

Pioneer S1000A DSP
JBL GTO609C in the front
Stock Speakers in rear doors
Blaupunkt GTB 8200A active Sub

Problem:- I am hearing a cracking noise from front right speaker and tweeter. After debugging the issue for more than 2 hours it was concluded that the noise is coming from the head-unit, since the noise is still there if we connect the speakers directly to the head-unit. When I discussed the issue with Pioneer representative, he told me this is a known issues with Creta Head-units which has inbuilt navigation.
I understand that if there is noise coming from head-unit, it will indeed be amplified by the DSP-AMP.
So, what is the way forward now. Do I need to change the Head-unit also or is there an alternative?

Last edited by sam_hyd : 20th November 2018 at 23:54.
Old 26th November 2018, 12:33   #13783
BHPian

Hi all

Last Saturday, I changed the Stock Speakers of my Honda City with the below items.

1. Flux Neo 260 Comps Front
2. Memphis SR Comps Rear ( For filling sound in Rear)
3. Flux Neo 75.4 Amplifier (4 Channel Amp for driving above)
4. CTK Damping all 4 doors
5. Pioneer S1000A DSP
6. DLS HI LO Converters
7. Cerwin Vega wiring Kit

In second Phase, may be I will go for Under Seat Active Sub , actually I have heard little of Flex Speakers and Amp. So please tell me how good are these models, as sound wise they are good.

Secondly please suggest some good Under Seat Active Sub models.
Old 27th November 2018, 13:44   #13784
Senior - BHPian

Folks audio has been installed in my car:

80 PRS headunit
Audison Voce Components in the front
Focal Auditor Components in the back
12 inch DVC Pioneer Champion Series Subwoofer in a Vented box in the boot
Kenwood Excelon 900-5 class D 5 channel amp
Damping all around and top quality wiring.

Now I have 2 issues which I would like addressed by the experts before I go back to my installer to finish minor details. There is high pitched noise coming from the system that is proportionate to the engine revs. Someone said that the wiring should be routed away from the main wiring or something can anyone explain to me what exactly this means? So that I can convey it to my installer? Anything else I should look into to get this noise to go away? Next question is, I have about 8 kilos of damping sheets left over even after generously using damping sheets all around the vehicle. My installer said that we could put them in the roof. Considering there are no audible vibrations either inside or outside the car, he said this would not help the audio listening experience but it would mean hushed patter of raindrops in the rains and less intrusion of heat into the cabin under the sun. Both are features that would be nice to have, but I am apprehensive about this. Is it easy to apply to the roof? Will there be any complications? Is it worth it? Or should I just give away those extra damping sheets to a friend or someone else who might need it for their audio install?
Old 12th December 2018, 08:54   #13785
BHPian

Hi all:

Need some advise on ICE upgrade of my first gen Fortuner. Have been running the stock setup since 2010. Now the original head unit is behaving strangely in all manners. So have decided to change the unit. Android auto is a primary requirement. Have zeroed down to Pioneer Z5190BT. I believe the speakers will also need to be changed.

Now the problem starts here. I would love to have nice speaker sets and sub powered by an amp. But I am a sucker for keeping the car in stock condition. I am petrified by the thought of grease monkeys opening all the panels and introducing rattles. So far the car is running rattle free.

I was thinking of doing only the head unit and speaker upgrade. Front Components and rear Coaxs and use the existing stock wiring. This way it will be minimum fiddling with the car. Also can i add a small sub in the back since the head unit has sub out. The sub needs to be removable since space is a constraint during highway drives.

Request speakers for above. Budget 20K for the speakers. My listening requirements are as below. These I copied from one of the bhpians here for identical requirements

"I travel with alone 80% of the times and 20% of the times with family - So space is a constraint

2) I listen to classic rock and some guitar and sitar so the clarity with decent bass is critical for me.

3) Tweeter quality is paramount. I do not want shrill sounds from the tweeter. They need to be smooth. The car is used for highway drives for days together, so anything shrill will just cause a headache.

4) Bass requirement is only for soothing and not for the boom boom effect

5) I will never play music at the highest volume etc. I want my system to be crystal clear even at low volumes "

Please suggest speakers for above.

Also if adding a small sub fed from head unit will do good ?

Please help.

/C

Last edited by aah78 : 1st April 2019 at 20:00. Reason: i->I

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks