Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2005, 09:48   #1351
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcard
Pioneer HU 5750
Pioneer 6" 140w speakers in the front doors
Rockford Fosgate Tweeters 10-40W on the A pillars
6x9 4way Jbl speakers in the rear on MDF parcel tray.
...wouldnt like to trash any of the speakers as they are jus 3 months old. i have abt 8 to 10k for an upgrade! and I'am a 37yr old physician ! pls give ur advice Sam,Navin...
1. Get a good amp. u can get the sony 504 for 4K or the JBL 50.4 etc.Sam will fill in the prices and stuff. I am useless.
2. where are those tweeters. on the front A pillars? Yikes dont tell us you damaged the A pillars to gt teh tweeter in there. if not maybe a nicer location would be the left and right external mirror pods.
3. I would seriously consider replacing the front speakers when you think you can part with them.
Old 9th September 2005, 10:24   #1352
BHPian

Thanks Zehar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
how much tweaking do you need. almos tall amps have LFPs and HPFs and these are quite usable. some amps even have bass tuning options which where many of the problems lie and if one really is into tweaking one can tinker with the XO of the speakers.

I prefer to have a HU that was sober. All those lights cost money and i'd prefer the money go into better ICs and Power supply. Old saying "if you want lights get a christmass tree" I think Edgar Vilchur (father of the Acoustic Suspension loudspeaker and founder of Acoustic Research said that). Anyone remember the AR 3a, 2ax, and 2a from the late 60s early 70s. Driven by an Avery Fisher TX100 (25W rms) those speakers made music. Yeah and the Saul Marantz model 9 tuner. now i'm hallucinating again.

So Navin sir, what would you suggest finally...

Blaupunkt Bermuda MP35 or Sony 5510.

(Keeping in mind mainly performance and reliability with normal/written cds. Display etc is not imp. "Ease of use" to a certain extent)

A critical analysis and an opinion would definitely help.... as I plan to do the installation tomorrow, so have to confirm with the dealer today itself.

Guys... pour in yaar.
Old 9th September 2005, 10:40   #1353
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia
So Navin sir, what would you suggest finally...
(Keeping in mind mainly performance and reliability with normal/written cds. Display etc is not imp. "Ease of use" to a certain extent)
If it were me I'd get the Blaupunkt. Now take this with a huge table spoon of salt. I have not heard either HU. I am giving this suggestion purely on the reputation of the 2 companyies. Besies I know Mico are very good at service but then so is Sony (atleast the service guy i went to).

Both HUs are fairly simple to use. Sony might offer more features like number of pre-outs and subwoofer control but Aseem and co will be better positioned to answer this.
Old 9th September 2005, 10:40   #1354
BHPian

AFter seeing yesterday Blaupunkt Bermuda MP35 model, went to their site to see specs. It is not listed on the site. Might be old model so; I withdrew my decision to consider and went further with Sony 5510X

http://www.blaupunkt.co.in/car_radios_41.asp

my 2 cents
Old 9th September 2005, 10:48   #1355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
If it were me I'd get the Blaupunkt. Now take this with a huge table spoon of salt. I have not heard either HU. I am giving this suggestion purely on the reputation of the 2 companyies. Besies I know Mico are very good at service but then so is Sony (atleast the service guy i went to).

Both HUs are fairly simple to use. Sony might offer more features like number of pre-outs and subwoofer control but Aseem and co will be better positioned to answer this.

hmmm.. thanks navin.

Aseem bhai and company... kidhar gaye yaar
Old 9th September 2005, 10:58   #1356
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
do special wire come with the jbl speakers please help.how are they better than the normal onees
When you say you got wires with your monoblock, make sure you're not talking about the JBL Sub-Con Kit. JBL makes a kit that comprises of a super thick battery wire, a fantastic RCA cable an earthing cable and some rocking spkr wire. Though this kit is sold at about 3000/-, some schemes allow dealers to offer it FOC with some amps.
If thats the kit you're talking about, it's a killer wiring kit.
However if you're talking about the wires that come in the speaker box, they're good. Not great, or something to write home about. They're just a little better than normal free speaker cable.
That said, very few people can distinguish between speaker cables in a moving car.
Old 9th September 2005, 11:01   #1357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuderia
2 Entirely different head units. Earlier I would have said Sony, as it's good sound and good VFM but the past few incidents with the 5510 have left me a little unsure.
As a company blaupunkt make quality products. Their Indian representatives MICO are legendary for customer backup.
You cant go wrong. Go where the force leads you, young skywalker.
Old 9th September 2005, 11:04   #1358
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

well scuderia if u can put up with the looks of the blaupunkts then u can go ahead with them..as navin said in another thread "just checked out the blaupunkts. ouch. i need sunglasses",they are that jangy trust me..but the sonys are a real vfm,looks simple and sounds amazing..i have a 5510 and it sounds amazing..and the sonys have pretty simple display and good features too..and if u happen to buy the blaus,do post pics of the HU and also dont forget to post the sunglasses for me and navin too
Old 9th September 2005, 11:05   #1359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
2 Entirely different head units. Earlier I would have said Sony, as it's good sound and good VFM but the past few incidents with the 5510 have left me a little unsure.
As a company blaupunkt make quality products. Their Indian representatives MICO are legendary for customer backup.
You cant go wrong. Go where the force leads you, young skywalker.

Ur command... Obe Won Konobi

70:30 in favor of Blaupunkt now.
Old 9th September 2005, 11:07   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karthik247
hey guys, i'm planning for a new setup in my NHC

heres what i came up with:
Alpine 9831 HU
Kicker sub (15") and kicker amp
now i'm a lil confused with the speakers...thinkin abt Alpine or JBL or Kicker(??)
also would u guys recommend compos?

and should i get a 2nd amp(4ch) for the rear speakers or will they work fine with the HU
If you're going for a big sub with a matching amp, please make sure that you go in for speakers with plenty of mids and highs oterwise all you will have is a BOOMER.
I recommend compos all around from any company. But please put the SAME compos all around and amplify them well. Because that 15" kicker with a monoblock will belt out some nice SPL bass and you will need some mids and highs to top that.
Old 9th September 2005, 11:20   #1361
BHPian

Sam expressed But the past few incidents with the 5510 have left me a little unsure. ... Yesterday went and paid 16K for 5510 and JBL speakers setup ...... not yet installed though !!. Donno what to do !!! Now sony has 2 years warranty, hope I will be safe for some time. Any way wish me good luck... :-)
Old 9th September 2005, 11:23   #1362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingmepal
Sam expressed But the past few incidents with the 5510 have left me a little unsure. ... Yesterday went and paid 16K for 5510 and JBL speakers setup ...... not yet installed though !!. Donno what to do !!! Now sony has 2 years warranty, hope I will be safe for some time. Any way wish me good luck... :-)
Guess u need that...

How much did the Sony cost u with B&W for 2 years?
Old 9th September 2005, 11:24   #1363
lancer_mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi
When you say you got wires with your monoblock, make sure you're not talking about the JBL Sub-Con Kit. JBL makes a kit that comprises of a super thick battery wire, a fantastic RCA cable an earthing cable and some rocking spkr wire. Though this kit is sold at about 3000/-, some schemes allow dealers to offer it FOC with some amps.
i am sorry sam i had got confused.these are the wires i was talking about.he said it would cost me 2500 with a discount as i have just purchased a lot of other audio equipment.so i wanted to know if they were really worth it.
thank you for your input.

Old 9th September 2005, 12:30   #1364
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
i am sorry sam i had got confused.these are the wires i was talking about.he said it would cost me 2500 with a discount as i have just purchased a lot of other audio equipment.so i wanted to know if they were really worth it.
thank you for your input.
YES YES those wires are totally brilliant. Worth it.
Old 9th September 2005, 12:39   #1365
BHPian

Scuderia asked How much did the Sony cost u with B&W for 2 years?. Rs. 8540/- After 5% discount [ mrp 8990]
I am taking SONY decision at the same level as my Petra decision :-) Go for the best and trust your decision

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks