Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2017, 15:33   #13531
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Hi All,
Need some help here to remove some stray noise from ICE setup. Recently got a new installation of ICE done on my car with Blaupunkt GTA-470 DSP, Morel Maximo in the front and Rockford Punch P1S412 subwoofer in a sealed box. Input to the amp is from an LOC from the OEM system of i20 Elite AVN and only the front outs are used. Now, without connecting the sub, it all sounds pretty good. But there is an issue with the subwoofer connection. Basically in the Blaupunkt GTA-470 DSP, there is a Sub pre out option and the same can be routed to Rear in to power the sub by bridging the rear posts. And that's what I've done. But with that, whenever I try to increase the gain to may be around 35-40% or more, there is a loud buzzing noise from the sub, as if some stray power noise that have sipped in. If I keep the gains at less than 40% then there is absolutely no noise and the whole setup sounds ok.
This sound is there even if the pre-out inputs (for the fronts) are not connected, so I guess we can leave the source or LOC out of it. It's as if like the subwoofer pre-out in the amp is picking up some stray noise and pushing that to the input. I am kind of suspecting the ground but I am not sure how to check if it is actually the ground.
Can it be power line if not ground? But in that case shouldn't even fronts would have similar noise?
Or in worst case scenario, can it be any issue with the Amplifier itself?
PS: There is no such noise from the front speakers at any gain settings.
Regards,
Hi Kaushik,

I had done an installation recently in similar fashion on my Vento. Same amp but blaupunkt velocity components in front and blaupunkt 1200 hp sub. When the installer did the sub connection the way you did, there was significant bass distortion even at lower gain settings itself. So he used RCA splitters to split the front preout signals and connect the 2nd pair to rear channel inputs of the amp. Fronts are HPF and Rear (being sub essentially) is LPF. We cannot use the sub woofer DSP settings by this connection method, but there was no distortion, so i am continuing with this setup. Bass is good so nothing is lost much.

In your case you say its noise but may be you can try this connection method and check.
senthils27 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2017, 12:10   #13532
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by senthils27 View Post
Hi Kaushik,

I had done an installation recently in similar fashion on my Vento. Same amp but blaupunkt velocity components in front and blaupunkt 1200 hp sub. When the installer did the sub connection the way you did, there was significant bass distortion even at lower gain settings itself. So he used RCA splitters to split the front preout signals and connect the 2nd pair to rear channel inputs of the amp. Fronts are HPF and Rear (being sub essentially) is LPF. We cannot use the sub woofer DSP settings by this connection method, but there was no distortion, so i am continuing with this setup. Bass is good so nothing is lost much.

In your case you say its noise but may be you can try this connection method and check.
Thanks for the response. Yeah, I did think of taking the Rear RCA out from LOC to run the Subwoofer. But before that I want to see if anything can be done and why this issue is occuring in the first place. From your input it seems to be a common problem of this amplifier. Hope to find some kind of solution for this problem in the future.
Regards,
Old 30th August 2017, 22:36   #13533

Quote:
Originally Posted by straight6 View Post
I would suggest you avoid Pioneer and consider Sony or Alpine HU (3 pre outs) and in first phase you go with the HU and 4 speakers with damping in the doors. This will give you such good mid bass that in the second phase you can go with just an amplifier and then decide if you want a sub.

If you think you don't want a sub more powerful than a 300w rms, go with a 5ch amp so it will give you the option to run 4 speakers and the sub from 1 amplifier. The Powerbass ASA3 700.5 is what I had used and its excellent.
My phase 1 (HU + 4 speakers + damping) budget is 30K max.

HU: Sony WX-900BT - ~10K
Misc: Damping (4 sheets of cerwin vega) + spacers + finisher + spares - ~10K

Speakers: I'm left with only 10K. I am wondering if I can only go for front components at this point, and add rear coaxials in phase 2, along with 5ch amp (sub optional)

In 10K, can you suggest any good comps?
Both CV & DLS, I've read reviews saying that they lack mid bass punch.

Cerwin Vega H465C (lacks mid bass)
DLS MB 6.2 (lacks mid bass)
Morel Maximo 6 6-1/2 240W 2-Way Maximo
Polk db6502 Series Component System 6.5"

Appreciate your help!
Old 31st August 2017, 12:21   #13534
csr

ICE Gurus...
I'm looking for head-unit upgrade for my Rexton. It has stock kenwood head unit with nav/BT functionality. However looking for a upgrade mainly with following features -
1. Andriod Auto - To be able to use Google maps, mainly
2. Bluetooth with good Sound Quality - Current one is decent but looking better sound quality. I was using Jabra Freeway earlier and I'm almost getting tempted to go back to that, unless there is a system which comes closer to that sound quality.
3. External Mic - This car has a mic point above driver's head, and I expect that it is wired to connect to head unit.
4. Rear Camera - Need the system to support HD quality camera.
5. Last but not the least very good sound quality without need for amplifier, especially with good SNR for FM because that's what we listen to most of the time.

If anyone has suggestions for above requirements, please share your inputs.

I am also thinking of replacing the stock speakers as well if that helps improve sound quality, but only looking for those speakers which can replace stock speakers in their respective positions. Any suggestions for matching speakers to the system also are welcome!

Thanks in advance.
Old 31st August 2017, 17:23   #13535
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by csr View Post
1. Andriod Auto - To be able to use Google maps, mainly
2. Bluetooth with good Sound Quality
3. External Mic -
4. Rear Camera - Need the system to support HD quality camera.
5. Last but not the least very good sound quality without need for amplifier.

I am also thinking of replacing the stock speakers as well .
If you are a fan of FM I would suggest looking at Pioneer. Ever since the days of their "Super Tuner" models Pioneer has always been a little better at pulling in FM stations than most other brands.

Another good upgrade one can perform is damping the front doors. Dampmat Extreme is an industry standard now and is easily available as are other brands. Stick to those that are butyl rubber based instead of asphalt based.

For the speakers consider the entry level DLS, Focal, or Morel.
Old 31st August 2017, 17:32   #13536

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baagi View Post
=======
Appreciate your help!
Adding another component to my above list.
Alpine SPR-60

To re-iterate, I am looking for punchy mids, as I'm not going with sub and amplifier at this time.
I mainly listen to EDM, Bollywood dance numbers and melodies.

Thanks!
Old 1st September 2017, 06:03   #13537

Quote:
Adding another component to my above list

Thanks!
ICE gurus.. Any help here please?

I am looking for punchy mids, as I'm not going with sub and amplifier at this time.

Speakers: I'm left with only 10K. I am wondering if I can only go for front components at this point, and add rear coaxials in phase 2, along with 5ch amp (sub optional)

Alpine SPR-60
Cerwin Vega H465C (lacks mid bass??)
DLS MB 6.2 (lacks mid bass??)

Both CV & DLS, I've read reviews saying that they lack mid bass punch. Is it true??

Appreciate your help!
Old 1st September 2017, 17:58   #13538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Both CV & DLS, I've read reviews saying that they lack mid bass punch.

Cerwin Vega H465C (lacks mid bass)
DLS MB 6.2 (lacks mid bass)

Appreciate your help!
Quote:
Adding another component to my above list.
Alpine SPR-60

To re-iterate, I am looking for punchy mids, as I'm not going with sub and amplifier at this time.

Thanks!
I'm confused. Is that what you already have or are have you shortlisted those?
Old 1st September 2017, 18:10   #13539

Quote:
I'm confused. Is that what you already have or are have you shortlisted those?
Thanks for replying straight6.
No. I haven't done any modifications to my factory speakers or hu yet. I'm having 2009 ivtec Honda City.

All options mentioned above are my shortlisted items.
Old 2nd September 2017, 09:54   #13540
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for replying straight6.
No. I haven't done any modifications to my factory speakers or hu yet. I'm having 2009 ivtec Honda City.

All options mentioned above are my shortlisted items.
With the budget you have, I would recommend to go ahead with Polk 6502 or Morel Maximo. Polk got slightly better mid range, where as Morel is bit warm sounding upper end. You won't go wrong with either.
I am using Morel Maximo, where as suggested Polk db to few guys are all of us are more than happy with the outcome.
Old 2nd September 2017, 10:34   #13541

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetorque View Post
With the budget you have, I would recommend to go ahead with Polk 6502 or Morel Maximo. Polk got slightly better mid range, where as Morel is bit warm sounding upper end. You won't go wrong with either.
I am using Morel Maximo, where as suggested Polk db to few guys are all of us are more than happy with the outcome.
Thanks lovetorque for responding. Appreciate it.

Would you or any ICE gurus suggest I change anything else in my plan below?

Phase 1 (current): (HU + Front component speakers + damping) budget is 30K max.
Phase 2: Rear coaxials + Amp
Phase 3: Sub + Mono Amp

Q) This has separate sub output. Will I need another mono amp for sub?

Speakers: Polk db6502 Series Component System 6.5"

Q) How will these sound without amplifier?

Misc: Damping (4 sheets for 4 doors) + spacers + finisher + spares - ~10K

Appreciate your help!
Old 4th September 2017, 07:11   #13542

Quote:

Appreciate your help!
Bump! Please advise.
Old 4th September 2017, 22:16   #13543
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Appreciate your help!
You may also consider a 5ch amp if you're not looking for a very loud system. This will power all 4 speakers and the sub (upto 400rms usually). You save space and money.

Any speaker will always sound best with an amp.

The price you have quoted for the hu is way too much. Please pm me.
Old 5th September 2017, 05:49   #13544

Quote:
You may also consider a 5ch amp if you're not looking for a very loud system. This will power all 4 speakers and the sub (upto 400rms usually). You save space and money.

Any speaker will always sound best with an amp.

The price you have quoted for the hu is way too much. Please pm me.
Unfortunately I do not have permission to use PM.
Can you please send me an email? bhargavkota85 is gmail id.

I believe you are already using this HU if I am not wrong. Can we use the sub output in that to connect to a sub directly? What is the power it can drive?
Old 16th September 2017, 22:43   #13545
BHPian

Hello BHPians,

I am planning to buy Kenwood 2 din stereo from US for my Vento. Should I buy the steering wheel interface kit from there? They cost upwards of 70$ and it seems expensive. Can I get at lower price here? Appreciate your feedback if anyone is using specifically for Kenwood/Volkswagen combo.

Thanks,

Senthil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks