Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2017, 23:34   #13456
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

I dont know about unplug brand. I have tried 2 kits. First one I got, I sent it back. Second one, I used only some of it - the 4 ga wire, the fuse and some connectors.
Old 28th March 2017, 14:34   #13457
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi,

Contacted the blaupunkt with the invoice details and the part number and got the reply saying that its genuine and only invoice is enough for warranty claim. Thanks to fellow 1.6 owner Warun for this. Warranty is one year from the date of invoice.

So, going ahead with the installation today or tomorrow.

Girish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Girish, I received the amplifier today. It does not contain a warranty card however the amp was in a sealed packing.

I will be installing it over the weekend and will get back on how it is performing.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by girishv : 28th March 2017 at 14:35. Reason: Added warranty duration
girishv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 15:59   #13458
BHPian

Hi,

It seems my DD CM 1000 has gone kaput due to water damage after a car service. I had initially purchased CM 1000 to power DD 2515 but later upgraded to Rainbow Germanium GL-S12.
So I am looking for a replacement amplifier, kindly provide options as to which mono amplifier should I purchase for GL-S12.

Also any advice to salvage CM 1000 would be appreciated
Old 30th March 2017, 17:04   #13459
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
upgraded to Rainbow Germanium GL-S12.
So I am looking for a replacement amplifier, kindly provide options as to which mono amplifier should I purchase for GL-S12.
Not easy to say if the CM1000 can be salvaged or not.

JL makes a few affordable 1000W amps. The HD/1200 might be your best bet. it is fairly compact.
http://intl.jlaudio.com/hd1200-1-car...plifiers-98250
then there is the Slash 1200
http://intl.jlaudio.com/1200-1v3-car...plifiers-98352
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 18:16   #13460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Not easy to say if the CM1000 can be salvaged or not.

JL makes a few affordable 1000W amps. The HD/1200 might be your best bet. it is fairly compact.
http://intl.jlaudio.com/hd1200-1-car...plifiers-98250
then there is the Slash 1200
http://intl.jlaudio.com/1200-1v3-car...plifiers-98352
Thank you sir for your quick response. I would like to know do I really need 1000W+ amp for GL-S12? Can you please check specifications and confirm?
Would 600-700W amplifiers be sufficient to power it?

Thanks
Old 31st March 2017, 11:17   #13461
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogiii View Post
Thank you sir for your quick response. I would like to know do I really need 1000W+ amp for GL-S12? Can you please check specifications and confirm? Would 600-700W amplifiers be sufficient to power it? Thanks
It depends on the box it is in and the SPL you intend to achieve. If for example it is in a small (sub 30L) sealed box you would need more power to achieve the same SPL compared to say a larger (greater than 40L) ported box. Do keep in mind that a 1000W amp only gives you about 3db more SPL than a 500W amp (provided the subwoofer's physical limits have not been breached).

A subwoofer's physical limits depends on many factors.
1. The frequency you are measuring at (for example a subwoofer will need to move more at 50hz than at 100hz for the same SPL).
2. The SPL you are producing
these again are dependent on the music, box design, cabin etc..

Last edited by navin : 31st March 2017 at 11:20.
Old 3rd April 2017, 13:37   #13462
BHPian

I require advice for ICE on Isuzu Vcross.

1. Head Unit with Navigation and Rear Camera, also compatibility with steering controls.
2. Front Speakers size and compatible models. Preferably twitters should be included instead of separate placement on A pillars.
3. Rear Speakers size and compatible models.
4. Amplifier suitable to drive the speakers.
5. Powered Subwoofer that can fit in the clubby space on the left side under the rear seat.
6. Budget 60-140k

Currently use the following setup in a SUV that i plan to dispose off.
Masconi DSP
Rainbow DL 6.5" component speakers at front plus twitters on A pillars
Rainbow DL 6.5" coaxial speakers at rear on tailgate
Rainbow Beat 4 amplifier for speakers
Rainbow DL 12" Subwoofer
Rainbow Beat 1+ amplifier for the sub.
Old 5th April 2017, 12:20   #13463
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
Thanks a lot. Did you try to contact the seller about the warranty card?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
Aah, so it's the same curious case of missing warranty cards.
An update on the warranty card.

I had contacted Paytm regarding the missing warranty card. They contacted the seller and I was informed that the warranty card will be delivered to me in 3-4 days. Paytm however changed their stand later and said that the Paytm invoice is equivalent to the warranty card. I rubbished this and was adamant on the warranty card. Eventually it all worked out and I was delivered my warranty card yesterday:

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_2047.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_2048.jpg

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th April 2017, 13:10   #13464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
An update on the warranty card.

I had contacted Paytm regarding the missing warranty card. They contacted the seller and I was informed that the warranty card will be delivered to me in 3-4 days. Paytm however changed their stand later and said that the Paytm invoice is equivalent to the warranty card. I rubbished this and was adamant on the warranty card. Eventually it all worked out and I was delivered my warranty card yesterday:
Best,
Enigmatic
That's great. I'll also call up Amazon and demand for the warranty card.

BTW, got the amp installed last Saturday. Also found a set of Morel Maximo speakers and bought them and got them installed too. The speakers are from the old stock but they are sounding very nice and does have 1 year warranty. The sound is very sweet with the amp and speaker combination . Now I'm waiting for the Subwoofer to reach me to complete the setup.

PS: There is a slight jarring sound from the speakers when the amp starts (precisely when I start the engine, and not when I switch off the AVN and turn it on), specially at high volume. At low volume it's almost negligible. Can it be grounding issue or something else that should I be concerned?

Last edited by kaushik_s : 5th April 2017 at 13:11.
Old 6th April 2017, 16:02   #13465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Howdy! I was introduced to this forum by Revvhead, who I see has put up a few pictures of the old JBL palio.
Well i have a lot of pictures of great sounding cars (naturally), which i'll put up sometimes.
Nice to be here, hope to meet some interesting folks.

Ok so... I'm happy to offer advice on Car Sound. Like serious advice. I'm what you call "qualified"

Maybe i should start up a new car audio thread, dunno, help me here.
Hi Sam,
Please suggest a ICE set up for Isuzu Vcross, budget is 70-130k, if possible one single brand. I currently have a Masconi DSP, Rainbow Beat4, Beat 1+, 6.5" DL series Front Components, 6.5" DL series Rear Coaxial speakers and a 12" DL series subwoofer installed in a Scorpio which I am planning to sell without the system, so I can swap some of these parts to save some money. Please also mention a brand and model of a head unit that is compatible to the steering wheel control and also with navigation and rear camera support. thanks in advance.

Last edited by raja_ys : 6th April 2017 at 16:05.
Old 7th April 2017, 11:29   #13466
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post
Hi Sam,.
Raja, Sam Kapasi sadly passed away about 5 years ago (23rd September 2012).

I am pretty sure you can retain the Masconi DSP, and Rainbow Beat4 and Beat 1+ amps.

I am not familiar with the Isuzu Vcross so cant tell if the Rainbow 6.5" speakers will fit. I assume the subwoofer might if it is a small sealed box sub.

If the speakers all fit I would suggest that you retain all of the existing system as resale value of audio components is very poor.
Old 7th April 2017, 13:48   #13467
BHPian

Quote:

I am pretty sure you can retain the Masconi DSP, and Rainbow Beat4 and Beat 1+ amps.

I am not familiar with the Isuzu Vcross so cant tell if the Rainbow 6.5" speakers will fit. I assume the subwoofer might if it is a small sealed box sub.

If the speakers all fit I would suggest that you retain all of the existing system as resale value of audio components is very poor.
Thanks Navin for the reply. Sub woofer is a box type not a sealed type while in Isuzu we need a powered sub which can be placed under the rear seat. Front speaker slots is 6*9 oval.

Sorry about Sam, RIP
Old 7th April 2017, 17:13   #13468
BHPian

Quote:
Crap. I did not know that, and as I was reading some of his earlier threads here, I was wondering why he wasn't posting anymore. GTO usually quotes his posts as an example and that's what got me to check his stuff out. Excellent reads, all of them.

Wow. Did not expect it and I'm extremely sorry to hear this.
Old 10th April 2017, 12:05   #13469
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by raja_ys View Post
in Isuzu we need a powered sub which can be placed under the rear seat. Front speaker slots is 6*9 oval.
You can fit a 6.5" in a 6x9 slot using an adapter such as shown in the links below
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142SA6...-Brackets.html

https://www.amazon.com/Metra-82-6901.../dp/B0007WQ8XE

Underseat subwoofers like the Kenwood KSC-SW11 or Blaupunkt XLF 200A are very compact but have limited ability. They produce very little low bass, much of their energy is in the 50-100Hz band. It will never produce as much bass as the 12" Rainbow DL subwoofer you have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ach1lles View Post
Wow. Did not expect it and I'm extremely sorry to hear this.
Yes it was a sad day. That he meant so much to so many speaks volumes for the kind of person he was and how he conducted himself. You can read some of that here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...i-no-more.html

He was just 39!
Old 10th April 2017, 13:09   #13470
BHPian

Any idea how Sam passed away?

Most Viewed