Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2017, 12:15   #13411
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Attaching some photos of the possible cutout provision and the present ICE set up.

Sub : Sony 1800 W in boot
Amp : Sony Xplod 550 W beneath front driver seat
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20170223_104030.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20170223_104100.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-img_20170223_104126.jpg  

Old 24th February 2017, 01:00   #13412
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

That enclosure seems to be way too small for this sub. Please change it immediately.
Old 25th February 2017, 11:42   #13413

I need to replace the entire Sound system on my Aveo (GM)
Pls advice on the makes / model I should go in for at a reasonable budget, equipment to last say 5 years ... Can I get a decent set of below within 10K ?)

- A Player (there is space for double height), I listen to Orchestral music or Movie songs
- I mostly use USB
- Bluetooth for calls - I use an android phone
- FM well rarely
- (I dont need CD and I dont need Rear view)
- 2 x 4" round speakers in the doors
- 2 x 6" round speakers behind rear seat

Can you suggest any shop in Bangalore central / south / south east who can fix it

regards
Sanjay
Old 6th March 2017, 17:18   #13414
BHPian

Guys,

What will you suggest as an upgrade from Focal ISS-165 component speakers? The ISS-165 are good but they distort and lack clarity. Hence I am looking for speakers which provide clean vocals.

I plan to shift the ISS-165 to the back.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 6th March 2017 at 17:21.
Old 7th March 2017, 12:45   #13415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Guys,

What will you suggest as an upgrade from Focal ISS-165 component speakers? The ISS-165 are good but they distort and lack clarity. Hence I am looking for speakers which provide clean vocals.

I plan to shift the ISS-165 to the back.

Best,
Enigmatic
Quoting my post.

Would you guys recommend the Morel Tempo 6? I am getting a good deal on these speakers and the reviews online seem to suggest that it is a good component speaker.

Best,
Enigmatic
Enigmatic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 12:50   #13416
Senior - BHPian

are you sure it is the speakers which are distorting and not your amp?
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2017, 19:45   #13417
BHPian

Quote:
Quoting my post.

Would you guys recommend the Morel Tempo 6? I am getting a good deal on these speakers and the reviews online seem to suggest that it is a good component speaker.
Not used those but using Rainbow DL 6.5 components for over a year and find them good enough, provided mated with good amp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
+1 Would recommend getting amp settings checked along with wiring.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 12:18   #13418
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
Not used those but using Rainbow DL 6.5 components for over a year and find them good enough, provided mated with good amp.

+1 Would recommend getting amp settings checked along with wiring.
The ISS-165 are rated at 70W RMS and my amp (JBL GX A644SI) pumps out 60W RMS. Shouldn't this be enough to power the speakers?

P.S. A Focal wiring kit has been used.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 8th March 2017, 13:03   #13419
BHPian

Quote:
The ISS-165 are rated at 70W RMS and my amp (JBL GX A644SI) pumps out 60W RMS. Shouldn't this be enough to power the speakers?

My understanding is how much clean power is coming to Focals at 60W RMS.

I don't think amp is adequate as when you drive Focals at high volumes for extended periods. Why not at install shop get another amp put in and do the testing?

Maybe others can shed more light on this.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 14:46   #13420
BHPian

If its not too confidential, can you please share the cost and from where?
Girish

Quote:
Quoting my post.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 8th March 2017, 16:14   #13421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydj View Post
My understanding is how much clean power is coming to Focals at 60W RMS.

I don't think amp is adequate as when you drive Focals at high volumes for extended periods. Why not at install shop get another amp put in and do the testing?

Maybe others can shed more light on this.
Thanks Heydj.

I will try another amp and report back. However can an amp providing slightly less RMS than the rated capacity of the speakers distort the speakers?

I understand that it might actually be the amp not providing clean power though. Any way to make it provide "clean" power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by girishv View Post
If its not too confidential, can you please share the cost and from where?
Girish
Girish,

I am getting the Tempo 6 for around 15,800 from an accessory dealer here in Mumbai.

Best,
Enigmatic

Last edited by Enigmatic : 8th March 2017 at 16:15.
Old 8th March 2017, 16:53   #13422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Best,
Enigmatic
Your amp and speakers seem perfectly matched, but perhaps your settings might need some tweaking

for ex, try playing around with the input sensitivity level of the amplifier. If not set properly (either too high or too low) , there might be clipping happening at the input
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2017, 17:37   #13423
BHPian

Quote:
Your amp and speakers seem perfectly matched, but perhaps your settings might need some tweaking

for ex, try playing around with the input sensitivity level of the amplifier. If not set properly (either too high or too low) , there might be clipping happening at the input
Thanks greenhorn,

I have tried adjusting the gains on the Amp. With low gains, the speakers are just not loud enough. Hence I followed the principle of keeping the headunit volume at 3/4th capacity and working down the gains on the Amp to a point where the speakers don't distort. This lands me at about 75% gain level on the Amp.

However, even with this combination I feel it lacks clarity. The music seems jumbled sometimes and it is hard to differentiate between instruments.

Maybe the components are at fault or maybe its the Amp. It seems like a marriage not meant to last.

Best,
Enigmatic
Old 8th March 2017, 19:29   #13424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quoting my post.

Best,
Enigmatic
Go for the Tempo 6. I have been using Morel Tempo's from past 5 years+ now in my other car and they still sound sweet. They are laid back comps and sounds natural.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2017, 18:22   #13425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Go for the Tempo 6. I have been using Morel Tempo's from past 5 years+ now in my other car and they still sound sweet. They are laid back comps and sounds natural.
Thanks, Nitinralli.

I will be upgrading to the Tempo 6 soon. Do you think 15,800 is a good deal for the Tempo 6?

However before I upgrade, I will be getting the entire car damped. Let's see how much of a difference damping makes.

Best,
Enigmatic

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks