Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2016, 21:21   #13246
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Bad news for you - ...... because the JBL speakers are already low impedance, and if you add any more load, it might be the end of the poor HU
Many thanks Greenhorn.

A really bad news for me. I am heart broken. :(
Ok, which Amplifier & Sub will you suggest for my current setup.
My Amplifier choices are :
1: Sony X-plod XMN 1004
2: JBL GTO 1004 - 1100w
3: JBL GX A644SI

All are four channel amps. Please can you advice With Sony Head unit & all four JBL CS-6C components in the doors, what could give me best output. Or should I divert the Door speakers via the new amp.

I will definitely look for an option of using a Local/Jugaad amplifier for my Sony speakers. Trust me they are killers when were used with the original Sony HiFi System. In the interim I am going to try my Sony Home theatre speakers on JBL two channel amplifier in my friend's Safari & check if I have to burry my Idea.

Regards,
Saurabh
Old 26th August 2016, 16:44   #13247
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
1: Sony X-plod XMN 1004
2: JBL GTO 1004 - 1100w
3: JBL GX A644SI
I would not recommend any sony product .
If you want cheap, look at blaupunkt instead.
JBL are good, but pricey. Another alternative is kenwood ( I have two)
Alternately, wait and watch on the classifieds.
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2016, 15:04   #13248

Dear Gurus,

My amp is 4 Ch Kenwood KAC M846. I wish to use it to power my sub and front Comps. While the amp has both LPF (on two channels) and HPF (on other two channels), it has only one freq knob, i.e. to control LPF. So the question is about HPF. If I turn on the HPF switch, beyond what freq will it let through? The frequency that I select on LPF? LPF freq knob sounds a bit misnomer in that case.

Second, and related question. Comps have crossovers. I read that one shouldn't use two crossovers. However, enabling HPF on the channels powering Comps results in two crossovers, though crossing over at quite different freqs. On the other hand, not enabling HPF would result in Sub and Comps reproducing overlapping freqs in range 40-100Hz. How do we deal with this dilemma? Looks like I am thinking too much
Old 1st September 2016, 16:57   #13249
Senior - BHPian

using multiple crossovers is fine.

its okay to HPF the comps because you dont want to send them too much low freq

Read the user manual. the LPF and HPF are for seperate channels. Use the LPF for the sub, and the HPF for the comps

Thinking too much is fine, but make sure your assumptions are valid, else your thought processes will go for a toss!
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 23:01   #13250

Hello Gurus

I need your advice on setting up a good music system for my new car baleno zeta. I am not satisfied with the company music system because the sound quality is really bad.
I am planing to install http://www.rs-estore.com/product/mar...navigation-etc in my car.

So 1st questions is if the above mentioned HU is good to install? Or should i invest more and go for a pioneer avicf80bt?

Second question
Which brand or speakers, components, and woofer should i buy? I am looking for a good bass from the above.
Old 13th September 2016, 14:07   #13251
Distinguished - BHPian

Is there any good Single-DIN HU with GPS and a remote display ? The display could be mounted on the Dash, while the HU is in it's traditional slot near the gear-lever ?

The connection could be wired.
Old 14th September 2016, 18:41   #13252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Is there any good Single-DIN HU with GPS and a remote display ? The display could be mounted on the Dash, while the HU is in it's traditional slot near the gear-lever ?

The connection could be wired.
Haven't seen an HU with display which can be removed and mounted elsewhere. Doesn't make sense, as that would increase the system complexity and add unnecessary cost.

What you can get is 1DIN HUs with retractable displays from Pioneer and Kenwood. Navigation can be added as an external box, either from the company itself or from MMI.

Tata Safari?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideto_live View Post
... I am planing to install http://www.rs-estore.com/product/mar...navigation-etc in my car.

So 1st questions is if the above mentioned HU is good to install? Or should i invest more and go for a pioneer avicf80bt? ...
Better go in for the Pioneer HU. Reliable, and known source with A.S.S. support. Can't say that for an outfit which is only importing from China and selling.

For speakers, there is a wide choice and you must audition them with your music, preferably in cars. Ditto for subwoofer. Please audition and list them here so that others can comment.

Last edited by SDP : 23rd September 2016 at 23:23. Reason: Merging back to back posts
Old 14th September 2016, 19:09   #13253
Distinguished - BHPian

The key-word:
Quote:
Tata Safari?
I dont need to say a word more !!

I am not looking to play video, but just a better HU than the current stock Alpine. Dispaly, primarily for navigation, is best up there on the dash .. now, why am I repeating this ? To you, who knows the layout first hand !
Old 19th September 2016, 12:40   #13254
BHPian

Hi All

I have a Thar with a soft top that I use as a daily drive and moving around without a stereo is getting quite boring. I am looking to put a basic double din head unit and a pair of 6x9 speakers in wooden boxes behind the front seats. Need suggestions regarding what brand and model to go for. As its a soft top and will continue to remain like that, I would ideally want it to not cost more than 10-12k.

Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 14:49   #13255

Hello Car Gurus,

I have shortlisted some of the speakers, components, amplifiers and woofers for my car Baleno. I didnt get an opportunity to audition them personally coz when i visited some of the accessories dealers in mumbai they said that they dont have the below mentioned speakers ready with them, however they can source it if needed.

I read some reviews online and thats how i shortlisted he below mentioned accessories.

However I will neec your expert advice if the mentioned speakers and other stuff is good or not.

*Polk audio 6×9 db691 100 rms 300 watts 3 way (oval speakers)
OR Infinity kappa 693.11l 110 rms 330 watts 3 way (oval speakers)
*polk audio component db 6501 100 rms 300 watts peak (6.5 inches round )
* woofer rockford fosgate power t0 12" 550 rms 800 peak (12" woofer)
*amplifier rockford fosgate r750-1d 250w×4 4ohms to power the speakers
* amplifier polk audio PAD1000.1 500w×1 rms 4 ohms to power the woofer.

Thanks
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:17   #13256
BHPian

Quote:

However I will neec your expert advice if the mentioned speakers and other stuff is good or not.

*Polk audio 6×9 db691 100 rms 300 watts 3 way (oval speakers)
OR Infinity kappa 693.11l 110 rms 330 watts 3 way (oval speakers)
*polk audio component db 6501 100 rms 300 watts peak (6.5 inches round )
* woofer rockford fosgate power t0 12" 550 rms 800 peak (12" woofer)
*amplifier rockford fosgate r750-1d 250w×4 4ohms to power the speakers
* amplifier polk audio PAD1000.1 500w×1 rms 4 ohms to power the woofer.

Thanks
Your query is unclear on several levels:
- What's your budget?
- What sort of music do you like listening to?
- Do you like high treble and bass or do you prefer smoother sound with fewer peaks and valleys
- Have you checked if these items will fit into stock locations (Baleno also has a stock tweeter location)?

If you answer these, you would receive a much clearer response
Old 23rd September 2016, 16:19   #13257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_azz View Post
Hi All

I have a Thar with a soft top that I use as a daily drive and moving around without a stereo is getting quite boring. I am looking to put a basic double din head unit and a pair of 6x9 speakers in wooden boxes behind the front seats. Need suggestions regarding what brand and model to go for. As its a soft top and will continue to remain like that, I would ideally want it to not cost more than 10-12k.

Thanks
If you are looking at a very basic setup, would suggest one of those 1.5k chinese HU's and a pair of JBL 6x9's to go with them.

alternately, get a bluetooth/ portable usb powered speakers to go with your dashboard to pair with your phone.
Option 1 would be around 6-7K, option 2 even cheaper if you skip bluetooth
Old 23rd September 2016, 20:48   #13258

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
Your query is unclear on several levels:
- What's your budget?
My budget is around 35000
I prefer high bass and treble
I mostly listen to edm and bollywood music.
Baleno has a space for tweeters

Last edited by ampere : 23rd September 2016 at 23:20. Reason: Formatted Post
Old 24th September 2016, 09:30   #13259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
if you're an EDM fan, set apart some budget for damping your doors, and any other bits
Old 24th September 2016, 13:16   #13260
BHPian

Quote:
Get a pair of components for front doors. Rainbow or Morel. In Rainbow DL series should be fine.

You going to use stock HU or aftermarket. If stock then get good high low converters else quality will suffer.

Get good quality wiring done as this will have an impact.

For EDM woofer is must - I have ID Max series and it is going strong for 7 years.

Amplifier would be needed - try Digital Dynamics or Kenwood series.

Lastly damping in front two doors and boot space is must. Else car will rattle badly.

No need for speakers in back doors.

I have two cars, in Swift I have setup like above with Kenwood HU and Kenwood class D amplifier. This setup is 7 years old.

In Rapid I have with stock HU, Mosconi High low converters and Digital Dynamics class AB amp. This setup is 1 year old.

I am satisfied with both, though in my view stock HU can never beat a good aftermarket HU, but then again these days stock HU are integrated with so many things like steering controls etc. that it is very difficult to replace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks