Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2016, 19:51   #13111
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Guys I need some urgent advice.

I have a 2007 Alto with a Pioneer DEH-P4950MP HU and Blaupunkt speakers (Coaxial front and BGx 690 6"x9" rear). The HU is about to conk off and I got a Sony DSX A35U HU. What would be the possible challenges in changing to the Sony (it has only rear RCA pre outs and a 16 pin connector, the Pioneer has 3 RCA Pre outs). There is no external amplifier in the setup. Had to go for the Sony as that was the only one from a reputed manufacturer in budget.

Last edited by nmenon : 2nd February 2016 at 19:52. Reason: Changed HU model.
Old 3rd February 2016, 00:38   #13112

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Hi Guys,

I need some urgent advice from the Gurus! Planning to get my ICE upgraded in my Maruti Swift (2010) in about 3 weeks. Given below is the setup that i currently have in mind. I would really like your take on this, if it would be a good install for the swift.

Head Unit : Pioneer avh-x4790dvd/Kenwood ddx415bt
Front Speakers : Focal 165 AS
Rear Speakers : Focal 165 AC
4 Channel Amplifier : Alpine PDX-F4
Damping : Dynamat

Not interested in installing a sub-woofer as i don't have the kicks for BASS!
Old 3rd February 2016, 08:23   #13113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reesemylife View Post
Hi Guys,

I need some urgent advice from the Gurus! Planning to get my ICE upgraded in my Maruti Swift (2010) in about 3 weeks. Given below is the setup that i currently have in mind. I would really like your take on this, if it would be a good install for the swift.

Head Unit : Pioneer avh-x4790dvd/Kenwood ddx415bt
Front Speakers : Focal 165 AS
Rear Speakers : Focal 165 AC
4 Channel Amplifier : Alpine PDX-F4
Damping : Dynamat

Not interested in installing a sub-woofer as i don't have the kicks for BASS!
The only suggestion I would give is that you spend the Rs 1000 more and buy the Pio AVH 5790BT. It is the bluetooth version of the 4790 and offers very clear bluetooth connectivity. I'm using this HU.

Try buying the HU online off Paytm/Freecharge/Mobikwik etc - you might end up with a brilliant offer
HighwayofLife is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 14:05   #13114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
The only suggestion I would give is that you spend the Rs 1000 more and buy the Pio AVH 5790BT. It is the bluetooth version of the 4790 and offers very clear bluetooth connectivity. I'm using this HU.

Try buying the HU online off Paytm/Freecharge/Mobikwik etc - you might end up with a brilliant offer
Just to add, Bluetooth offers you the option of playing audio from streaming content such as Youtube, through your phone. HD videos on Youtube offer audio comparable to CDs nowadays (for instance the MTV Unplugged videos of Amit Trivedi etc), which is brilliant to listen to in a SQ-oriented Car Audio set up.
HighwayofLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:00   #13115
BHPian

I am planning an ICE upgrade in my 04' Baleno vxi which still has the OE Kenwood cassette player. The current setup in the car is stock (all 4 OE speakers)

My budget is around 8k for the HU and total budget for the ICE is 15k tops.
I cant seem to find any good SQ oriented HU's in sub 10k price with 3 preouts. Bluetooth feature if available will be preferred.
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 3rd February 2016, 21:39   #13116
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
I am planning an ICE upgrade in my 04' Baleno vxi which still has the OE Kenwood cassette player. The current setup in the car is stock (all 4 OE speakers)

My budget is around 8k for the HU and total budget for the ICE is 15k tops.
I cant seem to find any good SQ oriented HU's in sub 10k price with 3 preouts. Bluetooth feature if available will be preferred.
Any help would be appreciated.
Look at JVC-KD_R80BT can play wav over USB, 6 channel pre out, good DAC, single din - 11750 on snapdeal

Alpine CDE-W265EBT - 2 din CD player, the cheapest 3-way active head unit with time alignment, but cannot play wav over USB. - 12400 on snapdeal
gkannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 23:48   #13117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
Look at JVC-KD_R80BT can play wav over USB, 6 channel pre out, good DAC, single din - 11750 on snapdeal

Alpine CDE-W265EBT - 2 din CD player, the cheapest 3-way active head unit with time alignment, but cannot play wav over USB. - 12400 on snapdeal
Can the Alpine w265BT play FLAC?
which speakers to pair it up with?
Coaxials+Components(front)
Initially I'll be running them off the HU (Without an amplifier)
Old 3rd February 2016, 23:53   #13118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepilot View Post
Can the Alpine w265BT play FLAC?
which speakers to pair it up with?
Coaxials+Components(front)
Initially I'll be running them off the HU (Without an amplifier)
there are very few HU that can play flac, none within your budget, the latest from Sony GS9 priced at around 1500USD can play flac.

You can go with components on the front and coax in the rear. Infinity comps are quite decent for a budget install and can be powered from the head unit.
gkannan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 16:05   #13119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkannan View Post
there are very few HU that can play flac, none within your budget, the latest from Sony GS9 priced at around 1500USD can play flac.

You can go with components on the front and coax in the rear. Infinity comps are quite decent for a budget install and can be powered from the head unit.
Any specific models to look out for (In Infinity comps)

and any other single din options other than Alpine w265ebt?
Old 5th February 2016, 00:54   #13120

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post

Thanks for the advice HighwayofLife. I actually looked up the 5790BT and the price difference wasn't great. So I have decided to go with that itself. However, just wanted to check with one thing. Is it safe to order from Paytm and other sites where the price is cheap. As much as I've heard good reviews, I've heard some really bad ones as well. It would be really great if you could clarify this part.
Old 5th February 2016, 01:40   #13121
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the advice HighwayofLife. I actually looked up the 5790BT and the price difference wasn't great. So I have decided to go with that itself. However, just wanted to check with one thing. Is it safe to order from Paytm and other sites where the price is cheap. As much as I've heard good reviews, I've heard some really bad ones as well. It would be really great if you could clarify this part.
I ordered a pioneer 2790 from snapdeal. Been only 3 months but no problems so far. Check for the seller reviews when buying online .
Old 5th February 2016, 03:08   #13122
BHPian

Quote:
It's advisable only because many local installers won't even stock the more advanced HUs, since most of them don't know what Time Alignment is and how to tune these settings. I live in Chennai, and the less said about car audio guys here, the better. It's perfectly safe to buy off these sites, from what I've seen. But it's better not to depend on their installation services, if these are offered. If nothing else, you can use their price to negotiate if you're getting the work done from one of the better stockists/installers
Old 26th February 2016, 00:16   #13123
BHPian

Hey guys,

So i just picked up a pair of Polk db6501 components to replace the stock ones i've had in my 2010 Ford Endeavour for almost 6 years now! But before i can hook these up, i was just curious. The stock system in my car was a Kenwood DDX7034BT with 50Wx4 (i assume, don't know for sure). Will this be enough to power the polks which are rated at 100W RMS? Will i absolutely HAVE to get an amplifier immediately?

I'm facing some Vitamin M deficiency at the moment. So was hoping to get an idea from you guys.

The stock speakers were 25W 4 Ohm speakers.
Old 26th February 2016, 00:48   #13124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venom_op View Post
I'm facing some Vitamin M deficiency at the moment. So was hoping to get an idea from you guys.

The stock speakers were 25W 4 Ohm speakers.
Not a problem actually, as the HU will power the speakers with whatever it has (i.e. 50W max) and the speakers will not be able to perform to their best capabilities.

Being the great set of speakers that the DB6501s are, you better get an external amplifier really soon to enjoy the true potential of the set.
Old 26th February 2016, 00:53   #13125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swift_guy View Post
Not a problem actually, as the HU will power the speakers with whatever it has (i.e. 50W max) and the speakers will not be able to perform to their best capabilities.

Being the great set of speakers that the DB6501s are, you better get an external amplifier really soon to enjoy the true potential of the set.
What amp suggestions do you guys have? Do i have to spend over 10k on an amp or do basic JBL/Pioneer/Sony amps do the job? Mind you, once i get enough dough, i will be adding either db or Dxi coaxials for the rear as well, so what would be your recommendations?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks