Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2015, 19:31   #13021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadier View Post
First issue is that the low beam of right head lamp stopped working, but high beam is working fine . I don't know if that was the case before installing setup, or if installing the amp messed up with the low beam of the right side headlight.
Second issue is that I am able to hear slight whistle type sound from speakers when I rev the engine. This sound disappears if I turn off the system(read : HU). What could be the issue here, shall I go back to the installer?
The whistling sound is a grounding issue. Redo the wiring with care, and replace the RCAs with good quality ones. I found this noise disappearing when the wiring was redone completely. Another option is to ground the ends of the RCA jacks by winding copper wire at the end (check the internet foe details)

Have you checked the headlamp bulb?
Old 13th November 2015, 20:36   #13022
BHPian

Whistling sound can be due to many reasons. A thorough troubleshooting might be required to find out exactly what's wrong before you start pulling out things and replacing parts.
Many a time it can be muffled by reducing the gain.
If you have an aftermarket headunit and amplifier, there is no need to turn the gain over 9 o clock or maximum 10 o clock.
A good installer would know where to check for the issues. Take the car back to the installer.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2015 at 20:27. Reason: through > thorough, times > time.
Old 13th November 2015, 23:02   #13023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo View Post
Whistling sound can be due to many reasons. A thorough troubleshooting might be required to find out exactly what's wrong before you start pulling out things and replacing parts.
If you have an aftermarket headunit and amplifier, there is no need to turn the gain over 9 o clock or maximum 10 o clock.
A good installer would know where to check for the issues. Take the car back to the installer.
In this case, since the sound is occurring when the engine is revved, and shuts off when the HU is shut off, it seems to be the typical alternator noise that comes due to bad grounding, and not due to gain settings. I faced this for a long long time before I realized the cause of the problem was the grounding, which was fixed by Motor Concept when they redid my install.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2015 at 20:27. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 13th November 2015, 23:43   #13024
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
The whistling sound is a grounding issue. Redo the wiring with care, and replace the RCAs with good quality ones. I found this noise disappearing when the wiring was redone completely. Another option is to ground the ends of the RCA jacks by winding copper wire at the end (check the internet foe details)

Have you checked the headlamp bulb?
Quote:
Originally Posted by general_neo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayofLife View Post
In this case, since the sound is occurring when the engine is revved, and shuts off when the HU is shut off, it seems to be the typical alternator noise that comes due to bad grounding, and not due to gain settings. I faced this for a long long time before I realized the cause of the problem was the grounding, which was fixed by Motor Concept when they redid my install.

Thanks a lot for the replies. I have spoken with the installer, and he said this is a common issue, he said he will check the RCA cables, and he said that we might need to install RCA filter. He has called me on Monday. Will go there and try to rectify the issue. Lets hope this issue gets resolved .Though this sound is not too disturbing, but its noticeable and annoying, especially when one has spent so much on the system, after saving up for a long time for the system.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2015 at 20:27. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Old 13th November 2015, 23:58   #13025
BHPian

The sound goes off when the hu is turned off because the hu turns of the amps. Which means there is no output. Please get the facts right.
Take the car back to the installer and ask him to fix it.
Generally installing a noise filter in between head unit and amp input isn't the correct solution. The previous guy said about the grounding issue or ground loop. Its a generalized term used to cover a variety of issues. He also mentioned to ground the ends of rca which might work too. However first find the issue then apply the solution.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 14th November 2015 at 20:26. Reason: bcoz > because. Please avoid using SMS lingo while posting on the forums.
Old 14th November 2015, 20:14   #13026
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Gurus please provide some insight:

I am looking for a 4 channel amplifier to run my front set of component speakers. And later on hook up a subwoofer to the amplifier.

Current setup:
Car - SX4
Front component speakers - Infinity Reference 6500 (6.5" drivers)
Rear co-axial speakers - Infinity Reference 6502 (6.5" drivers)
HU - Alpine CDE W233
All four doors are damped using dynamat.

Budget - Around 8k
Genres - Pretty much everything!
SQ Preference - tight/mellow bass, not to bright highs.

Please suggest some amplifiers.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Aston Singh : 14th November 2015 at 20:15.
Old 14th November 2015, 20:39   #13027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
I am looking for a 4 channel amplifier to run my front set of component speakers. And later on hook up a subwoofer to the amplifier.
You can check this amplifier from arc audio.
http://m.snapdeal.com/product/arc-au...0w/217042?tag=

You will also have options in jbl and pioneer in the same price range.

Last edited by ampere : 15th November 2015 at 19:49. Reason: Formatted quoted post
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2015, 18:50   #13028
BHPian

Quote:
I have the exact same speakers installed in my swift. Just 3-4 days ago I bought and installed Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF 4 Channel Amp. I liked it, you might want to take a look at it. Still have to resolve the issue of the whistling noise from speakers though.

Last edited by ampere : 15th November 2015 at 19:49. Reason: Formatted Quoted Post
Brigadier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 07:56   #13029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
You can check this amplifier from arc audio.
http://m.snapdeal.com/product/arc-au...0w/217042?tag=

You will also have options in jbl and pioneer in the same price range.
Quote:
I have the exact same speakers installed in my swift. Just 3-4 days ago I bought and installed Blaupunkt GTA 470 SF 4 Channel Amp. I liked it, you might want to take a look at it. Still have to resolve the issue of the whistling noise from speakers though.
Guys, thank you for your suggestions. I would most probably stick to either Blaupunkt or Rockford Fosgate. There's a Kicker C300 4 channel amp as well under consideration.

JBL and Pioneer I will avoid, JBL specifically because Infinity speakers are decently bright and I would want to pair them up with a neutral sounding amp.

In the mean time, anyone and everyone, feel free to suggest more models. And I'll keep my research going on as well.
Old 18th November 2015, 16:09   #13030
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... JBL and Pioneer I will avoid, JBL specifically because Infinity speakers are decently bright and I would want to pair them up with a neutral sounding amp. ...
JBL amp is not bright - it is decently neutral. Why not Pio?

Quote:
... suggest more models. ...
Kenwood M846. Pioneer GM6300. Both are neutral sounding.

There are many amps available, but perhaps you should consider availability of A.S.S. locally before selecting. Not having that will become a right royal pain if something goes wrong.
Old 20th November 2015, 21:34   #13031
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, thank you for your suggestions. I would most probably stick to either Blaupunkt or Rockford Fosgate. There's a Kicker C300 4 channel amp as well under consideration.

JBL and Pioneer I will avoid, JBL specifically because Infinity speakers are decently bright and I would want to pair them up with a neutral sounding amp.

In the mean time, anyone and everyone, feel free to suggest more models. And I'll keep my research going on as well.
I see that you are also from Pune,where do you plan to get it done from?

An update on the whistling issue of my install :

The installer guy installed some RCA filter between amp and RCA cables, but it did not help. So we disconnected it. He then removed the RCA cables from amp and head unit and reconnected them agan, and this time the whisting sound from the front speakers when the car is revved got reduced. Its not fully vanished though, but its reduced a bit. I think I will have to live with that.
Now coming to the low beam issue, both the low beams of the headlamps had conked off after the amp was installed . When I pointed that it was after the amp installation, he gave a typical answer that there is no relation of amp and low beam and that the bulbs can get conked off without any reason. I do not believe his explanation, but I had already came to know that he wont take the responsibility of the blown low beams.
So, I installed new bulbs (Philips 55/60W H4 xtreme vision), and I hope that these bulbs don't die
Old 24th November 2015, 08:40   #13032
BHPian

Quote:
I see that you are also from Pune,where do you plan to get it done from?

An update on the whistling issue of my install :

The installer guy installed some RCA filter between amp and RCA cables, but it did not help. So we disconnected it. He then removed the RCA cables from amp and head unit and reconnected them agan, and this time the whisting sound from the front speakers when the car is revved got reduced. Its not fully vanished though, but its reduced a bit. I think I will have to live with that.
Now coming to the low beam issue, both the low beams of the headlamps had conked off after the amp was installed . When I pointed that it was after the amp installation, he gave a typical answer that there is no relation of amp and low beam and that the bulbs can get conked off without any reason. I do not believe his explanation, but I had already came to know that he wont take the responsibility of the blown low beams.
So, I installed new bulbs (Philips 55/60W H4 xtreme vision), and I hope that these bulbs don't die
Please change the RCA cables to some of the higher end makes (Focal etc- most of the local installers use cheaper makes, which create these problems at times ). There is also a way to ground the ends of the RCA cables by winding copper wire around them, the details of which you can find on various sites online, by typing "grounding rca cables with copper wire" in google. This solved the problem in my previous install.
Old 30th November 2015, 13:18   #13033

Dear Team BHP,

I have a query. I want to install a basic ICE unit in my ALto-K10 for which i bought:
1) Blaupunkt Tokio 1100 (HU) for 2500
2) Sony XS-GTF10382 Coaxial Car Speaker - as it would fit my inbuilt space in Dashboard.

My questions:
1) Is the current configuration good enough to listen to day today music while commuting?
2) Should i put any other larger speaker?
2a - If yes then which one - please specify and approx cost (i would be able to go for a reasonably priced one(my above choices would have anyways clarified that :-)
2b Is there a place in South delhi where i can get all these components installed? (Would appreciate a name) and approximate cost involved.

Mod: I did try to find answers to the above through forums. But could not as i believe i am one of the few people on very tight budget.

thanks

Abi
Old 30th November 2015, 15:23   #13034
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi75 View Post
Dear Team BHP,

I have a query. I want to install a basic ICE unit in my ALto-K10 for which i bought:
2) Sony XS-GTF10382 Coaxial Car Speaker - as it would fit my inbuilt space in Dashboard.

My questions:
1) Is the current configuration good enough to listen to day today music while commuting?
2a - If yes then which one - please specify and approx cost (i would be able to go for a reasonably priced one(my above choices would have anyways clarified that :-)
2b Is there a place in South delhi where i can get all these components installed? (Would appreciate a name) and approximate cost involved.
Sure a Hu with a single pair of speakers is a basic system and will allow you to listen to music.

I would suggest you look at 2-3 brands of speakers to see which one suits your taste.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 15:29   #13035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abi75 View Post
Dear Team BHP,

My questions:

Mod: I did try to find answers to the above through forums. But could not as i believe i am one of the few people on very tight budget.

thanks

Abi
Without knowing what kind off music you like its hard to comment if its okay, but if you just want to listen radio then this would be fine. Audition this setup.

I personally don't like Sony xplod and would rather buy Rockford Punch series, approx 4500.

For installation go to good shop who knows about wiring, grounding etc. Lot of stories here about people who ended up with whistling or some other issues.

Try Driven in East of Kailash (please note I have no involvement with them except that for last 7 years I have always gone there for quality).

I know you are on budget but please spend a bit extra on wiring.
heydj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks