Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2014, 13:31   #12721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnvvishwa View Post
What is the safe or permissible voltage range for the AUX input in our cars?
I checked in my car and it showing around 2.5 V. ...
How did you check, @mnvishwa? An input will show 0V with nothing connected - it is an analog input, not an output. If at all, one has to check the *output* of the device one intends to connect to it, and that also with an Oscilloscope, not a multimeter set to V AC.

Why would you be worried about "safe and permissible voltage range" if you are using conventional outputs expected to be wired to Aux-in (e.g. EP Out of mobile phones or music players)?
Old 1st December 2014, 14:36   #12722
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
How did you check, @mnvishwa? An input will show 0V with nothing connected - it is an analog input, not an output. If at all, one has to check the *output* of the device one intends to connect to it, and that also with an Oscilloscope, not a multimeter set to V AC.

Why would you be worried about "safe and permissible voltage range" if you are using conventional outputs expected to be wired to Aux-in (e.g. EP Out of mobile phones or music players)?
Dear DerAlte,
I'm basically from the Mechanical background and I have minimum knowledge about Digital or Analog inputs. Experiment is done with the help of a friend from the Electronics background.
I will create a DIY thread, it may help the other punto owners also and try to answer your queries.
Old 3rd December 2014, 15:31   #12723
BHPian

Would such products work (in 2011 Skoda Laura)?

http://www.ebay.in/itm/3-5mm-Male-AU...item2a48427ce5

The mention something like this;

Please make sure your car have the mp3 decode function, that can read the mp3 file from U-disk.
Make sure your car has aux 3.5mm port.
Only used on car aux by U Disk.

Not sure what this U Disk is or how to figure out if the system has mp3 decode function. If the system plays MP3 CD's - does it mean it has MP3 decoder?

Sorry - if this sounds very noob :(

Your thoughts would be highly appreciated.
Old 4th December 2014, 12:29   #12724
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
The mention something like this;

Please make sure your car have the mp3 decode function, that can read the mp3 file from U-disk.
Make sure your car has aux 3.5mm port.
Only used on car aux by U Disk.
They also mention:
This USB charge cable , If your device charged by 3.5mm audio male jack
Take audio as well as video signals from your camcorder
or iPod. cable will transfer high quality audio and video for you.

Seems very confusing at best.
Can your HU read MP3s out of a pen drive ?
If yes then HU logically has an mp3 decoder.
Old 4th December 2014, 13:18   #12725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
They also mention:
This USB charge cable , If your device charged by 3.5mm audio male jack
Take audio as well as video signals from your camcorder
or iPod. cable will transfer high quality audio and video for you.

Seems very confusing at best.
Yes!

Quote:
Can your HU read MP3s out of a pen drive ?
If yes then HU logically has an mp3 decoder.
The very reason I am considering this converter is that I don't have USB slot in my HU. But - it does have a CD player which plays MP3 CD's. Does that mean - it has that decoder?
Old 4th December 2014, 17:57   #12726
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshramaling View Post
The very reason I am considering this converter is that I don't have USB slot in my HU. But - it does have a CD player which plays MP3 CD's. Does that mean - it has that decoder?
Well yes logically it must have the decoder.
I dont think such a contraption is very popular and I have my own reservations on whether it would work.
Ideally the aux input would not be decoded as it would be receiving an anolog signal direct from the source connected to aux.
The best way to find out is to buy and try.
Worst case scenario you would have wasted Rs.150
Old 5th December 2014, 10:31   #12727
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The best way to find out is to buy and try.
Worst case scenario you would have wasted Rs.150
On second thoughts i wouldn't want to waste Rs. 150.
Doing a basic google search of the device brings up a lot of negative reviews.
Old 5th December 2014, 10:34   #12728
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
They also mention:
This USB charge cable , If your device charged by 3.5mm audio male jack.
I seriously doubt that they would use the 3.5mm headphone jack to charge. It is not designed to carry power safely.

Last edited by navin : 5th December 2014 at 10:36.
Old 5th December 2014, 15:46   #12729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I seriously doubt that they would use the 3.5mm headphone jack to charge. It is not designed to carry power safely.
Strange! Haven't heard of any HU put power on the Aux-in jack. Nor have I heard of any HU expecting a protocol-controlled byte stream on what is a standard purely analog line that Aux-in is. How would the HU list directories and access files otherwise. From the other side, I haven't heard of anyone putting an analog signal on the 2 USB pins either (the other two pins are +5V and Ground). iPod has Audio Out (even Video Out) pins defined on the dock connector, but that is not connected to USB.

Sounds really dicey IMHO - "should not be used with anything other than U-disk" is too much of a rider.
Old 6th December 2014, 17:03   #12730
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Audio Gurus, Looking for HU replacement for my 2010 i20 as it stopped working and not able to fix for 2 months running behind couple of service centers and HASS.

Requirement: Use the existing Speakers, steering controls (it just has the volume, mute and mode). If possible Blue tooth and GPS.
Budget : 15K.

I found Sony - XAV-68BT relevant to the requirement.
Kindly suggest options.
Old 9th December 2014, 14:56   #12731
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
.. Looking for HU replacement for my 2010 i20 ... I found Sony - XAV-68BT ...
Look at the India websites of Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Alpine etc. for a 2DIN HU. Any of these is far better than Sony. Check the price of the models you like on Snapdeal, etc. then check with dealers near you (they sometimes give a lesser price than the online shops). Audition it before buying to check your comfort with the menus, features etc.

Last edited by DerAlte : 9th December 2014 at 14:57.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2014, 17:19   #12732
Senior - BHPian

Just a passing query:

HU- Pioneer FX 559UI
Car: Wagon R CNG
Speakers- JBL 6.5'' Co axials(mounter on Doors)
Sound Quality- Mediocre

Dont want to invest in an elaborate Sub/Amplifier set up just now.
Ramie has been extremely helpful in his suggestions though.

Can I just upgrade the front Co-axials with a Component Speakers with Cross overs? Budget-Approx. 5K(extendable to 6K)

Got a couple of options:

1) JBL 509C(older model)- Rs. 4.1k
2) JBL 609C-4.8K
3) Boston Acoustic-4.2K

(02 Speakers, 2 Tweeters and Cross over)

Will it make any difference to the Sound quality?

I am not looking for a lot from the system but some clean low and mid frequencies and not too piercing bass.

Last edited by arnabchak : 9th December 2014 at 17:21.
Old 10th December 2014, 11:43   #12733
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Look at the India websites of Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, Alpine etc. for a 2DIN HU. Any of these is far better than Sony. Check the price of the models you like on Snapdeal, etc. then check with dealers near you (they sometimes give a lesser price than the online shops). Audition it before buying to check your comfort with the menus, features etc.
Thanks DerAlte.
After some more search as you said, planning to go for Kenwood - DPX-5130BT. Any idea on how to make the steering wheel controls work on this.
I understand we need some adapters. Can you through some light on what will it be, cost and where we can get it.
Old 10th December 2014, 12:39   #12734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by classicselva View Post
... DPX-5130BT. Any idea on how to make the steering wheel controls work on this. ...
Your installer might have the adaptor with him, or can procure it. Wouldn't cost more than 2K. Check the manual first (should be available online).
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2014, 02:09   #12735
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnabchak View Post
Just a passing query:

HU- Pioneer FX 559UI
Car: Wagon R CNG
Speakers- JBL 6.5'' Co axials(mounter on Doors)
Sound Quality- Mediocre

Hi Arnab!

You can definitely upgrade the front door speakers to components. There are plenty of options - Infinity, Kicker, Boston, Focal etc. I would say try and audition them first. You can definitely get a good set for around 6k. I would also suggest you damp the doors. I personally feel that damping is equally important so think about it.
Aston Singh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks