Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2005, 01:10   #1216
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
i have one of the entry level jvc head unit.the best thing about my set up are the jbl gto 936e in the rear with blaunpank 4 inchers in the front.honestly i wanted to put the gto 426 in the front but ran out of money so had to put the blaunpanks.

no amps, no subs !! in a couple of days going to be upgrading my baleno system and for that my budget is 40k but i can stretch it

rev
I will probably listen to both JBL components and 936e's with Sony 5510 and then decide upon that. However the Pioneer 5750 does sound pretty CooooooL with Blaupunkt's GTx693 45W RMS
Old 8th September 2005, 01:16   #1217
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
I will probably listen to both JBL components and 936e's with Sony 5510 and then decide upon that. However the Pioneer 5750 does sound pretty CooooooL with Blaupunkt's GTx693 45W RMS
well if ur going to listen to the effects of all these combinations which are setup in a room then i think ur doing the wrong thing..the way the very same stuff will sound inside a car if installed properly will be hard to believe..
PS:have u checked out the effect after installing them in ur car or in a room..
Old 8th September 2005, 01:18   #1218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well if ur going to listen to the effects of all these combinations which are setup in a room then i think ur doing the wrong thing..the way the very same stuff will sound inside a car if installed properly will be hard to believe..
PS:have u checked out the effect after installing them in ur car or in a room..
I have checked them in a small room and they sounded cool. So once I tk the car along, I will hv to get something installed, so except for the comps I can listen to all of them inside the car.
Old 8th September 2005, 01:27   #1219
BANNED

Quote:
I have checked them in a small room and they sounded cool..
exactly what i was afraid of..they might sound good in that room,but dont be fooled into thinking that they will sound equally cool inside ur car..well if setup properly they might sound better than what they sounded in that room if not they might sound unbelievingly miserable..so it will be better to check out the effect with others who have a similar setup to what ur looking at(on the same car that is)..btw which car is this setup for..
Old 8th September 2005, 01:29   #1220
BHPian

Quote:
exactly what i was afraid of..they might sound good in that room,but dont be fooled into thinking that they will sound equally cool inside ur car..well if setup properly they might sound better than what they sounded in that room if not they might sound unbelievingly miserable..so it will be better to check out the effect with others who have a similar setup to what ur looking at(on the same car that is)..btw which car is this setup for..

It is for Daewoo Matiz. And yes you are absolutey right. The room was quite small say could accomodate only 4 ppl with the small boxes in which the speakers were checked. I will check them out 2moro and let you know.
Old 8th September 2005, 01:42   #1221
BHPian

Just a small question here. Which one is better among the Sony 5510 and Sony 5610? As there is very small price difference, which one shud I go in for considering their ergonomics, user friendliness, build quality, looks etc...
Old 8th September 2005, 01:45   #1222
BANNED

i say that bcoz when i went to buy my system i too heard a wide range of speakers in a small room..and im not sure but i think i went ahead to pick up the coaxials from blaupunkt or JBL(dont remember exactly)..at that time budget was not the problem..among all the speakers i listened to the sony 6937s didnt appeal to me that much but the dealer said,i mean insisted that i use the sonys at the back and that they sounded way better when installed inside a zen..and trust me this guy knows what he says..so went ahead with the setup and wow i did like the effect to a great extent though they didnt sound like they can perform that good inside the room..even my friends who have systems in their cars like viva,scorpio and others (almost all of it was sony from HU to speakers and all these car had speakers both at the back and front)..inspite of that all my friends liked the effect in my car when compared to theirs..but this is mainly due to the fact that they were setup really well in my car..to tell u frankly i really enjoyed the system until i joined this forum..but once reading about amps,subs and comps i got instigated into upgrading my system,if not i was pretty satisfied with my existing configuration..so check how these sound on ur car and only then decide..
PS: had i known about this forum before i got my system then surely would have gone for the same setup im planning to upgrade now..its just that i had no idea about these stuff back then..and the effect of the compos rock in my car(oopss i mean in a zen owned by my dealers friend on which we tried my setup)..my ATM's(read mom and dad) are out of station so will get the stuff installed as soon as they return next week..
Old 8th September 2005, 01:57   #1223
BHPian

Quote:
i say that bcoz when i went to buy my system i too heard a wide range of speakers in a small room..and im not sure but i think i went ahead to pick up the coaxials from blaupunkt or JBL(dont remember exactly)..at that time budget was not the problem..among all the speakers i listened to the sony 6937s didnt appeal to me that much but the dealer said,i mean insisted that i use the sonys at the back and that they sounded way better when installed inside a zen..and trust me this guy knows what he says..so went ahead with the setup and wow i did like the effect to a great extent though they didnt sound like they can perform that good inside the room..even my friends who have systems in their cars like viva,scorpio and others (almost all of it was sony from HU to speakers and all these car had speakers both at the back and front)..inspite of that all my friends liked the effect in my car when compared to theirs..but this is mainly due to the fact that they were setup really well in my car..to tell u frankly i really enjoyed the system until i joined this forum..but once reading about amps,subs and comps i got instigated into upgrading my system,if not i was pretty satisfied with my existing configuration..so check how these sound on ur car and only then decide..
PS: had i known about this forum before i got my system then surely would have gone for the same setup im planning to upgrade now..its just that i had no idea about these stuff back then..and the effect of the compos rock in my car(oopss i mean in a zen owned by my dealers friend on which we tried my setup)..my ATM's(read mom and dad) are out of station so will get the stuff installed as soon as they return next week..
How much did these Sony ones costed you?
Old 8th September 2005, 02:07   #1224
BANNED

Quote:
How much did these Sony ones costed you?
the sony speakers that is the 6937s (350w,3-way speakers) cost me 2500 but that was 3 monts back,so should have come down by now..the whole setup cost me 11500..thats without any bargaining wondering why bcoz ..
Old 8th September 2005, 02:42   #1225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is what I wanted to confirm. Will the HU be able to drive 936e's all by itself. Others please pitch in and give your views as wel. Are you sleeping SAM?
Yes,
the HU can provide a reasonable amount of sound.. I have heard JBL 936 powered by a Sony HU and they sound pretty good...however, it will not mach the sound power you can get from an amp
Old 8th September 2005, 02:46   #1226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Yes,
the HU can provide a reasonable amount of sound.. I have heard JBL 936 powered by a Sony HU and they sound pretty good...however, it will not mach the sound power you can get from an amp
Thanks for your reply Buffet, In that case I'll definetely go in for the upgrade later on when I hv the money, so I guess 936e will make a Good Buy.
Old 8th September 2005, 03:08   #1227
BANNED

hey zehar so what have u chalked out in the end..whats the setup ur going with..
Old 8th September 2005, 03:16   #1228
BHPian

Quote:
hey zehar so what have u chalked out in the end..whats the setup ur going with..
Frankly speaking, I will be testing Sony 5510 with Sony Speakers, All the ones with 100W RMS but will different costs - Just due to low prices offered by Sony.

On the other hand I will also be considering JBL 936e and Blaupunkt's GTx 693 and see how they sound.
As the car is in Amritsar (I am in Chandigarh) with my Dad, I am not sure whether I will get JBL's there. But I have a few dealers in Chandigarh offering very competitive prices.

If I like the sound of Sony 5510 with Sony/Whatever speakers I get in Amritsar, I will buy it and will let you guys know.
Old 8th September 2005, 03:22   #1229
BANNED

fine zehar do check out the stuff and post the details of any further developments..btw man how come ur up on this forum every night and that too at odd times..
Old 8th September 2005, 03:28   #1230
BHPian

Quote:
fine zehar do check out the stuff and post the details of any further developments..btw man how come ur up on this forum every night and that too at odd times..
I am at work. As a Technical Expert with Dell Computer Inc. And Its a 24x7 Environment so Gotta bear with all kinda shifts

Last edited by zzzehar : 8th September 2005 at 03:37.

Most Viewed