Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2005, 23:34   #1201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
or you could get 606 in the front and rear. there is one advatantage of using components in the rear but this really makes sense when you got a HU that can do time delay.

with a component in the rear you can position the rear's tweeter to improve the soundstage in the front. now this is extremly hit and miss. it works better in my opel astra than in my wife's sail. you have to expriment a lot with fader levels, postion of the tweeters, and delay but it is possible.
i have sony 5610 & i think it donot have any time delay function. For my front componet i have both speeker & tweeer fixed on the door .. do you think putting tweeter here & there makes much sence. by the way what could be best position of tweeter??
Old 7th September 2005, 23:37   #1202
Senior - BHPian

hi guys

i have a Sony CDX-F7500 , Pioneer GM-X324 Amp with me.

I would be getting my new Santro 2mrw or so. I have about 15K to spend on speakers

here's what i need advice abt

1. what speaker would go into the frnt (4inch ones)
2. rear speakers... coaxial or component ones?
3. sub ... free air or tubes?
4. amp...should i get a 502Z just for sub ?
5. and stick with the pioneer ones for frnt/rear speakers or just rear or
frnt and rear ones straight frm HU

i can go for plywood panel at back for rear speakers cum sub
Old 8th September 2005, 00:01   #1203
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey lancer_mania

i think you are reffering to the JBL GTO 936e.they are the ones i have in my zen.they are 6 by 9 inch oval speakers and can handle power upto 100 W EACH. with a peak of 300 W.hope that clears your doubt.

Rev
hey REVTECH, may I know with which HU are u using your GTO936e's? Is there any Amp/Sub involved?
Sam I need your adivice on this.
I am planning to buy Pioneer 5750 but I am not sure as to which speakers to go for.
My budget is around 10K as you are already aware - And after having a word with the JBL Chandigarh JBL distributer, who will gimme products at a discount as I was reffered by Mr Balmeet in New Delhi and in turn by you Mr Sam Kapasi
As I can install only one set of speakers, Would you recommend going in for GTO 936e in the rear or 5 Inch components in the front? I am getting both at almost the same price, difference of only Rs 200. I like a lot of Bass and Clear Sound at loud Volumes, Please suggest, Others are also welcome for their inputs. Also keep in mind that I am not going in for any Amps or else, so what would be the output like? Or Shall I go in for low powered speakers say Blaupunkt GTx693 for Rs 3250, they fit my budget with small fronts.

Last edited by zzzehar : 8th September 2005 at 00:08.
Old 8th September 2005, 00:11   #1204
Senior - BHPian

hey i have some jvc head unit.dont know the model no. KD-something...if you want ill check and let you know when im in town.no amp or sub !!

i feel for more bass the 936e would be better.

Rev
Old 8th September 2005, 00:19   #1205
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzehar
As I can install only one set of speakers, Would you recommend going in for GTO 936e in the rear or 5 Inch components in the front? I am getting both at almost the same price, difference of only Rs 200. I like a lot of Bass and Clear Sound at loud Volumes, Please suggest, Others are also welcome for their inputs. Also keep in mind that I am not going in for any Amps or else, so what would be the output like? Or Shall I go in for low powered speakers say Blaupunkt GTx693 for Rs 3250, they fit my budget with small fronts.
well zehar if ur planning to run only a single pair of speakers on ur car then its better u go for the components up front..because as u drive the car the sound coming from the front will be more soothing to the ears than coming from the back..and if ur using only components in the front and nothing else then u dont have to go in for an amp at all(atleast for the moment)..the HU will drive the components pretty efficiently..then u can upgrade to an 4 channel amp and then to rear coaxials when budget permits..going in for a low powered speakers with an amp doesnt make sense and still the effect of the components without the amp will be far better than the low powered speakers with the amp..
Old 8th September 2005, 00:27   #1206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well zehar if ur planning to run only a single pair of speakers on ur car then its better u go for the components up front..because as u drive the car the sound coming from the front will be more soothing to the ears than coming from the back..and if ur using only components in the front and nothing else then u dont have to go in for an amp at all(atleast for the moment)..the HU will drive the components pretty efficiently..then u can upgrade to an 4 channel amp and then to rear coaxials when budget permits..going in for a low powered speakers with an amp doesnt make sense and still the effect of the components without the amp will be far better than the low powered speakers with the amp..

are you trying to say the bass from components will be better than the 936 e??

REv
Old 8th September 2005, 00:28   #1207
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
are you trying to say the bass from components will be better than the 936 e??

REv
No the bass of the components wont be better than the 936 E. The clarity of the components however would be miles ahead of the 936E.
Old 8th September 2005, 00:31   #1208
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
No the bass of the components wont be better than the 936 E. The clarity of the components however would be miles ahead of the 936E.
This is what I wanted to confirm. Will the HU be able to drive 936e's all by itself. Others please pitch in and give your views as wel. Are you sleeping SAM?
Old 8th September 2005, 00:37   #1209
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
The clarity of the components however would be miles ahead of the 936E.
thats what i intended to say..as ur budget is 10k it makes sense to buy a decent HU and use the rest to buy a good speaker..i prefer the components first because they are expensive and once u buy them its like a one time investment for the next 2yrs to come atleast..the rear coaxials can be added later as they cost half that of the compos..u will find it a burden to buy compos at the later stage than buying coaxials for which ul have to shell out less..
Old 8th September 2005, 00:39   #1210
BANNED

Quote:
Will the HU be able to drive 936e's all by itself.
the HU should have no problem driving the 936s whatsoever..so dont worry..
Old 8th September 2005, 00:42   #1211
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hey REVTECH, may I know with which HU are u using your GTO936e's? Is there any Amp/Sub involved?
Sam I need your adivice on this.
I am planning to buy Pioneer 5750 but I am not sure as to which speakers to go for.
My budget is around 10K as you are already aware - And after having a word with the JBL Chandigarh JBL distributer, who will gimme products at a discount as I was reffered by Mr Balmeet in New Delhi and in turn by you Mr Sam Kapasi

therefore i suggested the 936e

yeah the head unit will be able to power the speakers all by themselves without the help of an amp.

Rev
Old 8th September 2005, 00:43   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
the HU should have no problem driving the 936s whatsoever..so dont worry..
Like someone mentioned, I think Vivek that when he turns the volume upto 25 or above, the sound is not at all clear as these 936e's 100W feel under powered. I don't want that.
Old 8th September 2005, 00:51   #1213
BHPian

Quote:
therefore i suggested the 936e

yeah the head unit will be able to power the speakers all by themselves without the help of an amp.

Rev
hi, ReVteCh, You didn't tell the kind of setup you are using in your car? Please let me know.
Old 8th September 2005, 00:53   #1214
Senior - BHPian

zzzehar

all speakers distort beyond a certain point.one of the few ways to minimize this is by using an amplifier but unfortunately with a Tight budget like mine and yours we cant fit an amp.

with my jvc head unit i can turn the volume upto 34 with LOUD on.beyond that it starts cracking. and if i turn LOUD of then i can put the volume even at 40 with very little cracking.
it definitly doesnt start cracking at 25.

Rev
Old 8th September 2005, 00:57   #1215
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
hi, ReVteCh, You didn't tell the kind of setup you are using in your car? Please let me know.

i have one of the entry level jvc head unit.the best thing about my set up are the jbl gto 936e in the rear with blaunpank 4 inchers in the front.honestly i wanted to put the gto 426 in the front but ran out of money so had to put the blaunpanks.

no amps, no subs !! in a couple of days going to be upgrading my baleno system and for that my budget is 40k but i can stretch it

rev

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks