Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2005, 22:18   #1186
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
well what are the things one has got to keep in mind while installing an audio system to any of these cars
It depends (in real terms) on what kind of music one likes.

Following this thread from the start and didn't want to put any post but the line on your quote pushed me to reply.

By the way experts, is there any recommended setup for western classical music?
Old 7th September 2005, 22:35   #1187
BHPian

today i bought for my swift.. HU sony 5610 in 9K . In front JBL 606ce(6K) & back sony 1621(1.8K). I can say here that i wasted money in putting sony speakers. It stands nowhere in comparision to JBL. I'm planning to change my sony speakers as early as possible.
Old 7th September 2005, 22:44   #1188
Senior - BHPian

hey polo107
congrats on your new car buddy.you definitly cant compare jbl speakers and sony speakers there is a world of a difference.

Rev
Old 7th September 2005, 22:46   #1189
lancer_mania

hello
i have been reading this thread since a while now and have my eyes on the jbl 936 or is it 936 cant remember propely.this may sound stupid but here goes.it was mentioned its power output was 100 W rms is that for each speaker or both combined ??

Old 7th September 2005, 22:50   #1190
BHPian

thanks rev

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
hey polo107
congrats on your new car buddy.you definitly cant compare jbl speakers and sony speakers there is a world of a difference.

Rev
Thanks rev

i once thought that sony is also making good speakers..but know i will tell everybody to buy JBL..
Old 7th September 2005, 22:50   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer_mania
hello
i have been reading this thread since a while now and have my eyes on the jbl 936 or is it 936 cant remember propely.this may sound stupid but here goes.it was mentioned its power output was 100 W rms is that for each speaker or both combined ??

hey lancer_mania

i think you are reffering to the JBL GTO 936e.they are the ones i have in my zen.they are 6 by 9 inch oval speakers and can handle power upto 100 W EACH. with a peak of 300 W.hope that clears your doubt.

Rev
Old 7th September 2005, 22:56   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo107
Thanks rev

i once thought that sony is also making good speakers..but know i will tell everybody to buy JBL..

sony amps = good

sony head unit = decent

sony speakers = bad

no offence to those who have sony.actually its a matter of personal prefrence if you are used to sony then i guess you would think its good but once your introduced to a better brand like blaunpank or jbl you will really know the difference.

hope you get the speakers changed asap.i would suggest you go in for the jbl 936 e which are absolutely fabulous but that would set you back by 4750 so instead of that you could get the cs 396e.which are a little cheaper.

Rev
Old 7th September 2005, 22:57   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pranil
Hi, Buffetfan

I have also finalised Pioneer 7750. Where and for how much did you get it for. I was thinking of using it to power front comps and rear subwoofer
as mentioned in the booklet.

Also one last qeustion. How freindly really is the Commonder all in one dial and the listing of MP3. Please understand that I am a gizmo guy and I love to have diffrent setttings in all my electronics stuff .
[
I had responded to your PM...see that some questions remained unanswered

MP3 Listing...not seen yet :(..(It was shown to me by the person @ the shop...ater that never used it) so cant commetn
the all in one dial is cool but requires experience as pressing / rotating / tilting up/dn/left/right all result in different outcomes..I am still getting used to it. do not like the rough finish (it is a corrugated finish) though...
I had a 7450 earlier that I returned....the display of 7450 was better than 7750...but had only two o/p (amp o/P) for the rear..I had to choose powere between the Subwoofer and the rear speakers there..
Since I bought two amps, I decided to change to a 7750 which provides separate amp inputs for all four channles plus the sub.

Suggest you get a steering mounted remote since the complicated rotary control necessitates that one takes the eyes off the road while adjusting it....

bought in hyd last week around 9700 Rs (dont remember exact price as I managed some discount over the overall bill..but maybe around that)
Old 7th September 2005, 23:09   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
sony amps = good

sony head unit = decent

sony speakers = bad

Rev
yeah probably u r right. sony HU is really good..i'm thinking to put another GTO 606ce in back. what do you think about that. or should i put GTO636e.
Old 7th September 2005, 23:13   #1195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah probably u r right. sony HU is really good..i'm thinking to put another GTO 606ce in back. what do you think about that. or should i put GTO636e.
If you think the Sony suck, so will GTO 636E in comparison with 606E. Co-axials cant compete with components. Like stated previously its good to put better speakers up front and use the rear as fillers as this will give a better frontal sound stage. I have the GTO 636 in rear and 606 in front, I use the fader to put the output more towards the front.
My bro, who sat in my car was dissapointed with the rear speakers. So unless you want to have components in front and rear, I would say your existing setup is good, use the fader to move the sound more to the front and use the rear only as FILLERS.
Old 7th September 2005, 23:20   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

if you have 4750 to spend go in for the gto 936e.trust me you wont regret it.it wont make sence putting another set of 606ce at the back instead but the 936.

Rev
Old 7th September 2005, 23:20   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
If you think the Sony suck, so will GTO 636E in comparison with 606E. Co-axials cant compete with components. .
in that case i will wait to upgrade my back speakers to GTO 606ce..
Old 7th September 2005, 23:22   #1198
Team-BHP Support

or you could get 606 in the front and rear. there is one advatantage of using components in the rear but this really makes sense when you got a HU that can do time delay.

with a component in the rear you can position the rear's tweeter to improve the soundstage in the front. now this is extremly hit and miss. it works better in my opel astra than in my wife's sail. you have to expriment a lot with fader levels, postion of the tweeters, and delay but it is possible.
Old 7th September 2005, 23:23   #1199
lancer_mania

thanx revtech.and is it true that some special cables come along with jbl speakers how are they better than ordinary ones if so

Old 7th September 2005, 23:26   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
if you have 4750 to spend go in for the gto 936e.trust me you wont regret it.it wont make sence putting another set of 606ce at the back instead but the 936.

Rev
well i have to find out whether it will fit into my swift without any alteration..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks