Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd October 2012, 13:26   #11716
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

hey guys.

to start off, I never met Sam (the creator of this thread) in real life, but his absence echoes in the forum and in my heart. RIP Sam. I wish he was here to help me out. you will be missed forever. :'(

MODS: I'd go through the thread, but there are way too many replies. So please bear with me.

Well, here's what I got: Stock Toyota Fortuner (pre-facelift) which has done around 87k on the odo, and a budget between 35-40k, nothing more or nothing less.

music genres:- Dubstep,House,Trance,Rock & Roll,Metal. More of a bass oriented guy, but I listen to all kinds of genres.

bhpians who are gonna help me out, please note that the budget includes the cost for installing, wiring, damping, too.

So please suggest a proper person, or place in Mumbai, preferably suburbs, who knows his job, and also wouldn't charge premium for it.

Will be modding the ICE in late november-early december.

PS: I dont have much idea about subs and amps..more of a gear head than a entertainment guy. So, I will be directly following the suggestions which according to you all, is the best for the budget.

Thanks.
Old 3rd October 2012, 16:52   #11717
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imran.Syed View Post
hey guys.
please suggest a proper person, or place in Mumbai, preferably suburbs, who knows his job, and also wouldn't charge premium for it.
Thanks.
Please check the "Mumbai" recommendation thread for the same. There are good places for ICE listed here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/
Old 4th October 2012, 00:00   #11718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Please check the "Mumbai" recommendation thread for the same. There are good places for ICE listed here.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai/
yeah, but i need advise here, because teambhp is my prime adviser when it comes to anything related to wheels.

like what amp, speakers, subs.

Gurus, a little help here?
Old 4th October 2012, 11:40   #11719
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yeah, but i need advise here, because teambhp is my prime adviser when it comes to anything related to wheels.

like what amp, speakers, subs.

Gurus, a little help here?
  • Damping using Dynamat sheet - approx 10,000/- - covers Boot, floor and doors.
  • JBL GTO 609C - 6500(for Front)
  • Infinity Kappa 42.9 (Rear) - 4000/-
  • JBL GTX 4 channel amp - 8000/- (for speakers)
  • JBL CS1215T Sub Wooer - 6500/-
  • SOny XM GTX60212 1 channel amp for Subwoofer - 4000/-
  • Scosche/Audison.Tsunami Wiring - 5000
The total comes to around 43 but you can bargain hard to close it at 40.

Installation is free if you purchase all the above from the same dealer.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 4th October 2012 at 11:59.
Old 4th October 2012, 11:53   #11720
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Well, here's what I got: Stock Toyota Fortuner (pre-facelift) which has done around 87k on the odo, and a budget between 35-40k, nothing more or nothing less.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
  • Damping using Dynamat sheet - approx 10,000/- - covers Boot, floor and doors.
  • JBL GTO 609C - 6500(for Front)
  • Infinity Kappa 42.9 (Rear) - 4000/-
  • JBL GTX 4 channel amp - 8000/- (for speakers)
  • JBL CS1215T Sub Wooer - 6500/-
  • SOny XM GTX60212 i channel amp for Subwoofer - 4000/-
  • Scosche/Audison.Tsunami Wiring - 5000
The total comes to around 43 but you can bargain hard to close it at 40.
I like Scopiobharath's recomendation.

I am not familiar with your music but I assume it is electronic and bass heavy.

If you need to cut corners (to bring the price down) I would replace the Infinity Kappa rear speakers with a JBL 6x9 (Infinity and JBL are from the same stable so the dealers are also the same) like the GTO949 or GT6-699 and maybe save about 1-2K on the damping. This should save you 2-3K.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2012, 17:41   #11721
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi Guys, Need some help on a good music system. Whats the best option available in the market within the specified budget. Would appreciate if Serial Numbers and Prices are also mentioned.

Your Car: Mahindra Xylo
Your current setup (If any): None.
Your Budget: Rs 20,000/-
Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? Self Driven
Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Nothing specific

Additional Information:

Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : No

Requirements :
  • Head Unit
  • Door speakers (not woofers since they would take up space)
  • Headrest mounted screens (front seats only)
  • Tweeters
Old 8th October 2012, 11:05   #11722
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
Your Car: Mahindra Xylo
Your Budget: Rs 20,000/-[*]Head Unit[*]Door speakers (not woofers since they would take up space)[*]Headrest mounted screens (front seats only)[*]Tweeters[/list][/indent]
I dont know the Xylo's stock speaker locations or recomendations (manufacturers usually will mention the size of speaker the sock locations are designed for).

For 20K I would suggest getting a simple system using a HU and 4 speakers and damp the doors. Spend about 6k on the HU (Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, etc..) and about 10K on Front and rear speakers (JBL's GT6 series etc..). Damping the front doors should cost you 4K.
Old 8th October 2012, 18:38   #11723
BHPian

Ok guys just got myself a Honda City S-MT. im planning to keep the stock HU, but plan to install components, amp and a woofer. Can someone suggest which ones are the best (budget buys please) and what is the approx 'kharcha' i can expect?
Old 8th October 2012, 21:17   #11724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenopower View Post
Ok guys just got myself a Honda City S-MT. im planning to keep the stock HU, but plan to install components, amp and a woofer. Can someone suggest which ones are the best (budget buys please) and what is the approx 'kharcha' i can expect?
I recently upgraded my ICE setup with an amp and a woofer.

1. JBL GT-X424 2 channel Amp - Sourced it from someone through OLX, cost 3000. 3 months old. New one should cost between 3.5k-4k. Nothing high end, but does the job well. Good for a budget setup.
2. Rockford Fosgate P112S4 12" subwoofer. Cost: 3500/- (Original cost is 6.8k, dealer is currently giving a discount on this one) Sealed enclosure: 1600/-.
Now this is one damn good product. It has really tight and accurate bass, unlike most JBL woofers, which is generally the preferred choice for budget setups, which usually tend to be too boomy (this is my own opinion). The rockford does pack a really good punch. I love my car audio after this woofer.

As for components, no experience with them as yet. Planning to get a set soon..
Old 12th October 2012, 23:34   #11725
Senior - BHPian

I have Pioneer 2450bt,, Morel Maximo compos driven by JBL GT-X646 4-Channel amp in my Sunny. Sadly one of the tweeter is not working. Planning to get the tweeter repaired under warranty. When i bought the speakers in January, they were not available in Hyd and the dealer specially got them from Mumbai distributor just for me. I am no sure how easy it is to claim warranty.

Planning to add new compos in my car. If Morel gets repaired, i will put them in the back. Please suggest compos and woofer.

I listen to 60-70s hindi music, jazz, technal podcasts. Podcasts should really sound good. Do i need bright speakers for that? I don't want to buy a mono amp for now. The woofer will be drven by Jbl x-646.

My budget is 20k. Wiring is already done including for woofer. I got scoche wiring.

Checked with dealer and he is stocking Focal, Polk, Jbl and Infinity.

Last edited by satish_appasani : 12th October 2012 at 23:38.
Old 14th October 2012, 02:09   #11726
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I dont know the Xylo's stock speaker locations or recomendations (manufacturers usually will mention the size of speaker the sock locations are designed for).

For 20K I would suggest getting a simple system using a HU and 4 speakers and damp the doors. Spend about 6k on the HU (Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC, etc..) and about 10K on Front and rear speakers (JBL's GT6 series etc..). Damping the front doors should cost you 4K.
Thanks for the suggestion Navin!

Below is an estimate that I received from a accessoriess shop :

Pioneer HU (DVD receiver) : DVH-3490UB : Rs 7500 / -
Dapic Headrest screens (set of 2) : Rs 7500 / -
JBL speakers (set of 4) : Rs 5000 / -

Comes to exactly 20,000 + additional for wirings.
Old 14th October 2012, 09:18   #11727
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12 View Post
JBL speakers (set of 4) : Rs 5000 / -
5K for 2 pairs of speakers? Which model?
Old 14th October 2012, 09:58   #11728
BHPian

Guys need help to tune the ICe..

My set up is Kennny 7016 + DD6.5 CS Comps + 1260w sealed sub + Kenny XR4S(bridget to run sub)

Need tuning advice for SPL....

Thnaks
Old 14th October 2012, 13:25   #11729
BHPian

Hi Gurus, Need inputs for a friend he is buying a wagon r CNG and got an option from maruti for a Nippon HU and 2 Nippon speakers its some PRO package which includes other accessories. What we are concerned about is the HU as in future he would like to upgrade speakers to Focal.

Is the Nippon HU good for future upgrades?
Should he look for a after market HU instead of Nippon?
Any suggestions on HU?

Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 16:07   #11730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyes09 View Post
Hi Gurus, Need inputs for a friend he is buying a wagon r CNG and got an option from maruti for a Nippon HU and 2 Nippon speakers its some PRO package which includes other accessories. What we are concerned about is the HU as in future he would like to upgrade speakers to Focal.

Is the Nippon HU good for future upgrades?
Should he look for a after market HU instead of Nippon?
Any suggestions on HU?

Thanks
I think what you are talking about is the WagonR pro that Maruti announced sometime back, includes 2-DIN HU, body decals, full wheel covers (???) car perfume (yeah right!! ) etc. etc. They said they were charging an additional amount of 20k for this, while aftermarket it would cost 30k. You can find the complete information on this link.

Bottom line is, decide whether your friend really needs all these accessories. It would be a waste to pay 20K for all that when all you are really looking for is this HU. Plus, the only good part of this HU will probably be USB support. I doubt it will have any pre-outs.

Secondly, if he is planning to upgrade to Focal (components I assume, at least in front), an aftermarket HU will do much more justice to sound quality that this HU. Also, in case he wants an amp to power the speakers, an aftermarket HU with pre-outs will be more convenient. There are many entry level as well as some higher end ones available, like Pioneer, JBL, Alpine, JVC, etc. They will be much more worth it in the long run.

My suggestion would be, unless your friend is interested in all the accessories that the PRO package offers, it is not worth going for the Nippon HU. A better option would be to buy the WagonR without the PRO package, and get an aftermarket HU installed. In case he is too concerned about warranty issues with aftermarket products, he can get it installed at the dealership itself. Maruti will do that, though I daresay that the choice will be limited.

All the best!
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks