Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2005, 03:30   #1156
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

peooopleee we had requested this topic not be discussed anymore for obvious reasons..would really appreciate we all put and end to this..wonder why some guys dont read the previous posts where its clearly mentioned "this topic is prohibited for discussion"..revtech no offense intended dude but lets talk about some audio stuff and not crib like small kids..
Old 7th September 2005, 03:36   #1157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
peooopleee we had requested this topic not be discussed anymore for obvious reasons..would really appreciate we all put and end to this..wonder why some guys dont read the previous posts where its clearly mentioned "this topic is prohibited for discussion"..revtech no offense intended dude but lets talk about some audio stuff and not crib like small kids..
Yes, lets put an end to this, however whatever REVTECH has written carries weightage. So let's CHILL.

Last edited by zzzehar : 7th September 2005 at 03:42.
Old 7th September 2005, 03:43   #1158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
dude firstly no offence taken
secondly dude...im not cribbing.this matter doesnt concern me at all.i dont know sam or aseem from adam.but being a bhpian i just want to keep up the standards of team bhp and im trying to settle the dispute.

jus for your information i follow this thread each and every day and i have read all the previous posts.i didnt post earlier because i didnt feel the need to but now i just wanted to end this matter once and for all and so i posted !!

Rev

p.s no offence intended !!
Old 7th September 2005, 03:50   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
Buffetfan, Power can be addtive right? :-)

before I got married I had over 600W rms in my car.
a single 300w amp powered the subs. 3 10" home brew subs in a TL. Yes I made the drivers! and a 75x4 powered the front and rear. Polk 3 way speakers with my home brew crossovers (CTR caps, soft ferrite core inductors, etc..).

Vivek, imagine this a TL in a car! :-) I must have been really mad.
Navin,
I totally agree with youn ..on the other hand, after going to the wrong side of 30, I have turned into more of a ghazal / slow song person...so it was refreshing to listen to some fast number on my hi powered system.

I still doubt whether my alternator can take the load...(despite everyone telling me it will) so I ended up buying a Pioneer HU (7750) that displays the Voltage sent by the battery...when it drops below 13V for more than a few secs..I know it is time to turn down the volume / switch either the Headlight or AC or the subwoofer off. Of course this is decided more by the ambient conditions ...

I read somewhere that full load test for alternators is @ 12V o/P...so just want to play it safe by keping a 1 V margin of safety

Last edited by Aditya : 7th September 2005 at 20:17.
Old 7th September 2005, 08:11   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffetfan
Navin,

I still doubt whether my alternator can take the load...(despite everyone telling me it will) so I ended up buying a Pioneer HU (7750) that displays the Voltage sent by the battery...when it drops below 13V for more than a few secs..I know it is time to turn down the volume / switch either the Headlight or AC or the subwoofer off. Of course this is decided more by the ambient conditions ...

Hi, Buffetfan

I have also finalised Pioneer 7750. Where and for how much did you get it for. I was thinking of using it to power front comps and rear subwoofer
as mentioned in the booklet.

Also one last qeustion. How freindly really is the Commonder all in one dial and the listing of MP3. Please understand that I am a gizmo guy and I love to have diffrent setttings in all my electronics stuff .
Old 7th September 2005, 09:39   #1161
BHPian

Navin, a TL in the car. Interesting idea. Can you give me some more details about that? I have a sub for HT with two 8 inch Bolton drivers mounted on opposite ends in a 40L box. I wonder how this will perform in my car.

Last edited by Vivekphadnis : 7th September 2005 at 09:45.
Old 7th September 2005, 09:56   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Rest to make my stand clear. Navin is a great guy, he is the touch above the rest of us here. His criticism is constructive. He is not a self declared teacher, or one who tries to bring you down with his knowledge. He has been always polite and is not on this forum to sell anything. He advises what he feels is right. Apologies to Navin if he took the dig at Vivek to himself, it was never meant to be that way. However I would have appreciated if you would have checked Vivek in the first place when he had taken a dig at me.

My 40 years of experience jibe was at your freind Vivek who had posted this above. This is personal and has a lot of sarcasm. Rest Sam, what I have in my car, or what I advocate is nothing to do with you. I have a free will and can make my own decisions. Advise from you is like going through a JBL price list, my advise is unbiased. I am not making money by selling JBL on this forum. I have no vested interest, my advise is for the people to read, if they like it they can listen to it, else they can listen to you.
You might have 16 years of experience, but dont be so insecure about yourself. Everything you have written so far about me is in a very bad taste.
Aseem, first of all, some of the info you give out to others is totally incorrect. Please, please get your facts right before posting. Secondly, you dont have to tell Sam to check me. Sam and I are on great terms unlike you. This is getting ridiculous.
Old 7th September 2005, 14:52   #1163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Aseem, first of all, some of the info you give out to others is totally incorrect. Please, please get your facts right before posting. Secondly, you dont have to tell Sam to check me. Sam and I are on great terms unlike you. This is getting ridiculous.
Vivek, we want to put this hatchet behind us. I feel all of us have been guilty to some extent in providing incomplete or incorrect information.
I could also show incorrect information posted by other members on this thread. Please highlight and qoute the information I have provided which you feel is wrong, and we can discuss that. Once again I stress I do not want this meaningless debate to carry on!
Old 7th September 2005, 14:59   #1164
BHPian

Look Aseem, when you said a minimum of 140W RMS is needed for entry level subs, I felt it is not a correct statement. That is all. If you feel others have posted wrong info, please point it out. We can discuss and sort things out instead of making this a personal ego thing. Tell you what. All of us stop this nonsense and fighting like kids now and get constructive. Game for that?
Old 7th September 2005, 15:03   #1165
Senior - BHPian

I am game Vivek! No point drooling over things that lead to no where!
Old 7th September 2005, 15:04   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
BTW talking off topic. on our first date I explained to my wife how an auto tranmission worked and how dolby noise reduction reduced hiss. you think that should have warned her.
Navin, when I marry my wife is in for some really lengthy audio lessons. You started with Dolby C. I will probably start with Dolby/DTS 5.1 or should it be 7.1 THX Ultra (latest first you see).
Old 7th September 2005, 15:07   #1167
BHPian

Things are now sorted out. Yay! So what is the latest from your car and audio system?
Try not to go overboard with the smileys

Last edited by ported_head : 7th September 2005 at 16:27.
Old 7th September 2005, 15:11   #1168
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

finallyyy..so lets get back to talking about amps,subs,HU,speakers et all !!! of lately not much tech talk going on,was like that sleepy..
Old 7th September 2005, 15:13   #1169
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
Things are now sorted out. Yay! So what is the latest from your car and audio system?
Things are sorted Well I am adding a Sony 504Z this weekend to my car. I am going to use it to drive my fronts and my JBL CS 1200T tube. The tube has 140 RMS, and 504 gives 120W in bridged mode, so I should be good.
I am not amplifying my rears, doing what I advocate
Please go easy with the smileys

Last edited by ported_head : 7th September 2005 at 16:29.
Old 7th September 2005, 15:17   #1170
BHPian

How much does the 504Z cost? I checked out the Sony India site and it said some Rs. 6000. Are you buying it with a bill and warranty?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks