Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2012, 13:10   #11581
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You need not connect the Xenos HU at all. The right way to connect the amp is to connect a Line Output Converter (Hi-Lo Converter) which converts the high level speaker output signal to correct level for amp input, and provides RCA sockets to connect the RCA cables to the amp.

Some amps accept speaker-level input directly, not needing an LOC. Check your amp's specs if it can.
Thanks for the advice. The installer already suggested this to me (using a Line Converter). However, I was not sure whether this would result in a loss in SQ. Is that something I should be concerned about?

Last edited by swarnava.m : 21st May 2012 at 13:14.
Old 21st May 2012, 14:49   #11582
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
... result in a loss in SQ. Is that something I should be concerned about?
No, SQ is not a big concern unless you get a low quality LOC.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2012, 23:38   #11583
Senior - BHPian

My WagonR's battery is five year and one month old (same as the age of the car, stock amaron battery). It is still cranking the engine freely and performs like new.

I am actually planning to upgrade my car's ICE by adding a JBL Basstube + Two rear speakers + an amplifier to power both components. My car has a Sony CD/FM player along with two dashboard speakers. Will this upgrade strain the battery? Also as the HU is also five years old, so will it be OK to have bass tube and speakers/amplifiers installed considering the age of battery/car/HU?

Please suggest good budget setup for my requirement. I don't want anything fancy but should be good enough for a starter.
Old 22nd May 2012, 00:24   #11584
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My WagonR's battery is five year and one month old (same as the age of the car, stock amaron battery). It is still cranking the engine freely and performs like new.

I am actually planning to upgrade my car's ICE by adding a JBL Basstube + Two rear speakers + an amplifier to power both components. My car has a Sony CD/FM player along with two dashboard speakers. Will this upgrade strain the battery? Also as the HU is also five years old, so will it be OK to have bass tube and speakers/amplifiers installed considering the age of battery/car/HU?

Please suggest good budget setup for my requirement. I don't want anything fancy but should be good enough for a starter.
The age of the car or the HU should not be an issue, unless abused. Not so sure about the battery. However, you can try upgrading to a better system with the existing battery, and see if it works out. If not, well, 5 years is good time to go for a new battery. But since you say that the battery still performs like new, you can probably continue with it.

JBL Basstube is a good idea, but it will not perform to its true potential without a sufficiently competent amp. JBL GTX 646 is one that can be a good candidate. As for rear speakers, it will be best to audition various different speakers. JBL or Infinity are my favorites here.

As for the HU and dashboard speakers, please replace them asap. I personally never liked any of Sony's products in car audio, and IMHO, people only go for them because they are cheap. A decent Pioneer HU with USB, Aux-In and 2 RCA outs will be a good idea, so that you can comfortably run a 4 channel amp. Apart from this, 5/6" inch components in the front are excellent in terms of SQ. JBL or Hertz, your choice. However, as said above, auditioning various brands is always an excellent idea.

Do get back with what setup you go for finally. And some pics, please.
swarnava.m is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 10:29   #11585
Senior - BHPian

your existing battery should be fine. But using your dash speakers along with a bass tube might make your setup too bass heavy. but your car doesnt have space for front components. The rear speakers should help to some extent, but the sound bias will still not be perfect
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2012, 11:44   #11586
Senior - BHPian

CAn anyone suggest which is a better buy in components among these two-
infinity 6530cs
hertz dsk165

Also any idea of the current market price?
IS there any other better component within the price range of 7-8k max.

Last edited by harry10 : 31st May 2012 at 11:46.
Old 31st May 2012, 12:59   #11587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
CAn anyone suggest which is a better buy in components among these two-
infinity 6530cs
hertz dsk165

Also any idea of the current market price?
IS there any other better component within the price range of 7-8k max.
I heard them both in a shop, and I would suggest Infinity. However, do not take a decision based on any opinions on the forum. Listen to them yourself. Your liking might not be the same as everyone else's!
Old 31st May 2012, 20:35   #11588
BHPian

Dear All,

Does anyone know a good SHOP where I can find some really knowledgeable guy who can help me tune my amplifier? Or can anyone in or AROUND thane can help me out regarding this?

I really need to know if my Amp has been tuned right?.

Kind Regards,
Apurva.
Old 31st May 2012, 20:58   #11589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqplus View Post
Dear All,

Does anyone know a good SHOP where I can find some really knowledgeable guy who can help me tune my amplifier? Or can anyone in or AROUND thane can help me out regarding this?

I really need to know if my Amp has been tuned right?.

Kind Regards,
Apurva.
Why dont you try this shop at Colaba (HERE).

(Dadar)

They offer good service. You could drive down from Thane to Colaba and be back home for Lunch. Amp tuning takes 30 mins at the Max. Since they do a good job, I personally would prefer to drive down to colaba and get it done professionally rather than a novice doing it.

Last edited by scopriobharath : 31st May 2012 at 21:00.
Old 31st May 2012, 21:50   #11590
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath
They offer good service. You could drive down from Thane to Colaba and be back home for Lunch. Amp tuning takes 30 mins at the Max. Since they do a good job, I personally would prefer to drive down to colaba and get it done professionally rather than a novice doing it.
I am sure there are good installer in Thane. Mumbai is a big city and every neighbourhood has some good installers. It makes sense to go to someone near you.
Old 1st June 2012, 00:37   #11591
BHPian

I believe there will be good ones in Thane. But I think I will prefer going to COLABA and getting it done; also to learn the technicalities. I am really keen to learn about 'sound'.

Thanks Bharath and thanks Navin.

Cheers.

Apurva.
Old 5th June 2012, 18:36   #11592
Senior - BHPian

Guys which one will give best results in a WagonR - 10" Bass tube or 12" Bass tube.
Old 5th June 2012, 18:56   #11593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Guys which one will give best results in a WagonR - 10" Bass tube or 12" Bass tube.
10'' Bass tube would be more than sufficient for WagonR. Since Wagonr is a hatchback and the the cabin area is small 10'' and 12'' would not make a difference at all. The difference can be felt in a tourister / Tempo-Traveller type of vehicle, 12'' will make all passengers feel more bass.

I have auditioned Scorpios, Xylos and Innovas with 10'' basstube and they rock.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2012, 14:45   #11594
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
... Since Wagonr is a hatchback and the the cabin area is small 10'' and 12'' would not make a difference at all. The difference can be felt in a tourister / Tempo-Traveller type of vehicle, ...
The 10"/12" has no proportionality with the vehicle internal volume. Apples to apples, a 10" usually doesn't go as low as a 12" can, and even in a WR a 10" sub would need to be driven harder (more power, more excursion) than a 12" sub to get the same loudness in the front seats. The perceived loudness is proportional to the air mass moved, which is proportional to the surface area of the sub - do the math .
DerAlte is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 22:55   #11595
BHPian

I am buying a new i20 (i gen) magna which comes without a player. Can anyone suggest a double din touch screen (was considering Pioneer AVH4490BT or JVC AVX 746). Features required are USB, aux in (can be compromised), dvd player and most important - bluetooth with phone book sync. which means i should be able to see contact names on the screen while making or recieveing calls. Budget - 20-25k.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks