Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2012, 11:13   #11551
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
... Can you suggest where i can get the custom trim for my system? ...
A custom trim would need to be fabricated - wouldn't be available off the shelf.

If I may make a simple jugaad suggestion till you find someone who can fabricate one for you, hunt for round black beading. This usually comes as shiny thin rubber pipes different diameters. Ask around at upholstery guys, they should be able to tell you where in which shops you can find it. A suitable beading, with notches cut wherever the HU corners are there to enable a sharp bend, will be able to hide the gap when pressed into it.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 16:00   #11552
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
DerAlte: Can you suggest where i can get the custom trim for my system? If you can source one in Banglore I can collect from there. I will be in Banglore next week.
Hi,

I think & suggest that, you need different sized 2/3 trims of 2&1 din size[ like 1st item in ebay link page], cut into pieces according to gaps, & join them with bonding agent like Loctite or you can stick that with 2 sided adhesive tape also, it's jugaad work why can't you try..

2 din trim | eBay

Last edited by subbarao : 19th April 2012 at 16:02. Reason: correction
subbarao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 17:05   #11553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbarao View Post
Hi,

I think & suggest that,
Thanks this should be helpfull. Let me order this.
Old 21st April 2012, 20:35   #11554
Senior - BHPian

the optra is the lacetti right ?
would this work ?
Chevrolet Aveo, Lacetti 2002> Double Din Car Stereo Fascia Trim Panel CT23CV05 | eBay
more options https://www.google.co.in/search?sour...F-8&q=CT23CV05
or is the magnum dash different ?

EDIT: your centre console looks different compared to what google throws up for optra magnum dash
what gives ??

Last edited by greenhorn : 21st April 2012 at 20:43.
Old 25th April 2012, 11:51   #11555
Team-BHP Support

Need help! I have conveniently lost the Head Unit Faceplate for my Alpine CDE-103 EBT. What are the options that i have? Are they available from Alpine itself? Or buy a new head unit :(
Old 25th April 2012, 13:40   #11556
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Need help! I have conveniently lost the Head Unit Faceplate for my Alpine CDE-103 EBT. What are the options that i have? Are they available from Alpine itself? Or buy a new head unit :(
I don't believe Alpine has spare face plates.

Something similar happened to a friend of mine some 3 years ago who lost his Pioneer HU (he had taken the face plate with him). He was now stuck with only the faceplate. I told him to try Chor Bazar in Mumbai and sure enough he found a HU that went with his faceplate. I guess there is a market for everything.

Is there a Chor Bazar like place where you live?
Old 25th April 2012, 17:15   #11557
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
I don't believe Alpine has spare face plates.

Something similar happened to a friend of mine some 3 years ago who lost his Pioneer HU (he had taken the face plate with him). He was now stuck with only the faceplate. I told him to try Chor Bazar in Mumbai and sure enough he found a HU that went with his faceplate. I guess there is a market for everything.

Is there a Chor Bazar like place where you live?
Navin,

chor bazar would be there but it would be a pain to get the exact model and then again god knows it will be working or not. Moreover personally i really dont want to contribute to their nature of business

Good new is i got some leads and news is quite positive, got hold of the Indian arm of Alpine (Supreme Hi-Fidelity Pvt Ltd) and they have confirmed that Front Panel can be arranged. They were quite punctual with replies and have guided me to the BLR office for payment. Have to cut a DD tomorrow for 4025/- INR and they will place the order.

One very expensive auto ride this has become But atleast am not stuck with a dud system which is just about a year old. Such is life!
Old 26th April 2012, 10:47   #11558
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Have to cut a DD tomorrow for 4025/- INR and they will place the order.
Ouch. Well atleast it will be a new HU.
Old 28th April 2012, 18:59   #11559
Team-BHP Support

Got it ! Brand new face plate with the carry box. I was wondering if the box is also included and indeed it is. So Alpine India HU users, we have a ray of hope.

Might impressed with the service also, flat 3 days it was arranged and kept me always in the loop by emails. The person Mr Umanath from Delhi even gave me a call just now to check if all is well! Thank you! Even DTS Electronics, Bangalore dealer was very courteous and prompt in his dealings.
Old 5th May 2012, 11:47   #11560
BHPian

I did search this thread for some relevant posts, but could not find the exact answer.

Today I installed JBL CS4 4" speakers in the front of my Alto, and have been running MTX 6x9 co-axials at the rear. The head unit is from Xenos, about 5 years old. I wanted a better bass response, and the guy at the accessories shop told me that a cheap option would be to get a box for the 6x9 speaker and keep them in the boot instead of on the parcel tray, where they are currently fitted. He showed me a box, said there was a partition inside it, and the bass response would be much better once I installed these.

Anyways I wanted to get rid of the parcel tray, since it has started sagging considerably, and causes a problem in closing the hatch door properly.

My concern is, I am basically not putting any amp or subwoofer, just considering getting these boxes (enclosures, are they?) as this guy recommended. Is it a good idea, and would the results be worthwhile? Also, is there any specific material, design etc. that I should insist upon?

He quoted me 1600/- for a set of two boxes. Is the price alright?
Old 6th May 2012, 00:39   #11561
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.m View Post
......the guy at the accessories shop told me that a cheap option would be to get a box for the 6x9 speaker.... My concern is, I am basically not putting any amp or subwoofer... Is it a good idea, and would the results be worthwhile? Also, is there any specific material, design etc. that I should insist upon? He quoted me 1600/- for a set of two boxes. Is the price alright?
What you most likely will get is a reduction in the lower bass but an increase in the mid-bass. 6x9s are designed for rear deck installs (usually having a Qts above 0.5). In the rear deck this works fine in a small box the Qttc of the system (woofer + box) would be something like 1-1.2 and this is not entirely bad. What the higher Q does it give a hump in the low frequency response of the driver with a faster roll off after that. So in all likehod waht you might experience is an increase in the region of 80-150Hz and a fast drop of after maybe 50Hz. For some pop and dance music this effect is appreciated for classical music this is not.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 16:37   #11562
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
... in a small box the Qttc of the system (woofer + box) would be something like 1-1.2 ...
From the description by @swarnava, "said there was a partition inside it", it sounds like a ported box with a rectangular port.

The ones that I have seen are 'sealed' boxes with no sealing, like @ghpk's description of subwoofer boxes in Allahabad, with no T-S parameter pretenses. These rob whatever low-end coming out of the 6x9s. I had thought it could be a phase problem, but no they were wired correctly.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th May 2012, 16:52   #11563
BHPian

I have another query here. 5 years back, I had a 7" TFT Sun Visor Screen from Xenos fitted in my car. The link for the same is TFT Screen. This screen has two inputs (yellow RCA cable). One of them go into the Head Unit which plays DVDs.

I purchased an iPod to RCA cable and tried connecting my iPod video to this cable. However, the video comes really messed up, like as if its in two layers, with the colors horrible messed up as well. But I tried hooking up the iPod to the LCD TV using the same cable, and it worked well. I also tried another cable, and another iPod, but the TFT Screen doesn't seem to work properly with any of them.

Any clues on how I might make this thing work?
Old 6th May 2012, 23:41   #11564
Senior - BHPian

there are multiple video formats - NTSC (american), PAL ( B,G, and a bunch of others), SECAM etc. I think there might be some sort of mismatch. find out which formats the monitor supports (the link you posted doesnt have any info), and change the output format in the ipod or the input format in the monitor (if either of them supports it. else try all combos until one of them works )
Have not used ipods , so not sure how to acess the menu in question (same for teh monitor too). Start reading their manuals or google
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 07:55   #11565
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
there are multiple video formats - NTSC (american), PAL ( B,G, and a bunch of others), SECAM etc. I think there might be some sort of mismatch. find out which formats the monitor supports (the link you posted doesnt have any info), and change the output format in the ipod or the input format in the monitor (if either of them supports it. else try all combos until one of them works )
Have not used ipods , so not sure how to acess the menu in question (same for teh monitor too). Start reading their manuals or google
Thanks!! That worked!! All it took was changing the output format from PAL to NTSC.

And now I am feeling really ashamed. Dunno how I myself missed out on thinking of something as basic as THAT in the first place!!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks