Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd April 2012, 02:05   #11506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
^^ the best that I can suggest for this budget is
  1. MDF or ply tray as a parcel shelf
  2. a pair of low end 6*9s to be mounted on that tray(if you can source some decent pre-owned JBL GTO637 for,say 1500bucks,nothing like it)
I already have a parcel shelf mounted. Any other options except the GTOs which u mentioned? And is it possible to fit 4”s at the back? Getting a pair of pioneers for a good price and it is bra
nd new.
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:36   #11507
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

I am thinking about adding an amp+sub+rear fill to my existing set up (Alpine CDA 117 HU+Rainbow SLG F3 Kick Components). As a first step, I am looking to get a good 4 ch amp wiring kit. My first option is Kolossus Fleks 4 Gauge 4 Channel Amplifier Installation Kit from KnuKonceptz. It will cost me 82$ ($71.49+$10.49 shipping to US). If I plan to ship it ti India, it will cost me 113 USD ($71.49+$49.50 shipping) and will take about 3 weeks as per the info provided by them.

My question is - is there any other good alternatives available in our market for the price range of INR 5000 or less? How about Scoche \ Kicker?

Or, should I get the Scoche e1000 from here and upgrade the RCAs and speaker wires? If I opt for the second option, I may go for Belden 8473 (14 awg), but I am open for suggestions. Which RCAs should I choose?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
Old 3rd April 2012, 11:56   #11508
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by theexperthand View Post
I am thinking about adding an amp+sub+rear fill to my existing set up (Alpine CDA 117 HU+Rainbow SLG F3 Kick Components). As a first step, I am looking to get a good 4 ch amp wiring kit. My first option is Kolossus Fleks 4 Gauge 4 Channel Amplifier Installation Kit from KnuKonceptz. It will cost me 82$ ($71.49+$10.49 shipping to US). If I plan to ship it ti India, it will cost me 113 USD ($71.49+$49.50 shipping) and will take about 3 weeks as per the info provided by them.

My question is - is there any other good alternatives available in our market for the price range of INR 5000 or less? How about Scoche \ Kicker?

Or, should I get the Scoche e1000 from here and upgrade the RCAs and speaker wires? If I opt for the second option, I may go for Belden 8473 (14 awg), but I am open for suggestions. Which RCAs should I choose?

Any pointers will be greatly appreciated.
The Belden 8473 Scosche combo would be better. There are Scosche kits that come with EFX RCA wire included or you can buy a roll of Belden 1694A and some WBTs and roll your own RCAs. If you can afford it get the Teflon coated Belden like the 89259 or even better the shielded 82761.
4 gauge Single Amp Power & Audio Kit
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 12:09   #11509
BHPian

Hi Guys, I just wanted to ask something for research so that I can decide when I should indulge in the buy.

I need to get
  1. Rear Component
  2. Sub
  3. Monoblock Amp
My budget is 15k for each but if possible I would like to keep it at 40k total, though I can push to 50k if it would be worth it.

I like tight bass (but with a decent quantity of the same so I can actually feel it while driving and not just while my car is at a standstill) with clear treble (which I haven't been able to achieve yet :( due to the lack of a sub thus I end up compromising on treble)

Besides that my current setup is Helix DB Four Amp, Helix DB6.1 (coaxial) at the rear and Polk DB 6501 (components) at the front with Pioneer AVH-P8490BT running the whole thing as a HU.

Please advise.
TIA
Old 3rd April 2012, 13:07   #11510
BHPian

Hi Gurus,
Need help.
To start with I will summarize my ICE setup: HU – Blaupunkt NY800, JBL Comps in front and Pioneer oval in back with 4 channel Pioneer Amp powering all speakers.

Problem statement : Mobile(My guess i might be wrong) interference sound from comps (left front). Sound is like, When you are talking on landline and the disturbance/interference created by mobile phones placed near the landline. It’s not continuous. Mostly appears when I start the HU. I doubt (again i might be wrong) this sound appeared after installation of amp. Amp is installed under driver seat. Sound is prominent even if mobile is on back seat. Help
Old 3rd April 2012, 15:44   #11511
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya@pune View Post
... Sound is like, When you are talking on landline and the disturbance/interference created by mobile phones placed near the landline. It’s not continuous. ...
Problem with the ground connection of your amp, and/or shielding of the amp. Could you go back to your installer, change the amp and check again?
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:01   #11512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Problem with the ground connection of your amp, and/or shielding of the amp. Could you go back to your installer, change the amp and check again?
Thanks DerAlte. I had hissing noise when used JBL amp, changed it to Poineer in just two days. Will again check the grounding issue with the installer.

Pune team, can you please help me with a good installer who can re-install my whole setup. Bafna and Poona motors reluctant to do only wiring.
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:43   #11513
Senior - BHPian

Re: What ICE & @ What Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrangeWizard View Post
... is it possible to fit 4”s at the back? Getting a pair of pioneers for a good price and it is brand new.
Don't, even if you can mount it - unless you want to torture someone with some squeak-squeak music. (The rear seat in European sports coupes is called a 'mother-in-law' seat)
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:44   #11514
Senior - BHPian

Thank you for the inputs, @Navir sir. I will check with the belden distributors about the availability and price of the models you have mentioned.

In the same line of the above post, who is the best guy to get only the installation of an amp + sub woofer done @ bangalore?

Topgear (Anwar) is quoting 8K for installation if I buy the amp+sub from them - is that a reasonable quote? (Did not ask them about only installation if I bring components from outside)

Last edited by theexperthand : 3rd April 2012 at 16:45.
Old 3rd April 2012, 16:50   #11515
BHPian

Re: What ICE & @ What Price

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Don't, even if you can mount it - unless you want to torture someone with some squeak-squeak music. (The rear seat in European sports coupes is called a 'mother-in-law' seat)
Thanks! Btw one friend of mine has fitted 2 pairs of jbl 4" coaxials cs-4 in his Chevy Beat PS (2 in the dashboard and 2 on the parcel shelf at the rear). Sound is decent enough with a cheap pioneer HU but obviously not too good. Should I go for something similar?
Old 4th April 2012, 01:20   #11516
BHPian

Hello every1!

Recently the HU and rear speakers were stolen from my Santro Xing and I am looking for a USB+FM HU and a set of speakers. Please suggest me the most VFM USB HU for my car. I am also looking for a pair of rear speakers. I have some Blaupunkt speakers in the front and will replace them only if really needed. Please help me make the right selection which falls well under 10k. Thanks!
Old 6th April 2012, 12:44   #11517
Senior - BHPian

Dear Gurus,
I plan to take delivery of my Skoda rapid Ambition TDi next week. Any suggestions for a decent audio setup? Requirements are the following:
1. 4 door speakers of 6.5 inches (Preferred JBL)
2. Head unit to play CDs, USB, have FM and radio -SD preferred, not mandatory. (Preferred Pioneer or JVC)
3. I'm not an audiophile, but appreciate good and clear sound in the ICE. So any good suggestions within a budget of 10-12K?
Old 6th April 2012, 17:52   #11518
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrman View Post
Dear Gurus,
I plan to take delivery of my Skoda rapid Ambition TDi next week. Any suggestions for a decent audio setup? Requirements are the following:
1. 4 door speakers of 6.5 inches (Preferred JBL)
2. Head unit to play CDs, USB, have FM and radio -SD preferred, not mandatory. (Preferred Pioneer or JVC)
3. I'm not an audiophile, but appreciate good and clear sound in the ICE. So any good suggestions within a budget of 10-12K?
HRMAN -

Please try this option.

Pioneer HU 149UB - 4500/-
JBL GT6-S366 - 4000 per pair (8000 for 2 pairs F&R)
Installation free if you buy from the same dealer. Negotiate for a couple of 100s off.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-jblgt6s366.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-1313580598l_deh149ub.gif
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2012, 20:49   #11519
BHPian

Can anybody tell me the advantage a HU with 4V pre outs offers over a HU with 2V pre outs? How many pre outs should a HU ideally have if I plan to add an amp+ later? Will there be any use and advantage of pre out ports if I use only speakers without amp,etc with a HU?
Old 7th April 2012, 21:24   #11520
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
HRMAN -

Please try this option.

Pioneer HU 149UB - 4500/-
JBL GT6-S366 - 4000 per pair (8000 for 2 pairs F&R)
Installation free if you buy from the same dealer. Negotiate for a couple of 100s off.
Thanks Scorpiobharath.

Another question to all. Has anyone bought from Carplus.in? How is their service? Do they have bill and warranty when buying online? Their prices are way lower than the market. Just a bit skeptical and wanted to confirm before ordering.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks