Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2012, 06:30   #11491
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Dear Brothers,
I want 6.5" Components for my innova
I have chinese head unit with gps ( pic attached )
already bought pioneer 4 and 2 channel amps and pioneers 10'' woofer
(GM-3400T - 2 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier + TS-W259S4 - 25 cm(10'') Champion Series Subwoofer + GM-6500F - 4 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier ) for 2 amps and woofer 10500 Rupees ( 790 Saudi Riyals ) how is the price ?

Budget : 10000-12000 max for components ( 2 pairs )
please suggest best one
Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-dsc_0113.jpg  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-dsc_0115.jpg  

Last edited by valapad : 9th March 2012 at 06:36.
Old 9th March 2012, 11:09   #11492
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by valapad View Post
already bought pioneer 4 and 2 channel amps and pioneers 10'' woofer
(GM-3400T - 2 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier + TS-W259S4 - 25 cm(10'') Champion Series Subwoofer + GM-6500F - 4 Channel Bridgeable Amplifier ) Budget : 10000-12000 max for components ( 2 pairs )
JBL's GT6 series might be your best bet in this price range (5K per pair).
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th March 2012, 17:02   #11493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
JBL's GT6 series might be your best bet in this price range (5K per pair).
Thanks Navin,
what about Infinity Ref 6530CS ? is it possible to get with in 6000 - 6500 ?
i can stretch budget to 13000
Old 9th March 2012, 18:54   #11494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Thanks Navin,
what about Infinity Ref 6530CS ? is it possible to get with in 6000 - 6500 ?
i can stretch budget to 13000
Yes. 6500 is possible.
Old 9th March 2012, 19:24   #11495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Hi Guys

I have returned my car's caska unit and I will soon receive the Rs 30000 check from Honda (I have an official letter stating the same) so now the original Civic HU is back in the car.

While Honda disconnected the old HU, they only connected the front speakers (Polk components) to the new HU as the rear speakers are connected to the amp and the Civic HU has no amp out.

My accessories guy will be creating a new wire set with a compatible socket to get an amp out, all this after checking the HU so that there is no cutting of original wires (The most important factor). Once the socket and wire set is made, the amp will start working, so will the rear coaxials and front components (with the amp).

Now the only thing I want more than anything else is a rear view camera as I do not like reversing almost blind but I also have speaker upgrade in the pipeline.

I have a few ideas going on in my head, and I wanted some advise or suggestions in that regard, and also if my cost estimates are correct.

1. I could just get a wide angle reverse camera with a separate LCD for it (not the one integrated into a mirror).

2. Above plus rear components (main concern here is that bass would be reduced ue to all round components and a good bass setup would cost another 25-30K)

3. Get a mapmyindia unit (though I have GPS on my iPhone), add a camera and get BT out of the unit as well, while I keep the original civic HU. This should cost around 18.5k + 3.5k.

4. Get Pioneer AVH-4450BT or similar 7" 2 DIN unit from pioneer (will have to wait at least a week for that if not more), add a camera and a GPS module in the future if required. This setup would also require a moulding. Cost would come out to be 27K (HU) + 3-4K(Camera) + 4.5k(Moulding) and 12-20K for GPS if needed. (Concerned about how it would look)

Please advise on how I should proceed as I am pretty confused right now.

Thanks
Bump on my query. Any input guys?
Old 10th March 2012, 09:20   #11496
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjumrani View Post
Bump on my query. Any input guys?
Which car is this? a Civic? if so check out GTO's Civic install.

I would get the 4450 or anything form that league. Caskas and Motevos are not in the same league.
Old 12th March 2012, 07:10   #11497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Yes. 6500 is possible.
Navin

Ajay Kamath's ( Bass&Trouble ) Special offer for Focal speakers

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...Speakers.html/

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...Speakers.html/

Confused
165A1 or 165VB.
please help..
Thanks

Last edited by valapad : 12th March 2012 at 07:16.
Old 12th March 2012, 18:36   #11498
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Navin

Ajay Kamath's ( Bass&Trouble ) Special offer for Focal speakers...165A1 or 165VB..please help..Thanks
Focal's Polyglass is better than it's Access.
Old 12th March 2012, 18:47   #11499
Senior - BHPian

It seems there is a new Infinity component speaker that just out in the market, for about 7k. I am planning to put that on my Punto. The accessories guy told there is no use in adding an Amp in case of putting speakers in the rear doors of a Punto(JBL CS series don't know the model) instead of the parcel shelf.

Can anyone verify this - the reason why door speakers don't need an Amp. I was planning for JBL646 4 channel amp?
Old 14th March 2012, 14:24   #11500
BHPian

Gentlemen!

It feels risky to read through this thread unless you are ready to write off chunks of your savings on ICE. Nevertheless, I need a quick suggestion. I drive a swift and planning to change the front door speakers. I believe they are 6 inchers. I don't intend to spend more than 5 to 6 K as I hope to sell the car soon.The speaker will be powered by a Pioneer head unit. I need a pair of speakers that can deliver as much bass as possible WITHOUT an amp.

Please help.

Thanks!
Old 14th March 2012, 22:24   #11501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avira_tk View Post
It seems there is a new Infinity component speaker that just out in the market, for about 7k. I am planning to put that on my Punto. The accessories guy told there is no use in adding an Amp in case of putting speakers in the rear doors of a Punto(JBL CS series don't know the model) instead of the parcel shelf.

Can anyone verify this - the reason why door speakers don't need an Amp. I was planning for JBL646 4 channel amp?
Well, Door / Rear parcel shelf or anywhere. Speaker placement has nothing to do with AMP. Sound quality will improve if you add an AMP, irrespective of speaker position. There are some Innova installs by Gunbir where the speakers are at the stock location (Doors) and amps are used to enhance quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XLR8 View Post
I need a quick suggestion. I drive a swift and planning to change the front door speakers. I believe they are 6 inchers. I don't intend to spend more than 5 to 6 K as I hope to sell the car soon.The speaker will be powered by a Pioneer head unit. I need a pair of speakers that can deliver as much bass as possible WITHOUT an amp.
Please try Infinity Ref 6530CS or JBL GT6 priced within 5-6K range with Bill and warranty. Audition them and choose one. Both are equally good

Last edited by scopriobharath : 14th March 2012 at 22:26.
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 12:33   #11502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
Guys which components should I get for my Honda City Type 2?

I am not intended to purchase JBL or Rockford fosgate.I prefer more of the laid back sound than the high on treble sound.

My budget is around 6-7k.

The compos will be run by a JBL1004
i run focal access in my OHC and am happy with the performance. another option i considered was morels. cost difference is approx. 2.5k.
Old 30th March 2012, 12:49   #11503
BHPian

So I have decided to upgrade the ICE in my Swift, 2007 model.

Current Setup -

Pioneer DEH149EUB - Basic HU with Aux IN, USB, CD

2 very old Pioneer Coaxials and 1 very old Sony Xplod Coaxial.

One of the Xplod speakers upfront was damaged in an accident, so replaced it with the Pio speaker from rear.

What I was initially planning for is just 2 new basic co-ax speakers for the front, and i'll put the pio speakers in the back and maybe throw the sony speaker ( or exchange ? ).

Going through this thread though, I am tempted to do something better.

Firstly - I mostly listen to Classic Rock and some metal, Led Zep, Dire Straits, GNR , Metallica that kind of stuff. What speakers should I put in the front for that kind of music?

Secondly - Is it advisable to go for an HU upgrade? My max budget for the upgrade is around 6-7K. In the existing HU, The USB Shuffle-All is a bit iffy and song search is not exactly user friendly. Also, BT connectivity would be nice..

If I do upgrade my HU, what kind of a Buy back can i expect for the Pio HU?

Help?
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:26   #11504
BHPian

Re: What ICE & @ What Price

Guys I need your help.
My Spark LS came with a cheap chinese HU (with usb, aux-in, ipod support, mp3 cd ) and front speakers that are mounted in the stock location in the dash.
I want to add rear speakers now. I just listen to fm or bollywood songs and I'm not much of an audiophile. So suggest something that would fit in the stock location in the boot.
I'm a complete noob at ICE so can someone tell me whether we can fit 4"s in the rear? I'm getting a good deal on one pair(pioneer it is).
I just want basic sound that's it!
Also suggest some nice place where I can get the speakers and the installation done.
Budget- Less than 2000
Help!
Old 3rd April 2012, 01:36   #11505
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: What ICE & @ What Price

^^ the best that I can suggest for this budget is
  1. MDF or ply tray as a parcel shelf
  2. a pair of low end 6*9s to be mounted on that tray(if you can source some decent pre-owned JBL GTO637 for,say 1500bucks,nothing like it)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks