Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2012, 10:05   #11476
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityvic View Post
I am not intended to purchase JBL or Rockford fosgate.I prefer more of the laid back sound than the high on treble sound.
My budget is around 6-7k.
The compos will be run by a JBL1004
Check Infinity or Alpine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
The problem is that the sub is way too loud,
Turn the gain on the subwoofer's amp amp down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Are 4" co axials good enough?? I mean, do they have adequate treble?!
4" often share the same tweeter as their 6" brethren. It is the woofer that is different so 6" usually have more bass, rarely more treble than similar 4".
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 10:21   #11477
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Guys,
I am planning to upgrade the HU in my swift to a bluetooth compatible single din unit. I have shortlisted Pioneer DEH 7350BT. Is this compatible with android phone? I am using Samsung galaxy.

Thanks in advance.
Old 1st March 2012, 12:09   #11478
BHPian

Guys I'm planning on installing a Pioneer MVH-1490UB player along with JBL GTO-949 in my Nano, my question is will the HU be able to drive the 949' s adequately? Or is an amp a necessity? I do not plan on upgrading any time soon, so need to know this before I do it.
Old 1st March 2012, 19:28   #11479

Re: ARTICLE: The Team-BHP Guide to ADVANCED Car Audio

Hi all. I have recently booked a swift Zxi. During the test drive, I heard the factory fitted sound system (FM only. Haven’t heard it with a USB) and it didn’t impress me much. It lacks the bass and thump which is clearly evident in other customized car audio systems.
After researching around the net and talking to the accessories guys at maruti, these are the following suggestions that I found on improving it-
• Add oval speakers on the parcel tray
• Add a subwoofer and amplifier.
What would an ideal solution for me be? I was also told that adding a subwoofer and amplifier nullifies the warranty on electronics. So would that be advisable?
Am looking for good clarity and the boom-boom sound. Nothing very fancy or very high end.
Your valuable opinions and advice please.
Old 1st March 2012, 20:00   #11480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzone View Post
... will the HU be able to drive the 949' s adequately? Or is an amp a necessity? ...
An external amp definitely improves the listening experience, but HU internal amps do drive them sufficiently.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 20:20   #11481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Guys,
I am planning to upgrade the HU in my swift to a bluetooth compatible single din unit. I have shortlisted Pioneer DEH 7350BT. Is this compatible with android phone? I am using Samsung galaxy.

Thanks in advance.
Yes Android phones are supported by the system, but if at all it does not, there is an update available (Official Samsung Update) to your software, which will make BT connectivity seamless. If your phone is under warranty still, it is an hour's job free of cost at your nearest samsung phone service center.
Old 2nd March 2012, 22:33   #11482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselLover View Post
Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Its compatible with all bluetooth phones that support A2DP profile i.e any phone that supports a bluetooth handsfree/headset.It will work with your galaxy with ease.
Old 6th March 2012, 21:10   #11483
BHPian

Hi Guys

I have returned my car's caska unit and I will soon receive the Rs 30000 check from Honda (I have an official letter stating the same) so now the original Civic HU is back in the car.

While Honda disconnected the old HU, they only connected the front speakers (Polk components) to the new HU as the rear speakers are connected to the amp and the Civic HU has no amp out.

My accessories guy will be creating a new wire set with a compatible socket to get an amp out, all this after checking the HU so that there is no cutting of original wires (The most important factor). Once the socket and wire set is made, the amp will start working, so will the rear coaxials and front components (with the amp).

Now the only thing I want more than anything else is a rear view camera as I do not like reversing almost blind but I also have speaker upgrade in the pipeline.

I have a few ideas going on in my head, and I wanted some advise or suggestions in that regard, and also if my cost estimates are correct.

1. I could just get a wide angle reverse camera with a separate LCD for it (not the one integrated into a mirror).

2. Above plus rear components (main concern here is that bass would be reduced ue to all round components and a good bass setup would cost another 25-30K)

3. Get a mapmyindia unit (though I have GPS on my iPhone), add a camera and get BT out of the unit as well, while I keep the original civic HU. This should cost around 18.5k + 3.5k.

4. Get Pioneer AVH-4450BT or similar 7" 2 DIN unit from pioneer (will have to wait at least a week for that if not more), add a camera and a GPS module in the future if required. This setup would also require a moulding. Cost would come out to be 27K (HU) + 3-4K(Camera) + 4.5k(Moulding) and 12-20K for GPS if needed. (Concerned about how it would look)

Please advise on how I should proceed as I am pretty confused right now.

Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 00:24   #11484
BHPian

Hey Guys My Friend has a strange problem with his ICE.
When he listens to Music from his iPhone while charging it via the car lighter, he gets alternator whine.. even if he plugs his headphones into the iPhone. But if the iPhone is not charging then he get's no Alternator whine what so ever on the HU via Aux cable or headphones..
Old 7th March 2012, 00:28   #11485
BHPian

^^Nothing strange, and nothing to do with the ICE.

The lighter socket is passing the alternator current directly. The iPhone is not able to filter out all the byproducts of the rectification.
cranky is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 03:50   #11486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
^^Nothing strange, and nothing to do with the ICE.

The lighter socket is passing the alternator current directly. The iPhone is not able to filter out all the byproducts of the rectification.
Any solution?
what if i connect a capacitor to the terminals, will that work?
are there any power filters i can get to sort out the issue?
Old 7th March 2012, 09:13   #11487
BHPian

A small filter circuit will help. A single cap will not do much. If you are handy with electronics, a single 5V regulator (if the iPhone can charge off 5V) with the required ancillary components and protection will pretty much eliminate the problem.

I'm not sure what kind of phone charger is being used. But as Steve Jobs would say, if that's your problem, ensure the phone is charged before you get into the car!
cranky is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 11:09   #11488
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprucegoose View Post
Hey Guys My Friend has a strange problem with his ICE.
When he listens to Music from his iPhone while charging it via the car lighter, he gets alternator whine.. even if he plugs his headphones into the iPhone. But if the iPhone is not charging then he get's no Alternator whine what so ever on the HU via Aux cable or headphones..
Connecting a capacitor will not help. Remember that the alternator is connected to a recitifier and then to a battery, which is (in a manner of speaking) a capacitor.

The problem is with the charger. Use a better quality lighter charger and the whine should disappear.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 11:31   #11489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cranky View Post
A small filter circuit will help. A single cap will not do much. If you are handy with electronics, a single 5V regulator (if the iPhone can charge off 5V) with the required ancillary components and protection will pretty much eliminate the problem.

I'm not sure what kind of phone charger is being used. But as Steve Jobs would say, if that's your problem, ensure the phone is charged before you get into the car!
Thanks will try it out..
The Charger is a Belkin TuneBase Direct for the iPhone 4
Belkin TuneBase Direct with Hands-Free F8Z442
So it's not some cheap stuff.

And Steve Jobs would probably say: Get a new Car!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Connecting a capacitor will not help. Remember that the alternator is connected to a recitifier and then to a battery, which is (in a manner of speaking) a capacitor.

The problem is with the charger. Use a better quality lighter charger and the whine should disappear.
Haha.. that's what I said, could there be a problem with the rectifier, if it's not sending clean current?
Old 7th March 2012, 12:03   #11490
BHPian

Alternator whine is not an easy beast to tame even by the best methods.

It has a mix of various frequency components, and the only thing that really helps is a series of resonance traps.

In my estimation, the rectifier is fine. It is not designed to feed low-powered, sensitive equipment. You will need a better filter. A single regulator, thinking about it, may need to partner with some additional filtering. Shunt regulation or power regeneration (SMPS-based charging) seems like the only way out. There are easier ways to do this but need to have larger current draw to be effective.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks