Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2012, 11:35   #11416
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Hi Folks,

I am looking for a basic setup for my Alto where I would be going for 4 inch coaxials in front and 6x9 coaxials at the rear(most probably Hertz DCX 100 and 690 combination). I have a question regarding the head units from JVC(R426) and Kenwood (U349R).

JVC has a high-pass filter whereas Kenwood has a low-pass filter built onto their onboard circuitary. If am not planning to add an amplifier ever what would be a better bet, having a head unit with LPF or HPF?
Old 31st January 2012, 11:43   #11417
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Hello People,I have a 2010 swift vdi and had installed a pioneer DEH 2250UBG HU during the delivery from the maruti service centre itself.Now i am facing this wierd issue.The HU keeps conking off since the past 1 yearWhen this happens,i have to remove the battery terminal so that the unit gets reset.And alls well for some days and again this problem crops up.I am tired of taking the car to the SVC.Has anyone faced this issue?If its an HU problem am ready to go for a replacement.
Old 31st January 2012, 12:24   #11418
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redeff View Post
I did a bit of research and I really liked the user interface of the Blaupunkt New York 800 - any reviews of this?
Member anilkalvani has installed this (along with Blaupunkt speakers) in his Vento. Check out his ownership thread starting with this post for details.
Old 31st January 2012, 12:38   #11419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I have been trying to get Infinity Reference series components and 3 places reported that they have no stock and there is some difficultly in getting them. Anyone has any info on this or is it just some dealers not having stock?
Try Autoshop in Koramangala. They are authorised dealers for JBL/infinity, and should have ready stock. You will find their contact details in the TBHP directory.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 14:15   #11420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
... 2010 swift vdi and had installed a pioneer DEH 2250UBG HU during the delivery from the maruti service centre itself.Now i am facing this wierd issue.The HU keeps conking off since the past 1 yearWhen this happens,i have to remove the battery terminal so that the unit gets reset ...
Better take the HU to the nearest Pio service center, if you have the warranty card. Otherwise, ask the dealer to replace it. Not sure of the warranty period you got.
Old 31st January 2012, 14:23   #11421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Better take the HU to the nearest Pio service center, if you have the warranty card. Otherwise, ask the dealer to replace it. Not sure of the warranty period you got.
I got a 1 year warranty,which is already over considering i bought the vehicle in 2010 august.The service centre guys say that this model has this problem.

Last edited by rakesh_r : 31st January 2012 at 14:29.
Old 31st January 2012, 14:36   #11422
Senior - BHPian

That is a very irresponsible statement by them - "this model has this problem"! Anyhow, take a try at the Pio Service Center. It is quite likely either a loose contact or a component overheating problem.
Old 31st January 2012, 17:08   #11423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r
I got a 1 year warranty,which is already over considering i bought the vehicle in 2010 august.The service centre guys say that this model has this problem.
Do check the papers ! IMO pioneer HU's have been coming with 2 year warranty for years , not sure if some had 1 year.
Old 31st January 2012, 17:51   #11424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Not Sure in Bangalore, but in Chennai and Mumbai its available in any number immediately.

Maybe the dealers are pulling a fast one on you to get some other slow selling item pushed to you.
Thanks, I am sure they are not pulling anything on me. I did find out that they did not have them and am able to find them elsewhere.

About the pricing, are the MRP prices mentioned on the pack finally discounted to a big extent. I see some are quoting 5400 and the rate on the pack which was quoted by some was 9990/-.

Dont know why everyone is following the MRP of fire crackers?
Old 31st January 2012, 20:24   #11425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Thanks, I am sure they are not pulling anything on me. I did find out that they did not have them and am able to find them elsewhere.

About the pricing, are the MRP prices mentioned on the pack finally discounted to a big extent. I see some are quoting 5400 and the rate on the pack which was quoted by some was 9990/-.

Dont know why everyone is following the MRP of fire crackers?
Well, this happened to me. I was sold duplicate pioneer speakers in an "orignal" box. Many Non-Car enthusiasts dont take the box home. They just dump the box at the installer's place. This is being sold as Orignal packaging.

I am sharing my experience here. I am not sure about whether this trick is used in your case. Hope this helps.
Old 1st February 2012, 07:41   #11426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Well, this happened to me. I was sold duplicate pioneer speakers in an "orignal" box. Many Non-Car enthusiasts dont take the box home. They just dump the box at the installer's place. This is being sold as Orignal packaging.

I am sharing my experience here. I am not sure about whether this trick is used in your case. Hope this helps.
I havent bought them yet. I was mentioning the pricing. The box says 9990 and people are selling at different prices from upper 4000s to mid 5000s.
I thought this is how firecracker sales work. Looks like we have it in audio equipment (not to mention medicines where there is no discount either).
Old 1st February 2012, 09:40   #11427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
That is a very irresponsible statement by them - "this model has this problem"! Anyhow, take a try at the Pio Service Center. It is quite likely either a loose contact or a component overheating problem.
Yes will definitely visit the pio svc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
Do check the papers ! IMO pioneer HU's have been coming with 2 year warranty for years , not sure if some had 1 year.
will check that too,but somewhere in the net i saw that this model wasn't intented for the indian market,because i remember the dealership saying that in case of a problem the hu needs to be brought to the maruti dealership for repairs within a year.Is it possible that they had pushed me a grey market one
Old 1st February 2012, 11:58   #11428

Hello BHP'ians,

Got my SWIFT ICE'd...here is the setup,

HU : JVC KW AVX 846
Compoents :JBL GTO 609C
Co-axials :JBL GTO 949

32.5 k for everything

Thanks scopriobharath,k2max6 for your posts,

Gurus let me know wat u feel about this setup and any add ons to make it more sweet.....I will be adding the amp & sub in the near future.

Thanks all.
Old 1st February 2012, 16:09   #11429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru.skr View Post
Hello BHP'ians,

32.5 k for everything

Gurus let me know wat u feel about this setup and any add ons to make it more sweet.....I will be adding the amp & sub in the near future.

Thanks all.
Do post the break up of the installation & did you do any damping?
How do you like the performance?
Old 2nd February 2012, 18:15   #11430
BHPian

Hi Gurus,

Time for ICEing on my 2-plus-year-old Alto. Have got the below quotes:

Alpine CDA105 Rs. 7200 OR
Kenwood U449 Rs. 6000

JBL GTX 646 Rs. 7500

JBL GTO 949 Rs. 5100

JBL GTO 609c Rs. 5900 OR
Inf. Ref. 6530cs Rs. 7000

Schoche + Plank + "Working kit" + Damping Rs. 6000

Can the prices be negotiated further down? All are with B/W. Any suggestions on speakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru.skr View Post
Hello BHP'ians,

32.5 k for everything
Hi Guru,
Please provide break up of above. What's your feedback on the speakers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks