Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 02:01   #11401
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

OK i enquired at a few stores today and these were findings.

For the front :-
everyone mainly recommended the kicker components DS 65.2, said they are quite hot selling and perform very well, the jbl most people recommend next, the JBL is 500 rs cheaper to the kicker at 5000. Comparison of features attached.

For the rear :-
Mixed responses really, JBL,JVC were most recommended, 5" coax or 6" coax were recommended, the 4" sound really bad im told. pricing - 1300-1800

For the HU :-
Most people recommend the Pioneer 149 but after reading horror stories online on the 149 and 2390, pioneer is out. Next most recommended are the JVC KD-R426 at 4200 and if affordable the much better Kenwood KDC-U349R
Again a feature comparison attached.

i was told that there would be additional charged of 500 for wooden rings which would make for a better installation/looks and 500 for sockets to ensure no wires are cut.

So the math is 5000+4200+1300+1000=11500
JBL + JVC + 5" + Install

Or i could do 5500+5000+1000=11500
kicker+KDC+Install

Which would be the better sounding of the 2, obviously i will demo them before buying. i may also look to get the HU in grey to save that extra money to accommodate rear speakers. lots of mix n match options available.
Attached Thumbnails
Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-kenwoodvsjvc.png  

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-kickervsjbl.png  

Old 24th January 2012, 11:43   #11402
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Did you audition the components? Please do that before deciding between Kicker and JBL. You will also find Infinity, Auditor, Morel and Polk out there at about the same prices.

Don't constrain your budget so severely by concentrating only on the cost numbers. Maybe you will miss getting a better system for your choice by looking at the cost only. Keep a slightly open mind.
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2012, 11:58   #11403
BHPian

Thanks DerAlte.

Well the above mentioned was just enquiring over the phone, i went to several shops today @ Milan subway in Mumbai famous for car gears.

Here's the kicker (Pun Intended) He was offering the following prices.
Infinity Reference components 6530CS - Rs 4900
http://www.jblindia.co.in/products/c...-ref6530cs.jpg
JBL Component GT6-S266C-Rs 3500
JBL 6" coax GT6-S266 - 1550

Kenwood 349R - 3800

I believe the Infinity are far better speakers compared to whats on offer, so my setup should be a no brainer.

4900+1550+3800+1000 = 11250
All prices are inclusive of bill warranty. he quoted to be a wholesaler and hence the rates.

He also had good rates for garware sunfilm and was an authorised dealer. Seems like im gonna get quite the bargain

Pm Me if anyone needs his details.
Old 24th January 2012, 15:18   #11404
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cletusarrarr View Post
Also any suggestions on this ? Seems too good to be true
Auto Bild India
Nah !! steer clear. This is a basic JVC model. It is always better to pay and get a better model.
Old 24th January 2012, 16:07   #11405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scopriobharath View Post
Nah !! steer clear. This is a basic JVC model. It is always better to pay and get a better model.
Yea understood that from properly reading the post, it has no usb and they claim a 6 week lead before delivery. doesnt make any sense at all given the rates ive been quoted above. i hope all this research and suggestions help people with similar budgets on the ICE.
Old 25th January 2012, 13:23   #11406
BHPian

Also after seeing benefits of damping, will be taking the DIY route - 3 x yoga mats = 750, 100 for gum, also been suggested to install some heaton to dampen and insulate from noise and better Ac efficiency.
Old 25th January 2012, 17:59   #11407
BHPian

hi folks. have a lil doubt.

i have a pair of Morel Tempo 6 comps. i got them 2 months back and am using it with my Kenwood KAC 8401 amp (60x4... bridges @180w - 4 ohms)

the speakers are rated at 125rms and i am feeding them 135rms (which is more than safe).

the sound is great, i have a 3 yr old swift.. and hence shes got the rattles.... but its no biggie

however, after a months usage, one of the tweeters stopped working. what could be the reason for this? i never run the HU at tuning volume, so how did the tweeter conk off?

also, does Morel have any warranty setup in delhi, who can i contact for a replacement?

thanks in advance.

cheers
ND
Old 27th January 2012, 12:59   #11408

Guys I have finalised on the ICE for my swift,

Pioneer AVH 2390
JBL GT6 S266C Components
JBL GT6 S699 6X9 Coaxials

Amp and Sub for next upgrade

What do u think about this setup guys ???? waiting for your valuable suggestion

Also am from Bangalore, anybody from Bangalore suggest to get these things done
Old 27th January 2012, 13:31   #11409
BHPian

Hey Guru, if you look above ive hogged a couple of these pages researching on the same, the setup is good minus the HU selection.

I would recommend the Kenwood 349R HU, if not in your budget look at the JVC KD-R426.
Old 28th January 2012, 13:19   #11410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturaldisaster View Post
hi folks. have a lil doubt.

i have a pair of Morel Tempo 6 comps. i got them 2 months back and am using it with my Kenwood KAC 8401 amp (60x4... bridges @180w - 4 ohms)

the speakers are rated at 125rms and i am feeding them 135rms (which is more than safe).

the sound is great, i have a 3 yr old swift.. and hence shes got the rattles.... but its no biggie

however, after a months usage, one of the tweeters stopped working. what could be the reason for this? i never run the HU at tuning volume, so how did the tweeter conk off?

also, does Morel have any warranty setup in delhi, who can i contact for a replacement?

thanks in advance.

cheers
ND
bump..

need lil help with this guys.

thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 15:13   #11411
Senior - BHPian

I have been trying to get Infinity Reference series components and 3 places reported that they have no stock and there is some difficultly in getting them. Anyone has any info on this or is it just some dealers not having stock?
Old 28th January 2012, 18:29   #11412
BHPian

Any suggestions for touch HU with support for two mobile phones ? One phone is personal and another for work. I know Jabra Freeway can work but i'm looking for integrated HU BT.
Old 28th January 2012, 20:19   #11413
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwarkaDelhiWala View Post
Any suggestions for touch HU with support for two mobile phones ? One phone is personal and another for work. I know Jabra Freeway can work but i'm looking for integrated HU BT.
If budget is not a constraint, Caska HUs are good and offer support for more than one mobile phone. All models of caska support more than one phone
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2012, 20:39   #11414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
I have been trying to get Infinity Reference series components and 3 places reported that they have no stock and there is some difficultly in getting them. Anyone has any info on this or is it just some dealers not having stock?
Not Sure in Bangalore, but in Chennai and Mumbai its available in any number immediately.

Maybe the dealers are pulling a fast one on you to get some other slow selling item pushed to you.

Last edited by Amartya : 30th January 2012 at 23:28. Reason: :). Cheers.
Old 31st January 2012, 00:37   #11415
BHPian

Hey guys, I'm looking for a touchscreen HU, but I'm in two minds here. My main requirements are DVD, BT, USB (with iPod control), AUX. What's a good HU with a Budget of 25k with this in mind? The second part of me in considering all the above as well as Maps, but does Maps and Navigation really help? My friend suggested I have a look at Sygix (A GPS Nav app for my android phone) and it's quite brilliant as well. But having it in one place just makes life easier. For maps I could stretch my budget to 30k, so is there anything in that range?

I did a bit of research and I really liked the user interface of the Blaupunkt New York 800 - any reviews of this? The iPod navigation of the Pioneer touch HUs look very painful, is it true? What about Kenwood or JVC? Would appreciate some help here.

Oh and, the car is an Optra Magnum Diesel 2.0 LT

Cheers~

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks