Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2005, 18:51   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivekphadnis
This is where you say that entry level subs require a minimum of 140W RMS in order to be driven.
And I have an electronics degree and been in DIY audio for the past eight years to know about clipping and thermal damage. I don't know why all your electronics theories are based on the JBL subs and Sony amps.
My 40 years of experience jibe was at your freind Vivek who had posted this above. This is personal and has a lot of sarcasm. Rest Sam, what I have in my car, or what I advocate is nothing to do with you. I have a free will and can make my own decisions. Advise from you is like going through a JBL price list, my advise is unbiased. I am not making money by selling JBL on this forum. I have no vested interest, my advise is for the people to read, if they like it they can listen to it, else they can listen to you.
You might have 16 years of experience, but dont be so insecure about yourself. Everything you have written so far about me is in a very bad taste.

Last edited by aseem : 6th September 2005 at 19:11.
Old 6th September 2005, 18:53   #1127
BHPian

Hmmmmm this guy has some serious problem with Sam!
Old 6th September 2005, 19:00   #1128
Senior - BHPian

Rest to make my stand clear. Navin is a great guy, he is the touch above the rest of us here. His criticism is constructive. He is not a self declared teacher, or one who tries to bring you down with his knowledge. He has been always polite and is not on this forum to sell anything. He advises what he feels is right. Apologies to Navin if he took the dig at Vivek to himself, it was never meant to be that way. However I would have appreciated if you would have checked Vivek in the first place when he had taken a dig at me.
Old 6th September 2005, 19:39   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective
Guys,

Is there any car accessories shop you trust in Bangalore who has all and can install the following config in my car? And ofcourse the shop should have all originals and no duplicates!

Alpine 9827, JBL or Boston front components and JBL or Sony rear triaxials.

Let me know and thanks a lot in advance.
My friend bought Alpine 9833 for 16 with bill and warranty and Boston components from Add On in JC road Bangalore.
Old 6th September 2005, 20:29   #1130
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Hmmmm... Sam, now that I've bought the JBL speakers myself and I won't be able to enter your contest, why don't you gimme lotsa stickers and tissue boxes instead

Btw, I have the "Caution! High Decibels" JBL sticker on my tailgate windshield.... Would that qualify for me to get a sub??? JK

Stickers and tissue boxes are NO problem ajay. Didnt you get any when you got your speakers? I will arrange. PM me your address
Old 6th September 2005, 20:38   #1131
Distinguished - BHPian

I posted that before I read what Aseem had to say. Now that I have, I'm not going to spoil this thread by reacting.

Bye. Have fun guys.
Old 6th September 2005, 20:44   #1132
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay
Selective, if you want to go with Alpine HU and JBL speakers, I'd recommend the JBL Exclusive shop in B'lore which is on the corner of Lavelle road and V Mallaya road.. I went there to get my Alpine 9833.. PM me if you want a contact #.
Sam could help you better as its an exclusive JBL shop + sells other brands too...[ with B&W]
Selective, I juz found out from my friend at JBL B'lore that the 9827 is available for around 11k sans B&W. He said it might be somewhere between 10 and 11k.

Now, I don't take decisions for others but I let it to your free will to choose a product without B&W. But, the Alpine 9826 is available with B&W for 13k.

You can ask Navin and everyone else in this forum [who know audio stuff], any Alpine HU sounds excellent. and I don't think there would be much difference between the 9826 and 9827.

If you want the contact dtls, PM me... Cheers

AK
Old 6th September 2005, 20:55   #1133
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclaren1885
hey ajay the jbl cs 50.4 amp outperforms the sony 504z by a long way..if ur indeed stretching ur budget i suggest u go in for the JBL amp only and not the sony..im sure sam will suggest the same..everyone recommends sony 504z bcoz its a steal for that price..if u got the money rolling then 50.4 from JBL is what i would bet on..
I agree, I recently put a 50.4 with JBL speakers (all 4 speakers powered by amp) with a 120D JBL subwoofer and GTO 301.1 Monoblock amp...in my car and My friend (same car) has Sony XPlode with Components in Front with a 504Z sony amps...
the difference in Signal to noise Ratio is quite high..JBLs dont distort even at high volume while the same cant se said of the Sony Combo.. On the other hand, his fronts are not powered (he uses only one amp to power rear and sony sub) so maybe that explains a bit of the soundstage difference.

On the other hand..sony is faaaar cheaper...so good value for the money you pay...but even with the subwoofer off...the JBL 936 in rear and 606 CE front components that are powered by this cs 50.4 amp provide awesome sound....!!!!

Last edited by Buffetfan : 6th September 2005 at 21:04.
Old 6th September 2005, 22:42   #1134
Team-BHP Support

1. yes I too know that Nak skips a lot. The last time I crash tested a Nak in 1992-3 (granted it was on one of the worst roads that Brooklyn could throw up) it skipped I just figured with the recent advances they would ahve gotten past that simple hurdle. Also their MB70 did not seem to skip when i tested it. This second test was not as severe as the first.

2. i think the 9826 is more recent. it might cost more.

Aseem, I'm sorry if I took umbrage to your attack and thank you for the kind words. I still feel that some of your posts are a triffle misunderstood. It would be nice if you could re-read and edit before you post. I know I often do. Now lets get back to plesanter things.

I'll quote Eric Bourdon of the Animals
"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood"

Last edited by navin : 6th September 2005 at 22:47.
Old 6th September 2005, 22:54   #1135
Team-BHP Support

Buffetfan, Power can be addtive right? :-)

before I got married I had over 600W rms in my car.
a single 300w amp powered the subs. 3 10" home brew subs in a TL. Yes I made the drivers! and a 75x4 powered the front and rear. Polk 3 way speakers with my home brew crossovers (CTR caps, soft ferrite core inductors, etc..).

Vivek, imagine this a TL in a car! :-) I must have been really mad.
Old 6th September 2005, 22:56   #1136
Team-BHP Support

BTW talking off topic. on our first date I explained to my wife how an auto tranmission worked and how dolby noise reduction reduced hiss. you think that should have warned her.
Old 6th September 2005, 23:26   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin
I'll quote Eric Bourdon of the Animals
"I'm just a soul whose intentions are good,
Oh lord please dont let me be misunderstood"
A nice one, that bit.. It also came on the 'Kill Bill 1' movie's climax sequence... Some nice muzic... But i have the artist for that song titled as "Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood".... And your saying Eric??

Eric, the older original version??
Old 6th September 2005, 23:27   #1138
BHPian

Ola Senor,

Humble query: When we say thata set of speaker sound a tad 'bright', what exactly do we refer to?

I am sorry .

Cheers
Old 7th September 2005, 00:11   #1139
Senior - BHPian

When the revered audio gurus here mention that something sounds a tad "bright", it means that the treble setting on it is too high... Which they call 'Too Bright'... hope i'm not wrong...
Old 7th September 2005, 00:38   #1140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
Advise from you is like going through a JBL price list, my advise is unbiased. I am not making money by selling JBL on this forum. I have no vested interest, my advise is for the people to read, if they like it they can listen to it, else they can listen to you.
You might have 16 years of experience, but dont be so insecure about yourself. Everything you have written so far about me is in a very bad taste.
I am not backing up anyone here, but even I feel that we have too much of JBL stuff here on this forum. Every alternate post has something to do with JBL stuff. I understand and appreciate SAM being the only wholly in this business, however there are many other options we would like to have advice on as JBL most the times doesn't really fit our budget or suit our taste. And also from my little experience with car audio, I really haven't seen 99 out of 100 Cars hosting JBL speakers/Amps. Please help us out with some options as well so that we can unbiased opinion and have more options to make descisions that to stick with almost everything from JBL.
I hope I didn't hurt you Sam and If you feel I did, My Apologies. However, I really thank all of you for your tremendous knowledge and willingness to help. Cheers!

Last edited by zzzehar : 7th September 2005 at 00:45.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks