Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2011, 21:01   #11236
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

My first post on an 'ICE' thread.

Guys I have a Sony CD Player in My WagonR with two speakers in dashboard.

I am planning to add a sub woofer to the system. Now please tell me how to do so?

Is the process as simple as connecting a wire from unit and connecting it to subwoofer? or I need some other equipment like amplifier etc?

I am total noob in ICE department so please pardon if this sound stupid.
Old 19th December 2011, 21:21   #11237
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
My first post on an 'ICE' thread.

Guys I have a Sony CD Player in My WagonR with two speakers in dashboard.
I am planning to add a sub woofer to the system. Now please tell me how to do so?
Is the process as simple as connecting a wire from unit and connecting it to subwoofer? or I need some other equipment like amplifier etc?
I am total noob in ICE department so please pardon if this sound stupid.
There is a "Sub-Out" port available on the rear side of your HU. Connect this to the Amp (Wires would come with the Kit) and from the Amp's output connect it to the SUb. This is a pretty simple job for any ICE installer.

Amp will bring out the full power of the Sub. Mono channel amp will suffice.

Having said the above, It does not make sense to just add a Sub without amplifying your speakers. Add a 2-channel amp to your speaker and then a Mono amp for your Sub.
Old 20th December 2011, 00:17   #11238

Suggest ICE Setup for my Indigo under 5k

Hi members

i have recently purchased a used indigo with no speakers & a tata cassette player. Now i want to install a music setup in it.

Not a necessity but my kid is insisting to have 1.

so pls suggest me reasonable setup in the budget.

If any member want to dispose old system. i dont mind going for it provided it is in good working condition & sounds good.

Thanks in advance
Old 20th December 2011, 00:55   #11239
Senior - BHPian

What's your budget, she_abs?
Old 20th December 2011, 01:08   #11240
Senior - BHPian

Re: Suggest ICE Setup for my Indigo under 5k

Quote:
Originally Posted by she_abs View Post
Hi members

i have recently purchased a used indigo with no speakers & a tata cassette player. Now i want to install a music setup in it.

Not a necessity but my kid is insisting to have 1.

so pls suggest me reasonable setup in the budget.

If any member want to dispose old system. i dont mind going for it provided it is in good working condition & sounds good.

Thanks in advance
Around 10k you can get a sony HU (with USB) and 2 ovals for the rear plus 2 small speakers for the front to set up a standard sound stage.

If you need more and have a bigger budget, there are many more options.
cheers
Old 20th December 2011, 01:22   #11241

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
What's your budget, she_abs?
my budget is around 5k
Old 20th December 2011, 14:56   #11242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
Can any of you update the price of Pioneer DVH 4390 currently in the market?
Ahh! I mentioned the wrong series . Thank you Scorpiobharath

I wanted know the price of Pioneer AVH 4390. I saw the price for the DVH series and for a second was shocked to note the price3 considering it was the AVH series
Old 20th December 2011, 16:45   #11243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
Ahh! I mentioned the wrong series . Thank you Scorpiobharath

I wanted know the price of Pioneer AVH 4390. I saw the price for the DVH series and for a second was shocked to note the price3 considering it was the AVH series
should cost you around 22,000/- with Bill and warranty.
Old 20th December 2011, 18:02   #11244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my budget is around 5k
5000 is not a sufficient budget for ICE but if you are really tight on budget, There is an offer on Times Of india newspaper for A CD Player, Speakers and tweeters for 3,000/-. Fitment and wires will cost you 1,000/-.

The only con is that it is(may be) a chinese system with no bill and warranty. How long it works flawlessly is a concern. Secondly, that would be an online purchase, which is not so straightforward in india.
Old 20th December 2011, 18:41   #11245
BHPian

Quote:
my budget is around 5k
If you are ok with playing music from a pen drive and don't need the cd player specifically, you can buy a JBL X-333 Stereo.It plays music from pen drive and and has FM. Comes with 1 Year warranty. Available around Rs.2900/-

You can get get 6" Speakers from JVC under 2k which can be installed in the doors.
Old 20th December 2011, 19:34   #11246

thanks all i think i will go for JBL x333 HU

pls suggest matching speakers for the same
Old 21st December 2011, 12:11   #11247
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
thanks all i think i will go for JBL x333 HU

pls suggest matching speakers for the same

Try one of the following

Sony XS-GTF 16272 - 1800/-
Sony XS-GTF 13272 - 1300/-
Sony XS-GTF 10272 - 1100/-
scopriobharath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2011, 15:03   #11248
Senior - BHPian

I have an Accent with old Sony HU and Hyundai OEM speakers. Because i listen mostly to podcasts on my phone, i am in the process of upgrading my system.

I am getting Kenwood 7049BT HU from UAE through a relative.

Next step in the plan is to add component speakers in the front.

If budget permits, i will later add a 4-channel amp and a boxed woofer.

As 70% of my listening is podcasts, not interested in having good speakers in the rear. May add 5" speakers in OEM slots in the rear.

I will add damping to front doors and trunk shortly.

Can i drive component speakers directly from my HU without amplifier? I may add amplifier later? I guess OEM slots in the front doors of Accent will fill only 5" speakers. I may not be able to put 6".

What are good options for components speakers for a budget of 5000? Earlier i used JBL CS607 components in my palio. They were good for music. Podcasts are not recorded in a studio. Mostly they use very good microphone in a silent room. Some conversations have people talk over the phone. I feel the speakers should be good in highs.
Old 21st December 2011, 16:32   #11249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satish_appasani View Post
Can i drive component speakers directly from my HU without amplifier? I may add amplifier later? I guess OEM slots in the front doors of Accent will fill only 5" speakers. I may not be able to put 6".

What are good options for components speakers for a budget of 5000? Earlier i used JBL CS607 components in my palio. They were good for music. Podcasts are not recorded in a studio. Mostly they use very good microphone in a silent room. Some conversations have people talk over the phone. I feel the speakers should be good in highs.
Yes you can connect front speakers directly from HU without an Amp. Yes you can also add an amp later. Double check with Hyundai A.S.S on the size. I dont think there are any 5 inch compo-speakers available. 6.5 inches seems more available.
Old 22nd December 2011, 10:04   #11250
Senior - BHPian

There are 5.25" comps available. I would suggest you go for a 6.5" comps and fit them using spacers, this will give a better effect than the 5.25".

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks