Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th December 2011, 17:00   #11221
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishant B View Post
Thanks for the reply. Please see my reply/queries below
1) Making a custom Pod for tweeters are really not needed. Just place the tweeters on the dash using double sided tape and set teh trebble to maximum. This should give you enough "trebble". I have installed tweeters like this only in my Santro. I am more than happy with the effects.

2) Factory Parcel Trays are just aesthetic and you may place some light items at the best. At any Car accessories shop / ICE Installer, you have stronger Trays for speakers. They will custom cut the boards according to the speaker size and line it with a fibrous cloth.

3) You should be more than happy if you are doing all of the suggestions mentioned. If you are chauffer driven and like to watch action movies sound-proessors should be useful. Else you are good. I think there is hardly one SP install on TBHP.

4) I personally would power all 4 speakers using a 4-Channel Amp. the cost difference between a 2&4 channel amp is not much. If you power just the front speakers with an Amp, the front ones would sound excellent and the rear ones with sound okay-good.

5) Damping will add substantial sound quality.

If your friend is gifting them to you its good, but If you are paying your friend for the stuff, its a good idea to check local prices in india as $ to ruppee is high now. If you decide to but order ASAP as Christmas and new prices are really lucrative in USA.
Old 16th December 2011, 09:57   #11222
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
JL Audio has a separate RLC but only for the XD series. JBL doesn't seem to have that at all. Kicker has some 4-ch and 5-ch models (IX series) which have a bundled RLC.

Don't be limited by reviews only - check availability in the market first. Slips my mind, but there are a few amps available in India which have RLC bundled. Check the Show off and Sound off section for what people have bought on TBHP.
Finally my friend got a 4 channel JBL amp and Rockford Fosgate P1S412 installed. I told him to get the front speakers connected with remaining 2 channels of amp but the installer didn't do so . He said the front speakers will give cracking sound if they get amplified, I am not convinced with this.
Now the bass is too much and vocals are less. How do you tune bass from amplifier? because i can literally listen to the air blown by sub.
Old 16th December 2011, 11:15   #11223

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricky_1605 View Post
Finally my friend got a 4 channel JBL amp and Rockford Fosgate P1S412 installed. I told him to get the front speakers connected with remaining 2 channels of amp but the installer didn't do so . He said the front speakers will give cracking sound if they get amplified, I am not convinced with this.
Now the bass is too much and vocals are less. How do you tune bass from amplifier? because i can literally listen to the air blown by sub.
JBL Amp model and price please.
Are you changing the amp-speakers-sub connections?
If possible please load some pics.
Old 16th December 2011, 13:20   #11224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJPhukan View Post
JBL Amp model and price please.
Are you changing the amp-speakers-sub connections?
If possible please load some pics.
He got JBL GT-X646 for Rs. 5800. Right now only sub is connected to 2 channels of amp in bridged mode. I am thinking of convincing him to connect the rest 2 channels to stock front speakers.
Old 16th December 2011, 15:01   #11225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... I told him to get the front speakers connected with remaining 2 channels of amp but the installer didn't do so . He said the front speakers will give cracking sound if they get amplified, I am not convinced with this. ...
!!! And you would be absolutely right. Now your friend does not have any control to balance the sound.

The installer quite likely carries the same irrational unfounded but popular belief: amplifiers amplify it so much that it makes the music unnaturally loud. He is ignorant of tuning, as he only knows of boom boom subs and a smile on the face of the people who use such a system to advertize their presence, rather than listening to music.

What is the solution? Educate him, show him, convince him. If you do that, he will do as you say, and do the right thing. I think the best is that you sit with the installer and instruct what is to be done. You can read up on the simple tuning procedure on different threads, and instruct the same to installer.
Old 18th December 2011, 12:37   #11226
Senior - BHPian

Hello - I need some suggestions and advice from you on my proposed ICE install on my car - VW vento. Following is the list I have put together.

- HU - 2 DIN Pioneer AVH 3350BT
- Front Components - Infinity Reference Series
- Rear Coaxials - Infinity Reference Series on the door slots (or 6X9 on MDF board - Which is better? I'm always in the driver seat)
- 4 Channel and Mono block Amp - Need suggestions, for the moment it is JBL
- Sub woofer - Again, need suggestions, for the moment it is JBL.
- Wiring Kit - Need suggestions.

Am I missing anything else in here?

As you can see, the equipment list isnt fully finalized yet. I'm in the process of putting these together and would appreciate your inputs and help in doing so. Total budget is around 50K. I listen to all kind of music, from Jazz to rock to film songs. My priority would be sound quality. Please suggest along with prices if possible, thank you very much in advance.
Old 18th December 2011, 20:15   #11227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Hello - I need some suggestions and advice from you on my proposed ICE install on my car - VW vento. Following is the list I have put together.

- Rear Coaxials - Infinity Reference Series on the door slots (or 6X9 on MDF board - Which is better? I'm always in the driver seat)

As you can see, the equipment list isnt fully finalized yet. I'm in the process of putting these together and would appreciate your inputs and help in doing so. Total budget is around 50K. I listen to all kind of music, from Jazz to rock to film songs. My priority would be sound quality. Please suggest along with prices if possible, thank you very much in advance.
Hi Friend,
You need to get a Head unit which has 3 RCA , so that you can control the Front , Rear and the woofer from the HU. The one you have suggested is only 2 RCA.
Rear speakers always sound better on the MDF board and if they are ovals they make hell lot of a difference.
Old 18th December 2011, 21:35   #11228
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the suggestion garry, I'm fairly confident this model has 3 RCA's for expansion. I was using the AVH P3200BT earlier in my swift and it sure did have 3 pre-out's. I was very happy with its performance that I have decided to retain the same model of HU in the new setup.

The following amazon link (US Equivalent model p3300BT) says it comes with 3 4V RCA's.

Amazon.com: Pioneer AVH-P3300BT 5.8-Inch DVD AV Bluetooth Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control: Car Electronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by garry.brant View Post
Hi Friend,
You need to get a Head unit which has 3 RCA , so that you can control the Front , Rear and the woofer from the HU. The one you have suggested is only 2 RCA.
Rear speakers always sound better on the MDF board and if they are ovals they make hell lot of a difference.
Old 19th December 2011, 00:53   #11229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

so. Total budget is around 50K. I listen to all kind of music, from Jazz to rock to film songs. My priority would be sound quality.
Hi Bala,
Here are some points of advice
  • If it is a self driven car, spend well on the front components. You will not regret it.
  • I would advise using a 6" coaxial speaker in the rear door
  • You can choose a brand of amps you like, having a mono and a 4 channel is the ideal situation, however you can save some money by buying a 4-channel, using the front channels for the components and bridging the rear for the subwoofer. The rear speakers would just be fillers then and run of the HU. Mind you, 4 channel plus monoblok is BETTER.
  • Choose a pre-enclosed subwoofer. The box will be well-engineered and designed for the specific subwoofer. You can choose between boxes and tubes. There are many choices in themarket.
  • If you are planning to use a single wiring kit for 2 amplifiers, make sure it is of the appropriate thickness. I would recommend a 4 gauge minimum, split into 2 amps (if your amplifiers are small) otherwise you will need either 2X4gauge kits or a single 2gauge kit with a distribution unit that splits into 2X4gauge (short length) - simple solution without complication, but 2 wiring kits, one for each amp.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 00:56   #11230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I told him to get the front speakers connected with remaining 2 channels of amp but the installer didn't do so . He said the front speakers will give cracking sound if they get amplified, I am not convinced with this.
Hi Ricky,
You can 100% connect the front speakers to the GT-X646. The installer is poorly educated. I recommend putting the HPF on on the free 2 channels and turning the HPF frequency to 70Hz or so. This will prevent the small speakers from giving the cracking sound.
Sam Kapasi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2011, 01:31   #11231
BHPian

Can any of you update the price of Pioneer DVH 4390 currently in the market?
Old 19th December 2011, 15:51   #11232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by decode View Post
Can any of you update the price of Pioneer DVH 4390 currently in the market?
it costs approximately 12,000/- with Bill and warranty.
Old 19th December 2011, 18:58   #11233
Senior - BHPian

Thank you very much for your advice and suggestions Sam, much appreciated.

If you dont mind, can you comment on my choice of 6.5" front components - Infinity reference 6530CS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Kapasi View Post
Hi Bala,
Here are some points of advice
  • If it is a self driven car, spend well on the front components. You will not regret it.
Old 19th December 2011, 20:08   #11234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you very much for your advice and suggestions Sam, much appreciated.

If you dont mind, can you comment on my choice of 6.5" front components - Infinity reference 6530CS?
Many people think that these are good 6.5" components. I cannot promote them as I am commercially involved with the brand.

But I am free to tell you that you should listen and choose a product that suits your ears and pocket.
Old 19th December 2011, 20:16   #11235
Senior - BHPian

I bought a CS1215B 12" JBL sub-woofer-in-box. It sounds good, and am satisfied with the product.
But the one thing that got me confused is this : it says 'Bass-Reflex' sub-woofer, but it doesnt have a bass-reflex port . So what is the deal here ???

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks