Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2011, 13:16   #11131
Senior - BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

It's a decent unit for the price it comes. I am not sure of what different frequencies sound like but it did sound nice. However, the bass output was a little less when say compared to even Sony.

Also, I have heard that JVC units are not all that durable. Know a couple of friends who mention having problems with the faceplates. Whenever the car goes over a pothole or something, the unit either stops playing or the screen goes haywire etc.

Drive safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_mechengg View Post
Has anyone tried JVC KD-R926BT?

this seems to be awesome headunit with so many features. Is JVC proven for quality with respect to the features mentioned below?

1-DIN CD Receiver KD-R926BT | CD Receiver | Car Audio | JVC India
Old 12th November 2011, 14:23   #11132
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_9327 View Post
Thanks.Can you give model number/name ?
What is the difference between cs and gt series in Jbl ? I have cs , would it have been better with gt ?
4" speakers are offered in CS series only.
Here are some with approximate prices -
JBL GT6-S699 4k
JBL GTO949 5k
JBL GT5-S396 3k
Hertz DCX690 4k
Choose the best to your taste.
Old 12th November 2011, 14:52   #11133
BHPian

FIAT Punto

Guys, quick question. Can i replace the stock speakers on the Punto with components and co axials powered through the stock HU without Amplifiers?

If yes, what options hold good? I am looking for good neutral and balanced sounding speakers .

Last edited by pusako : 12th November 2011 at 14:53.
Old 12th November 2011, 15:50   #11134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
4" speakers are offered in CS series only.
Here are some with approximate prices -
JBL GT6-S699 4k
JBL GTO949 5k
JBL GT5-S396 3k
Hertz DCX690 4k
Choose the best to your taste.
Wow ok. After reading all the GT posts i was feeling bad for having gone for CS. Thanks for confirming that 4" is available in CS only.

Are the other speakers you have mentioned rear 6x9 speakers ?
Old 12th November 2011, 16:14   #11135
BHPian

Quote:
Wow ok. After reading all the GT posts i was feeling bad for having gone for CS. Thanks for confirming that 4" is available in CS only.

All of them are 6X9 rear speakers .

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
Guys, quick question. Can i replace the stock speakers on the Punto with components and co axials powered through the stock HU without Amplifiers?

If yes, what options hold good? I am looking for good neutral and balanced sounding speakers .
Ofcourse, you can do so.
You can look at Morel Maximo Components (5.5k) for the front.
IMO components from bull audio are quite neutral.
Any coaxials would do in the rear.

Last edited by k2max6 : 12th November 2011 at 16:27.
Old 12th November 2011, 18:06   #11136
BHPian

Guys, need some help here. I have heard from people (and have heard the quality myself as well ) of the XUV ICE. Its a bad piece with poor treble and bass. I listen to a lot of rock and prefer good range of treble and bass.

Can someone advice what changes can be made in XUVs ICE to fit the bill for better sound quality? I am new at this, will the amp, if required and suggested, eat up lots of space in the car?

Any generic advice, most welcome and highly requested for!
Old 12th November 2011, 21:02   #11137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infiniti.Rahul View Post
Guys, need some help here. I have heard from people (and have heard the quality myself as well ) of the XUV ICE. Its a bad piece with poor treble and bass. I listen to a lot of rock and prefer good range of treble and bass.

Can someone advice what changes can be made in XUVs ICE to fit the bill for better sound quality? I am new at this, will the amp, if required and suggested, eat up lots of space in the car?

You can change the stock speakers with good aftermarket ones from JBL,Kicker,Pioneer etc..
If you want to add an amplifier you can also do so,although not mandatory.The HU is good enough to run the speakers.
An amp hardly takes any space and can be tucked in anywhere.

IMO change the speakers only.Add an amplifier only if you wish to change the head unit as well and may be add a subwoofer.

Look for more here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...xuv-500-a.html

Last edited by k2max6 : 12th November 2011 at 21:06.
k2max6 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 10:15   #11138
BHPian

HI there

Need advice from users and gurus. I'm planning to get an amp. looking at Kenwood XR-4S Amplifier. Now on paper it looks good. It is quoted at 12000 rs for a used one. It a shwroom display piece and amy be an year old.Is it worth the price. and what about its performance. I'm planning to run comps and sub from it???

Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 14:24   #11139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
You can change the stock speakers with good aftermarket ones from JBL,Kicker,Pioneer etc..
If you want to add an amplifier you can also do so,although not mandatory.The HU is good enough to run the speakers.
An amp hardly takes any space and can be tucked in anywhere.

IMO change the speakers only.Add an amplifier only if you wish to change the head unit as well and may be add a subwoofer.

Look for more here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/ask-gu...xuv-500-a.html
Hi, thanks a ton for the advice. What is the bad sound output is a function of bad Hu and not so much as bad speakers? Sorry, this may be naïve but isn't it so that bad sound could be a function of either bad HU or bad speakers or both? What's your take on that and specific to XUV?
Old 13th November 2011, 17:14   #11140
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, thanks a ton for the advice. What is the bad sound output is a function of bad Hu and not so much as bad speakers? Sorry, this may be naïve but isn't it so that bad sound could be a function of either bad HU or bad speakers or both? What's your take on that and specific to XUV?
Bad Sound Output is the function of the bad HU as well as bad speakers.
HU is the source of sound.If the source is bad the speakers cant do anything.

In the case of XUV i can't say that the source is bad but i would say it is not as good as the options available in the market.Changing the speakers would make some good difference.

Go in for Component Speakers for the front and maybe coaxials in the rear or vice versa depending on if the xuv would be self driven or not.
Although i am not sure but it should take 6" Speakers in the doors.

Changing speakers should do the trick !
k2max6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 18:35   #11141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
HI there

Need advice from users and gurus. I'm planning to get an amp. looking at Kenwood XR-4S Amplifier. Now on paper it looks good. It is quoted at 12000 rs for a used one. It a shwroom display piece and amy be an year old.Is it worth the price. and what about its performance. I'm planning to run comps and sub from it???

Thanks
Replier please...gurus, users etc

thanks
sheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2011, 23:33   #11142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheelz View Post
Replier please...gurus, users etc

thanks
Although never auditioned it, but have heard some good reviews about the amp.
Even if its a demo piece, Would you be getting warranty on it ?
By any chance are you from Mumbai then i guess it might be the one on sale on ebay & also t-bhp Classifieds(From Avenue Sound) On sale since 02-Sep
IMO You should make it under 10k.

As far as finalizing the deal is concerned wait for the gurus to reply.t-bhp is a little silent on weekends.

Last edited by k2max6 : 13th November 2011 at 23:38.
Old 14th November 2011, 02:52   #11143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post

No you cannot,the headunit will start clipping after the volumes above 18-20.It cant bear the load of an quality aftermarket speakers/component system.

Quote:

Add a Hi-Low level module or processor and upgrade according to your pocket

Ramie
Old 14th November 2011, 09:17   #11144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
No you cannot,the headunit will start clipping after the volumes above 18-20.It cant bear the load of an quality aftermarket speakers/component system.

Add a Hi-Low level module or processor and upgrade according to your pocket

Ramie
Hey Ramie,

Thanks for the info but wanted to reconfirm whether the head unit is good enough in an XUV to sustain good speakers or do I definitely need an amp if I change my speakers. Lets talk specifically to XUV if possible Sire!
Old 14th November 2011, 12:47   #11145
BHPian

Quote:

Was Mistaken.They are available in CS & GT both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post

Ramie
Adding an amp can solve it.Right !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks