Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2011, 13:39   #11101
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikramshetty101 View Post
Thanks Navin. So if the same manufacturer is making the driver and enclosure, then the accuracy would be better (since they would be able to measure the speaker parameters post manufacture and before making the enclosure ? and does it mean that, if one is going in for a bandpass set up, it makes more sense to get one where the enclosure and driver have been made by the manufacturer ?
Correct except that.....

it is not physically possible for a manufacturer to measure every single driver they make hence the BP boxes are usually a close approximation. This is just the nature of the beast. 2 BP boxes from the same manufacturer (same model, month of manufacture etc..) might have minor variations. So this is the bad news....so what's the good news?

The good news is that your cabin probably has a bigger effect on the peaks and valleys in the speaker's frequency response than any of these variations in T/S specs.

One part of understanding loudspeakers and their effect in a cabin is theoretical and one and mull about this for decades (I know I have). This will give you knowledge.

The other part is practical and one can try and learn how each loudspeaker responds in a particular enviroment and enjoy the music and the process. This will give you wisdom.
Old 11th October 2011, 16:11   #11102

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Correct except that.....
================
The other part is practical and one can try and learn how each loudspeaker responds in a particular enviroment and enjoy the music and the process. This will give you wisdom.
Haha ok. Thanks for the wise words was helpful.

But i still need some "knowledge" on the JBL GT5-1204BP anyone?
Old 15th October 2011, 17:28   #11103
BHPian

Connect Blackberry9300 to Honda City car audio system

@mods - I was unsure which sub-forum to post this in, so please shift it to the appropriate one. Thanks.

Is there a way where I can connect my Blackberry Curve 9300 to the Honda City car audio system so that all music files in the Blackberry can be streamed through the car speakers? I tried using the USB connector, but it does not work.

Any assitance would be very much appreciated. thanks.
Old 16th October 2011, 08:58   #11104
BHPian

Update to my earlier post - I noticed there there is another port in the car system - I guess that would be an aux port. Can this port be used to hook on the blakberry?
Old 16th October 2011, 14:21   #11105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Update to my earlier post - I noticed there there is another port in the car system - I guess that would be an aux port. Can this port be used to hook on the blakberry?

If it is an AUX port, then you can connect any audio device that can output sound through a wire having a 3.5mm audio jack at one end, which connects to the car's port, and the other end connected to the sound output port of the device. For your BlackBerry, you'll need a wire with 3.5mm audio jacks on both the ends.
manjot1912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 20:26   #11106
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjot1912 View Post
If it is an AUX port, then you can connect any audio device that can output sound through a wire having a 3.5mm audio jack at one end, which connects to the car's port, and the other end connected to the sound output port of the device. For your BlackBerry, you'll need a wire with 3.5mm audio jacks on both the ends.
Thank you very much for your response manjot. Any idea whether such a wire would be readily available in the market and if so, in what kind of shops? Sorry to ask you basic questions.
Old 17th October 2011, 20:43   #11107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_srini View Post
Thank you very much for your response manjot. Any idea whether such a wire would be readily available in the market and if so, in what kind of shops? Sorry to ask you basic questions.

I'm glad to help you Raj.

If you're looking for a good quality, branded product, then you can try this - Belkin : 3.5mm Stereo Cable, 6'

Or else, you can buy it from any local audio hardware store, which deals in building custom speakers.

I've been using a wire from my old, out of order, 2.1 computer speakers since last 4 years.
manjot1912 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2011, 21:22   #11108
BHPian

I have some queries regarding the ICE upgrade for my Ford Fiesta Sports Petrol and hopefully the experts here will help me take a decision.

The car has the OEM speakers and HU as of now. I want to upgrade to something better. My dealer has asked me to retain the OEM Head Unit and front speakers. For the amplifier and rear speakers here is what my dealer has suggested:

Amplifier Options
JL Audio J320.4 4 Channel - Rs. 1500/-
Rockford Fosgate 4 Channel 300 - Rs. 10,800/-

Rear Speaker Options
MTX - Rs. 4500/-
Rockford Fosgate Punch - Rs. 6000/-
JL Audio TX Series - Rs 5200/-

Bass Box / Tube
I have an old Helix Bass Box / Tube lying with me and my dealer said I could use that.

Other stuff required
LOC Converter (to make the OEM HU work with the Amplifier) - Rs. 1800/- (brand not known)
Rockford Fosgate Cabling - Rs 3000/-

Please advice on what should I buy and also if the prices are fine. Any other suggestions are also welcome. Thanks

PS: I am a noob when it comes to audio/technical stuff
Old 25th October 2011, 22:03   #11109
BHPian

Hi

i wanted to upgrade my ICE and am thoroughly confused.. i want to upgrade mu HU but i was thinking of buying a processor like the bit 1 to work with my current HU(Pioneer 3090 ub or something) as in the future i will be shifting my setup to my other car(accord). but somewhere in my mind i feel that i will get better SQ by investing the money in a better HU like the P80 rs2 and the likes and hence my confusion..

i am looking for a completely SQ oriented setup and thus would like the advice of knowledgeable people to suggest the best alternative.

what should i buy.. a good HU or a processor ?

thanks
Old 31st October 2011, 21:38   #11110
BHPian

ice for New Estilo

My sister is buying a new estilo next week. We saw two ICE system for this at the dealer. One was Kenwood another was JVC (KD4527 and XR 4167 forgot which one was which!) with 4 speakers configuration to be fitted in the slots provided. one was for Rs 12400 and the other one Rs 13000.

Now I have following queries:

1. Should we have 2 speakers or 4 speaker config.Is 4 speaker config a must for good music considering she rides alone mostly and listens to Hindi film music/FM/religious music.

2. If two speakers are OK should they be in front or rear?

3. Are the rates quoted OK or should we get ICE from an ICE dealer rather than from car dealer?

4. Please suggest some alternative configurations, HU+ speakers along with price range if possible (Ideally below 10 k). SHould have USB option and sound quality should be decent, need not be extraordinary.

Looking forward to expert advice!
Old 31st October 2011, 22:44   #11111
Senior - BHPian

Re: ice for New Estilo

Rock75 - First Of All, congradulation on the purchase.

1) With your description, I would suggest to go in for 4 speakers.
2) If only 2 speakers, then logic says it must be in front. Since your sister drives alone (drive = front seat = front speakers).
3) NEVER get any electrical / electronics from the dealer. They will have a very limited collection and will be priced exhorbitantly. Go to any ICE Dealer and get Orignal sets with Bill and warranty only. This will expose you to variety and competitive pricing.
4) A Sample Basic bare bones config below. It will cost you around 8 grand only with bill and warranty. (Pics Below)

With the remaining money you can buy any rear speaker or a set of tweeters.

Couple of pieces of advice before you buy ICe.

a) Never buy from dealer
b) Always buy with Bill and warranty
c) Go to a professional ICE installer and try to avoid the mass auto accessories market unless you know someone very well personally. Some shop like this(www.privilegemotomall.com)
d) Listen to the audio setup personally, probably take your sister along and discuss so that there will be 2 different views (You and sister) which will help you decide.
e) No harm in carrying a CD / Pen drive / iPOD with the music of your taste and play it at the showroom and infer results.
f) Do not decide at the showroom itself. Step out, grab some tea, have a small discussion and then finalize. This will help you think better.

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-113190.jpg

Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q!-116725.jpg

Last edited by scopriobharath : 31st October 2011 at 22:48.
Old 7th November 2011, 12:49   #11112
SMK
BHPian

Hi People! Needed one information on a player i am eyeing to buy, this is for my Ford Fiesta back home in India. I have 2 choices to make,

1. Pioneer - AVH - P4350DVD
2. Kenwood - DDX8036BT

I am bit confused between both of these :( Also, could you please suggest me some screens for the headrest? I just want them to be low cost and dont mind buying some non-branded stuff as well.

Thanks!
Old 7th November 2011, 18:00   #11113
Senior - BHPian

The Kenwood. If possible the next higher model which has the Garmin GPS built-in - you can load MMI maps on an SD card into it.

Headrest screens - any China-made one will do (they are all made there!).
DerAlte is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 23:30   #11114
rbp
BHPian

Hi guys, I will be travelling to US in a months time, any good online shopping site from where I can buy car audio stuff. Thanks!
Old 9th November 2011, 11:31   #11115
BHPian

Hi guys, there's a query from my friend Abhinav who has got his new Swift. Currently he only wants to go for all door speakers. Please advice him on the below query:

-----------------------------------------------
For Maruti Swift VXI, I went to some vendors for my Car audio setup. Here are the details I got:

Head Unit: Pioneer 6390SD (Quote: 7K)

Front Speakers: 3 options:
a) Infinity Components (Quote: 6K)
b) JBL GTO
c) JBL GT6

Rear Speakers: 3 options
a) Infinity co-axial (Quote: 3.8K)
b) JBL GT6 (2-way co-axial)

In future, I would like to update with a woofer and an amp.

Music taste: I usually listen Hindi movies songs, sometimes Rock (Pink Floyd, linking park etc.) in between.

Now, I am confused whether I should go with Infinity speakers or not. I have a budget of 16-17K.

Please suggest.

-----------------------------------------------

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks