Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2011, 12:17   #11071
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
If you need more bass you could get a MDF rear deck and a pair of 6x9s instead of the rear door speakers.

For the sub consider Polk or JBL. Although I have not heard this Pioneer sub, I would assume the Polk or JBL subs might do a better job.
I am using stock Optra system. I am ok with the quality of sound, but the bass is almost non existant. Will this suggestion of yours fulfill my need? I am no audiophile, but the lack of bass is really showing on most of my music collection. I have only a front door speakers at present.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:47   #11072
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

A subwoofer will help the bass that's what a subwoofer is meant to do.

My belief is that maybe a Polk or JBL woofer will do a better job for the same money as the Pioneer.

For tighter bass consider a sealed box.
navin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 12:47   #11073
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Navin. I went and had a detailed discussion with my car accs guy and ended up with your option 1: getting 6X9 ovals for the back on MDF tray and door speakers in the front. Was keen on JBL but he convinced me to go for Rockford Fosgate all around.

Ironically have not had a chance to check out the new system yet since am not using the car myself currently. Will do it soon and post a detailed report in my ownership thread. Thanks!
Old 4th October 2011, 12:50   #11074
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Was keen on JBL but he convinced me to go for Rockford Fosgate all around.!
He convinced you? You should never let anyone but your OWN ears decide this.

Old Auricle Parable: My Ears+My Money+My Music=My Way

Last edited by navin : 4th October 2011 at 12:53.
Old 4th October 2011, 12:57   #11075
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess it's a question of RF giving him more commission than JBL in the end.

But no misgivings really. I read some online reviews and also checked with some guys whose opinion I respect- they gave me the thumbs up, so Rockford Fosgate it was!
Old 4th October 2011, 13:00   #11076
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I guess it's a question of RF giving him more commission than JBL in the end. I read some online reviews and also checked with some guys whose opinion I respect- they gave me the thumbs up, so Rockford Fosgate it was!
His commision should not decide your speakers and neither should online reviews (some reviews are planted) however the opinion of ears you respect is a fair source.
navin is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2011, 13:40   #11077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
A subwoofer will help the bass that's what a subwoofer is meant to do.

My belief is that maybe a Polk or JBL woofer will do a better job for the same money as the Pioneer.

For tighter bass consider a sealed box.
Thanks Navin. Is there is model number or power rating that I should look at and also approximately how much would it cost me? Also, I dont want to use up boot space considerably. Or can a rear speaker do this job?
Old 4th October 2011, 21:49   #11078
BHPian

ok. I had a Blaupunkt THA 555 PnP which burnt out today after just 1 year. I took the car to driven, where we found the problem.

Now its no more available, any other solution to make it work with linea's stock system, i have blue and me and would like to use it.

As per driven i can get a 4 channel amp and use rear channel to run my sub and run rear components directly.

any other suggestions?
Old 5th October 2011, 10:41   #11079
Senior - BHPian

Can be repaired - check with the old Blau service guys. Though no longer sold in India, it is still in production with decent availability of spares. Ask Bosch service for someone reasonably near you.
Old 5th October 2011, 11:23   #11080
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Thanks Navin. Is there is model number or power rating that I should look at and also approximately how much would it cost me?
Model numbers change evey year. Power ratings are overrated.

Best way is to "use your ears (and whats between them)".
Old 5th October 2011, 12:49   #11081
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
I bought a CS1215B 12" JBL sub-woofer-in-box. It sounds good, and am satisfied with the product.
But the one thing that got me confused is this : it says 'Bass-Reflex' sub-woofer, but it doesnt have a bass-reflex port . How come ???
Any updates, anyone ?

Thanks !
Old 5th October 2011, 13:21   #11082
BHPian

sx4 Zxi audio upgrade

I have a 2011 Sx4 Zxi.
The Hu has one set of RCA pre-outs. The stock speakers are 6 inchers in all four doors with additional tweeters in the front.
I was thinking of adding a 4-channel amplifier, putting 6x9 ovals in the rear deck (and disconnecting the rear door speakers) and running all four speakers off the amp.
I presume I would have to use speaker-level inputs for the amp.
My investment would therefore be one JBL 4-ch amp and 1 pair 2-way oval speakers.
Any suggestions?
Old 5th October 2011, 13:59   #11083
Team-BHP Support

Re: sx4 Zxi audio upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
My investment would therefore be one JBL 4-ch amp and 1 pair 2-way oval speakers.
Any suggestions?
This will work. However I would advise upgrading the stock front speakers as well.

BTW what are those tweeters you talk about?
Old 5th October 2011, 14:46   #11084
BHPian

Re: sx4 Zxi audio upgrade

the Zxi model of SX4 has tweeters also in front, at the top of the front doors, factory supplied.
Old 5th October 2011, 17:25   #11085
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to one dealer regarding the Caska Universal HU and he quoted a price of 31k. Is it really worth the price? This price included only the double DIN HU, no speakers, no amps, nothing.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks