Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 7th July 2011, 12:33   #10981
Team-BHP Support

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
Originally Posted by donarun View Post
The Eclipse cd7200 mkII is a classic piece of equipment. .. the HU has a dingy user interface. Plus I hope by now you know that its a dead head ie it doesnt have an inbuilt ampifier like the 7016/117.
Quote:
Originally Posted by e-katz View Post
Is that a good or a bad thing? If we are going to drive the speakers using an amp, that should not make a difference I am hoping.
Actually dead heads are usually fantastic. Since they do not have power amps inside them the space is usually used by bigger beefier power supplies and hence they are very very stable. The 7200 unfortunately did not have the user interface of an Alpine.

You can get a 117 for now. Later on when you get a monoblock, disable the internal amp. The X100 imprint kit can be added at any stage.
Old 7th July 2011, 20:47   #10982
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Quote:
The entry level JL comps used by few Chennai members are great for that price. But I would advice you to get something from the Rainbow stable if possible.
the JL I was talking about was the XR 650 CSI which is available for a steal here.

Quote:
Dont waste your money on getting a mono yet,
Only plan to get a mono when I put in the subwoofer which is not now.

Quote:
This amp is better than the Focal solid 4
Do you mean that is better suited for SQ?
Old 8th July 2011, 00:10   #10983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
JVC 846 is the latest in the market with detachable face,also seperate gps module is availabe for touchscreen integration.

Focal is very much available officially in India.

If install done in too details warranties wont void as OE wires not required to be spliced

ramie
What are the differences between 836 & 846. The JVC dealer of Bangalore says 836 is much better coz it comes with 5 volt and 846 comes with 4 volt. Is there any difference in features of both?
Old 8th July 2011, 01:07   #10984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit_relan View Post
What are the differences between 836 & 846. The JVC dealer of Bangalore says 836 is much better coz it comes with 5 volt and 846 comes with 4 volt. Is there any difference in features of both?
Yes not much difference only giving a fresh look to the new updated series from JVC,also pre-outs are 4v,Ive installed both sound quality and tuning wise makes no difference.The 4v-5v theory is a bit complicated as we never reach to the peak level

Ramie
Old 8th July 2011, 10:37   #10985
BHPian

Quote:
Yes not much difference only giving a fresh look to the new updated series from JVC,also pre-outs are 4v,Ive installed both sound quality and tuning wise makes no difference.The 4v-5v theory is a bit complicated as we never reach to the peak level

Ramie
Thanks Ramie...But what do you advise on 846 or 836? Do we have similar product in Pioneer with similar features? If yes, what will be the cost of the same?
Old 8th July 2011, 13:51   #10986
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit_relan View Post
Thanks Ramie...But what do you advise on 846 or 836? Do we have similar product in Pioneer with similar features? If yes, what will be the cost of the same?
Pioneer will not have the in-built blue-tooth and the face-plate panel is not detachable.whereas pioneer has much easy user-interface and more exciting to use If i were you i would go in for Pioneer "Moolah you can get it from your local dealers in your area".
Old 8th July 2011, 15:28   #10987
BHPian

Quote:
Pioneer will not have the in-built blue-tooth and the face-plate panel is not detachable.whereas pioneer has much easy user-interface and more exciting to use If i were you i would go in for Pioneer "Moolah you can get it from your local dealers in your area".
Can you please share the model no.? I am looking out for something similar to JVC 846 in looks.
Will pioneer have more or equal features like JVC?
Old 20th July 2011, 20:53   #10988
Senior - BHPian

Can someone please suggest a head unit for around 10-12 thousand rupees. The Blaupunkt MP46 in my cedia is not reading CDs anymore. It'll mostly be fed original CDs and all I care about is good sound quality on CDs and potentially USB/Ipod compatibility.

As far as sound is concerned, I need mid-range clarity over anything else. Reasonably articulate bass and smooth top end would be a bonus. I'd be running it with the stock coaxials that came with my car so all i expect is reasonable quality.

Blaupunkt used to do most of the above pretty well but since they no longer exist in India, I have to look at other options. Please suggest something which is available locally with bill and warranty.
Old 22nd July 2011, 20:23   #10989
Senior - BHPian

Look at Kenwood - U546BT, U449 or U349. If you raise your budget a bit, one would recommend a 7046BT/6046. Check in the market, you might find last year's 7016 at a reasonable price.
Old 28th July 2011, 01:22   #10990
Senior - BHPian

Experts, please advice.

I am looking for 6x9 speakers for rear shelf. I have been offered Soundstream SPL 69 for a good price.

Are they any good? I have not heard about this brand. I think its old school.

Will my headunit JVC KD 6300 be able to drive those?

Another option is Bravox CXX 60 which are the same price.

I would appreciate if some body could throw light on it.

thanks
Old 30th July 2011, 22:04   #10991
BHPian

I have a query. I have got Hertz Hi-Energy 2 way comps and plan to get either clarion cz501e or fz709e soon.

Personally I listen to Instrumental music 70% of the time. So I want a setup which sounds good for this kind of music. I don't want glass shattering bass. Bass should tight and reproduce the strings and drums in a good way.

Now my query is should I go for coaxials for the rear and add an Amp later or go for an Amp now and add the coaxials later. I am not that inclined in adding a sub at this juncture because I travel a lot and require boot space. Dampening shall also be carried some time in future.

The budget in my mind is 10k for either.

Keeping this in mind I want suggestions for Amp or Coaxials.

If it's Amp that is recommended I think a 4-channel Amp would cover addition of coaxials later.

As far as coaxials are concerned I like to keep the speakers in stock position at rear, which I believe can accommodate 6.5" with minor modifications.

My car is Palio stile sdx.

Last edited by vamsi.kona : 30th July 2011 at 22:06.
Old 1st August 2011, 10:23   #10992
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
I have a query. I have got Hertz Hi-Energy 2 way comps and plan to get either clarion cz501e or fz709e soon.

Personally I listen to Instrumental music 70% of the time. So I want a setup which sounds good for this kind of music. I don't want glass shattering bass. Bass should tight and reproduce the strings and drums in a good way.

Now my query is should I go for coaxials for the rear and add an Amp later or go for an Amp now and add the coaxials later..
My guess is adding the coaxials now would give you a better bang for your buck. Add a good 4 ch. amp later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I have been offered Soundstream SPL 69 for a good price.

Will my headunit JVC KD 6300 be able to drive those?
Another option is Bravox CXX 60 which are the same price.
Without having heard the SPL 69 I cant say.

Never heard of the Bravox HU. I thought they only made speakers. I'd take the JVC.
Old 1st August 2011, 12:20   #10993
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
My guess is adding the coaxials now would give you a better bang for your buck. Add a good 4 ch. amp later.
Thank you. Any suggestions regarding the coaxials which are 6.5" in size as I want to fit them in stock locations with minor modifications. Of course I will audition the speakers but narrowing down to a few good one's would help.
Old 1st August 2011, 20:34   #10994
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Without having heard the SPL 69 I cant say.

Never heard of the Bravox HU. I thought they only made speakers. I'd take the JVC.
I am sorry if i was not clear enough. Bravox cxx 60 are 6x9 speakers only. Either speaker will be connected to my JVC 6300 HU.

I already have the JVC. The question is Soundstream SPL69 or Bravox cxx60. These both are not available anywhere. Soundstream is 5 year old speakers while Bravox has sales and service only in Brazil. They briefly started selling in USA, but they pulled out of USA last year.

I actually cancelled the idea of 5-year old SPL 69 even though its brand new. The person is asking $100 for it which is too much. I guess i can get better ones from any brands for lesser price.

Still hung up on Bravox or pioneer A6974R.
Old 2nd August 2011, 09:45   #10995
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevelle View Post
I am sorry if i was not clear enough. Bravox cxx 60 are 6x9 speakers only. Still hung up on Bravox or pioneer A6974R.
Never heard either so I cant tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.kona View Post
Thank you. Any suggestions regarding the coaxials which are 6.5" in size as I want to fit them in stock locations with minor modifications.
Stick to the same brand as you got in the front.

Most Viewed