Team-BHP > In-Car Entertainment

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2011, 12:03   #10921
BHPian

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

Hi guys,
I have a 2008 Maruti WagonR which is my first car, and I'm planning to put in a subwoofer/basstube.
The thing is, my current setup consists of a maruti branded HU(I don't know the model number), and a pair of 4" speakers in the dash(wagonR stock speakers).
This setup was already in the car during the time of purchase (this is a second hand car).
I always wanted a boom-boom car but my budget is severly limited, (I'm only still a student, cash is hard to come by...)
Will I be able to buy a sub and amp within my budget of around 12k? And will the overall sound quality be good, I mean, I dont have any components or coaxials anywhere, only the stock speakers..
I'm a complete audio noob, so please dont laugh when I ask some really silly questions like, What is the real difference in the sound between a convensional sub and a bassstube? I mean, they all produce bass right??
Thanks a lot in advance guys, any help is really appreciated!!
Old 22nd May 2011, 19:51   #10922
BANNED

Re: Car Audio Advice from the Audio Gurus: Use "Search thread" before posting a new Q

hey guys,

wasnt sure where to post this query so trying my luck in this thread. i am based in Gurgaon and need info on a good installer in Gurgaon/Delhi. i know Driven is one. Do any of you know of any other installer who can do a good job of installing multiple amps, damping, and everything. Gurgaon is full of road side "installers" but i am looking for professional install here.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd May 2011, 20:20   #10923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed.Demon View Post
Hi guys,
I have a 2008 Maruti WagonR which is my first car, and I'm planning to put in a subwoofer/basstube.
The thing is, my current setup consists of a maruti branded HU(I don't know the model number), and a pair of 4" speakers in the dash(wagonR stock speakers).
This setup was already in the car during the time of purchase (this is a second hand car).
I always wanted a boom-boom car but my budget is severly limited, (I'm only still a student, cash is hard to come by...)
Will I be able to buy a sub and amp within my budget of around 12k? And will the overall sound quality be good, I mean, I dont have any components or coaxials anywhere, only the stock speakers..
I'm a complete audio noob, so please dont laugh when I ask some really silly questions like, What is the real difference in the sound between a convensional sub and a bassstube? I mean, they all produce bass right??
Thanks a lot in advance guys, any help is really appreciated!!
Yes indeed you can install an amp and subwoofer in the budget you have, sound quality of your subwoofer kicking in can be tuned according to your speakers.

A few 2channel amplifier's have an optional Remote Bass knob controller attachment facility,you can search around the corner,get a 1.4cu.ft sealed box with a 300wRMS subwoofer,8awg wiring voila your done with the Boom-Boom-Boom the Optional remote bass knob controller will provide you the flexibility in lowering down the Low Bass from the subwoofer.Little bit homework is required in this budget to get the right ICE stuff installed.

Ramie
Old 22nd May 2011, 21:08   #10924
BHPian

Hi,

I didn't want to start a new thread for this enquiry. I have the following

1. Your Car: Tata Safari GX

2. Your current setup (If any): Stock (Which I'm pretty not sure of the details)

3. Your Budget: 30-40k

4. Do you drive most of the time or is it chauffer driven? Self driven

5. Your Music preferences (Genres, favorite artists, etc.): Hip-Hop, Pop, Blues, Regional Movie Soundtracks

Additional Information:

6. Are you ready to sacrifice your boot space/modify door panels? : Would like to keep it stock as much as possible.

I would like to replace the HU for something that will support Bluetooth connectivity and if it doesn't make much of a difference DVD playback. I prefer components for the front. Confused as to which will be good, Illusion, infinity, image dynamics, hertz, Dynaudio, bull, rainbow. Sub and amp are planned for a later time.

Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2011, 09:47   #10925
BHPian

Thank you for the response Ramie!!
Glad to know that I can fix a sub in my budget, but whatever you said about bass tuners and all are way beyond me..
Also, I'm still really confused about the difference between basstibes and subs. I generally listen to hip hop,dance tracks, and occasional desi beats..
Old 23rd May 2011, 10:33   #10926
BHPian

'Basstube' is a subwoofer in a tubular enclosure. May or may not be active. The Tymphany LAT 250 is a passive tube, most of the tubular JBL et al are active.
Old 23rd May 2011, 15:20   #10927
BHPian

@ all ICE Guru's

Would the JBL GTO3501 mono amp, be able to handle the Infinity Kappa 120.9w Sub??

Last edited by maglev : 23rd May 2011 at 15:23.
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:08   #10928
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
@ all ICE Guru's

Would the JBL GTO3501 mono amp, be able to handle the Infinity Kappa 120.9w Sub??
Would be able to handle it,but you will feel its a bit under-powering,also which headunit are you using as that too plays an important role,which car your planning in to install.

Ramie
ramie2400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2011, 23:58   #10929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post
Would be able to handle it,but you will feel its a bit under-powering,also which headunit are you using as that too plays an important role,which car your planning in to install.

Ramie
I would be using a pioneer touchscreen in my SX4. So would it be sufficient ??

Last edited by maglev : 24th May 2011 at 00:05.
Old 24th May 2011, 21:44   #10930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramie2400 View Post

Ramie
Which Amp in a similar price range as the JBL GTO 3501 (Mono), do you feel would be able to handle this sub comfortably.

I have the following installed in my SX4:

Bull 5 Gauge wiring,
Pioneer Touchscreen HU
Rainbow components W165 SLG F3 (front only)
Kenwood KAC 846
Currently the rear sound stage is empty

Last edited by maglev : 24th May 2011 at 21:50.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:28   #10931
BHPian

Guys I need urgent feedback.

Has anyone visited shop called Music Car @ Ghatkhopar East. In particular how is he in tunning the system, wiring, amplifier checking and servicing, overall service. Can he handle high end stuff.

Let me know your reviews on him at the earliest.

Thanks.
Old 11th June 2011, 16:51   #10932
BHPian

Hello experts,

My setup:
Front : Phoenix Gold 6" Comps
Rear : JBL GT5 S204 : Powered from the HU
Sub: JBL CS1215
AMP: Clarion XR 2410 : Driving the comps and Sub

Here's my query:

Now the front speakers are outperforming the rear as its being driven by the HU. I want to make it in a balanced form. I am thinking of to connect the rear speakers to the AMP where the front speakers are connected. But the rear speakers will not handle the load the AMP exerts, so is it possible to put a preset in between the rear speakers and the AMP to adjust it to a safe level? I know I will be missing the fader function by doing so. But that's not my concern. Will this preset cause any extra load to the AMP and does it make any issues to the set up in future?
Old 12th June 2011, 12:01   #10933
BHPian

HI,
Im using the gto 1004 with CDT HD 62 components and ground zero gztw 30t subwoofer it is 4ohm,which is rated at 400rms.I had installed these amplifier at 2 days before.My question is that,i had tunned these subwoofer at 31 volt and at 80 hz,but at these gain setting the subwoofer gives the flattering sound, whenever is make the gain setting low the sound disappears,what should be the problem?
is the life of subwoofer is ended?
is there any issue of impedence?means gto 1004 gives 4 ohm at bridge mode for rear channel?
please help!
Old 15th June 2011, 11:16   #10934
BHPian

Note from Team-BHP Support : We do NOT permit bumping up your own query. Such posts are classified as SPAM. Please do NOT inconvenience other users by bumping up your own posts.

Last edited by navin : 15th June 2011 at 16:27.
Old 20th June 2011, 23:53   #10935
BHPian

Hello Experts,

I am taking the delivery of Scorpio Mhawk Special Edition which comes with 9" DVD system mounted on roof. I plan to put touch screen JVC 846 or something similar (Please advise). The JVC 836 costs 25k with b/w in Bangalore. I plan to change the speakers in Scorpio. I do not believe in modifying or cutting...So I plean to use the speakers in the same place where they originally are.
Scorpio comes with reverse sensors...and I plan to put reverse camera and attach it with the complete touch screen HU. I do not plan to add GPS to HU coz that will not add value. The main reason - Audio commands will not work when i am listening to songs or the songs will not plan when GPS is functioning.

TO summarize :
1. Need help with Speakers - Type & Brand for both front and back.
2. Need help with Double Din touch scrren HU with Bluetooth, Reverse camera compatibility, should also have steering control (coz scorpio comes with steering controls for music system).
3. Do I need to put an Amp?
4. Shall I also add sub woofer or something else like a tube.

Budget - Aprrox 60k.

I am completely new to make modification in terms of ICE. This will be first high end vehicle for me. Earlier to this I own a Baleno Vxi which I am selling and I also own Spark LT.

Please suggest.

Regards
Vinit

Most Viewed